GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Product Review: LuxLink Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-04, 03:20 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up New Product Review: LuxLink Remote Start

How many of you guys live in an area where it gets up to a blistering 95+ deg. outside or where it get's down to chilling 30 degree's? Remember those days when you sit on hot leather and it burns the hell out of ya or those wonderful mornings where it's so cold that you can't even get comfortable to drive. For you Turbo and Supercharged guys, you know how important it is to have a fully warmed engine before stomping on the gas. Well, I came across a company that has a solution to this problem. The company is called Luxury Motor Works and they have created a device/wiring harness called the LuxLink Engine Remote Start for the GS/IS/LS/SC models. Some of you guys may have heard of them in the SC430 forum. They were the first to create a wiring harness for the SC430 that raises and lowers the hard top using the stock Lexus key. Now they have engineered a remote start using our STOCK LEXUS KEY. Furthermore, they are developing a 2 stage alarm (Shock & Radar) using our factory alarm system.

The company has been around for about 3 years and is located in So. Cal. The owner, Steven Larkin is a Lexus Master Mechanic for over 10 years now and has 4 other employees certified and trained under him. One more Lexus Master Mechanic will be starting there in a week or so. They do just about everything a Lexus dealership would do but they also install all aftermarket parts for our cars including S.C.'s and Turbo setups. The shop carries 3 lifts, a hunter alignment machine and a full blown metal machine workshop to fabricate parts.

Currently, I've had the remote engine start on my car for over a week now (at least 20 remote starts so far), and it has not failed me once. It really is a nice little toy for our car. I couldn't have asked for a better time to have it installed due to the 90+ deg. weather we are having out here in CA. Basically, I use my remote to start the car from inside the house and let the car interior cool down with the AC on. Once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to operate. Here is the basic rundown: Press your remote LOCK button 3 times within 4 sec to start the car or Press the LOCK button 3 times and the UNLOCK button once in 4 sec to start the car and unlock your door. IF you started your car with the remote and decide you want to shut the car off, just put your key in the door and turn it to the left to shut down the car from the outside. When inside the car, you still have to put your key in the ignition or else the car will shut down once you touch the brake. Another saftey feature is the 10 mintue shutdown. If you start your car by the remote and do nothing else, the car will shut down in 10 mintues on it's own.

Note: You will have to give up a valet key or a master key in order for the device to work. The device needs to reconize the chip inside the key before it will start from the remote. The key is mounted in a black box somewhere under the dash. Purchase of this remote start will come with a video of a step by step process on how to install. Installation should not take more than 2 hours after watching the video... The PIC below is what the wiring harness will look like.

As of right now, I'm working on getting them to become a Club Lexus Vendor. It's still pending until further meetings with myself and admin. The current price of the remote start is $299 however, let's hope we can get them on the team so we can get better vendor pricing. They currently have worked out a deal on IS300.net or let's hope we can get them too. Feel free to add any comments or concerns you may have... Thanks

LUXURY MOTOR WORKS IS NOW A VENDOR... PLS STAY TUNED FOR A GROUP BUY!

LXOGOOD
GS Moderator....
Attached Thumbnails New Product Review: LuxLink Remote Start-lux001-r.jpg  

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 08-14-04 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-11-04, 08:49 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Cool beans. If the price is right, this could be a very nice cheaper alternative to the mega-expensive alarm systems out there (like my overkill, way-too-expensive Clifford 900).
Old 07-11-04, 09:16 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Cool beans. If the price is right, this could be a very nice cheaper alternative to the mega-expensive alarm systems out there (like my overkill, way-too-expensive Clifford 900).
Also alot less wires...
Old 07-11-04, 10:01 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Ken: i'm so glad you found something so coool like this. I cant stand the heat.. If you can get these guys to become CL vendors and they can offer us a group buy discoutn.. I'll be the first one to jump to it. I'm keeping my finger cross. EVen though if they dont become a CL vendor and not offering us a hook up price.. 299.00 is still a very good price, comparing to some expensive fancy alarms out there. By the way does this system also act like an alarm or it just acts like a remote start?

Tommy
Old 07-11-04, 10:31 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Tommy, the remote start is a stand alone system. However, in about 6 weeks they should have the LuxLink dual stage alarm ready for our cars. It will plug into our factory alarms. I will also write a review on that system too.
Old 07-11-04, 10:43 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

coool.. I"ll be waiting. Keep me updated Ken.

Tom
Old 07-11-04, 10:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

that's awesome lxogood, i can't wait!
Old 07-12-04, 07:56 AM
alister
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like the majority of the wiring is plug-n-play. I did see a few you probably have to run and connect but the less is better. Are they figuring the average tinkering shop guy can install this or is professional installation needed?

ken
Old 07-12-04, 09:39 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in

good looking out LXOGOOD

i wanted something like this ...that would work with the lexus key
Old 07-12-04, 10:21 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds great Ken. Looking forward to the alarm update.
Old 07-12-04, 10:39 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The only way to turn it off is to put the key in the door? Can you turn it off from the keypad? CAn you still roll down the window with the key? After you start the car with the key the rest of key operations still work like locking and unlocking doors with the car started? Will they have a package deal in a month with the shock and radar sensors?
Old 07-12-04, 01:12 PM
04GS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does this affect the actual ignition switch? if you remote start, then get in you have to put the key in, but do you have to turn the key even though it's already running?
Old 07-12-04, 04:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by 04GS300
how does this affect the actual ignition switch? if you remote start, then get in you have to put the key in, but do you have to turn the key even though it's already running?
turn it to on position

and actually if you turn the key to off the car will turn off. what lxogood was saying is that if you start your car but decides to shut it down without getting into the car, justput the key in and lock the door, it will shut the car off
Old 07-12-04, 05:00 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GammaLex
The only way to turn it off is to put the key in the door? Can you turn it off from the keypad? CAn you still roll down the window with the key? After you start the car with the key the rest of key operations still work like locking and unlocking doors with the car started? Will they have a package deal in a month with the shock and radar sensors?
Gamma, you can not turn off the car from your key remote. You either have to have your key in the ignition and turn it to the off position just like normal, or put your foot on the brake before you put the key in the ignition or finally from the outside, put your key in the door and turn it to the left. All my car functions have not changed and I still can roll down my windows with the remote and roll them up with the key in the door. As for a package deal, I can not guarantee anything until they become an approved vendor. But lets just say that I'm working really hard to get them on the team.

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 08-14-04 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-12-04, 05:03 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by alister
It looks like the majority of the wiring is plug-n-play. I did see a few you probably have to run and connect but the less is better. Are they figuring the average tinkering shop guy can install this or is professional installation needed?

ken
Alister: Yes, the majority of the work is plug and play with some simple wires to tap into. The video that will come with the purchase will show a step by step guide on what panels to remove and what wires to tap into. I'm sure the average guy can do the install after watching the video. Should not take more than a couple of hours.

Quick Reply: New Product Review: LuxLink Remote Start