GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Product Review: LuxLink Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 12:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by LXOGOOD

Here's my point... If anyone wants all the bells and whistles for an alarm, then you will need to buy the Viper or Alpine alarm and have it installed by a professional. They are the big-boys in car alarms for protection and features. However, If you just want some added security to your factory alarm, or want a remote start using your factory key, buy the LMW products.
yup, exactly my reasonings for getting their stuff too

and any ideas on them working on a further range for the remote?
Old 11-07-04, 07:53 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i was told by another cl member with the luxlink remote start [he has a is] that i have to send out my ecu to get power wire run out of it is this true ???
Old 11-07-04, 08:14 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The remote start for the IS is entirely different than a GS. I have not heard anything about removing your ECU... If you have concerns, please call LMW as they can tell you better than I can about the install.
Old 11-07-04, 10:04 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

The remote start for the IS is entirely different than a GS. I have not heard anything about removing your ECU... If you have concerns, please call LMW as they can tell you better than I can about the install.
thanks ken 1 more question i promise the silver protection shock sensor works if somebody bumps my car it will sound the alarm right ????
Old 11-07-04, 11:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by lexusondubs
thanks ken 1 more question i promise the silver protection shock sensor works if somebody bumps my car it will sound the alarm right ????
you can always adjust the sensitivity of the alarm. we tried it out on my car extensively. it could be so sentive that if you hit the car with your finger and the alarm goes off already. or like what i have now, you have to use your fist to lightly hit the window and it will go off (well, first with a warning)

and yeah, at least with the GS, they didn't have to remove the ecu at all
Old 11-08-04, 01:39 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by rominl
you can always adjust the sensitivity of the alarm. we tried it out on my car extensively. it could be so sentive that if you hit the car with your finger and the alarm goes off already. or like what i have now, you have to use your fist to lightly hit the window and it will go off (well, first with a warning)

and yeah, at least with the GS, they didn't have to remove the ecu at all
thanks rom iam in for this hopefully they will have a combo for the remote start and the shock sensor .. hint hint
Old 11-08-04, 08:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks rom iam in for this hopefully they will have a combo for the remote start and the shock sensor .. hint hint
haha, christmas is close isn't it
Old 11-12-04, 11:46 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GB WILL happen next week (11-08-2004). I was just there over the weekend and all the wiring harnesses are finally done (built by hand). They were also waiting for the the shipment of DEI alarm sensors to come in.

angelslex: Let me clarify something here..... The remote start & alarm is not to compete with an aftermarket alarm. It's an add on to the factory alarm and wiring. Many people don't want installers ripping their car apart to have an aftermarket alarm system (with a huge amount of wires) put in. Another issue is the extra remote. Some people don't want that on their key chain. In regards to range, it's not Luxury Motorworks fault that the range sucks on Lexus cars. That's a Lexus issue, not LMW. Aftermarket alarms have their own frequency which is much stronger. But, why do you need to do a remote start from a 1000 ft away? Many times a remote start is done either from inside of the house or as you are walking towards the car...Finally, I will be suprised to see a viper/Apine alarm "installed" for $399. Most audio shops charge an addtional 4 hours labor for install on a Lexus vehicle. So depending on labor rates, you might as well add another $200 bucks.

Here's my point... If anyone wants all the bells and whistles for an alarm, then you will need to buy the Viper or Alpine alarm and have it installed by a professional. They are the big-boys in car alarms for protection and features. However, If you just want some added security to your factory alarm, or want a remote start using your factory key, buy the LMW products.
Any update?
Old 11-13-04, 12:35 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RayGS3
Any update?
Sorry guys, there was a little confusion whether or not the GB was going to be for all Lexus model cars or just the GS. Everything has been worked out and you should see a posting starting this weekend... Starting with the GS cars first. Thanks

Ken

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 11-13-04 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-13-04, 04:57 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Everyone, the GB has started in the vendor section... For all GS owners, you have 1 week to make your purchase at this special GB rate. Once the week is over, LMW will then be moving on to another Lexus Model. Please read the GB thread carefully. All orders are through PM, all questions will be answered in the thread. Thanks guys...

LINK: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=140490
Old 11-13-04, 05:30 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Everyone, the GB has started in the vendor section... For all GS owners, you have 1 week to make your purchase at this special GB rate. Once the week is over, LMW will then be moving on to another Lexus Model. Please read the GB thread carefully. All orders are through PM, all questions will be answered in the thread. Thanks guys...

thanks ken but i think you should start a new thread !!! for more exposure
Old 11-13-04, 06:13 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

thanks ken but i think you should start a new thread !!! for more exposure
haha... No way man.. this thread has over 4000 views and over a 100 replies. Lets keep this thread going until after the GB is over.
Old 11-24-04, 11:58 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello GS members!!!

Just to let everyone know...

We will be extending the Special GB prices until 12/3/04 - Due to popular demand.

Although the thread is currently locked - we will have it re-opened ASAP.

Please follow the link below for further info and updates.

Thank You

Joe Z

Last edited by Luxury Motorworks; 11-25-04 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-25-04, 12:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the post is reopened already
Old 11-25-04, 02:36 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Guys, they re-opened the GB do to the overwhelming demand of the Lux-Link products... Take advantage of it while you can before they move on to the next GB for the Lexus IS/SC models... Thanks

Ken
GS Forum Moderator