GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Product Review: LuxLink Dual Stage Alarm (Coming Soon) Update!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-04, 05:26 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Product Review: LuxLink Dual Stage Alarm (Coming Soon)

Guys, I have an appt on Sat (7-17-04) at Luxury Motor Works to have their new dual stage alarm installed. The alarm has both Shock and Radar sensors. As I hinted before, this alarm will be programmed to work with your FACTORY ALARM SYSTEM which means there will not be millions of wires running throughout the car. Our stock Lexus Key will work like normal, arming and dis-arming the alarm.

Unlike the remote start, this alarm will be a little more complicated so please hang tight while we do the testing on the alarm and I get to play with it for at least several weeks. Several tests will be performed to make sure this is a high quality alarm which doesn't give off false alarms and what not. During the install, they will also be filming the "step by step" video which will be included in the purchase of the alarm. Finally, the making of alarm takes a lot longer than the remote start, so the intial production run may take 4-6 weeks before they actually start shipping the alarm out. So start saving your money!!!

I'm closing this thread until my full review of the alarm. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns. Like always, my review will be honest and straight to the point. If I don't like the alarm or it's features, you guys will KNOW.... Thanks

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 08-14-04 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-18-04, 04:15 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update!!!

OKay guys, Luxury Motor Works did the install on the alarm and everything was straight forward. Installation time was around an hour. This dual stage alarm add-on will be a great addition to the factory alarm. As of right now, we had the alarm removed from the car and sent back to an electronics company for some minor tuning to the microprocessor chip. The issue we had was the warning honk the radar gave off. It was too long in duration (half a second) and we want to bring that down to like a (12th of a sec. or so). Basically, you want a short beep when you're too close to the car. Everything else worked like a charm so the chip will be sent out this Monday and worked on. We will also be integrating a valet switch to turn off the alarm so it doesn't become a headache when washing your car. This will be something new and should be no problem to do. I'll keep you guys posted next week with the results of the alarm.