GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lowenhart Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-01, 08:19 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a sad thing....Knock-offs are REALLY PATHETIC. And the people who buy them are even worse. If you can't afford real LD1's, then buy something you can afford. Buying knock-off is pretty sad.

Check out the following website to see how PATHETIC Katana's are...nothing but knock-offs...and Katana is owned by Giovanna (another pathetic company)...

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/Katana/katana.htm

From the top, left to right...

Racing Hard M5, Racing Hard M6
LowenHart LD1, BIM Creative Zeit
Yokohama AVS Model 7, CTOTNOTTOMH
Racing Hard C5, AME ModelArt
CTOTNOTTOMH, Weds Kranze Shoki (though not EXACT)

*Can't Think Of The Name Of The Top Of My Head

What's really sad is that the wheels that are suppose to be 3 piece are actually just one piece but they still make it (fake it) look like it's a 3 piece...

Any Lexus owners that buys this garbage doesn't deserve a Lexus...I wouldn't even give them a Honda...they deserve a Neon or a Hyundai Excel.
Old 04-11-01, 10:15 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey I got the giovanna rio's on my car and they have been pretty good rims so far no trouble at all yes they do have alot of knock off's but the rio's are original and the build quality is pretty good IMO
Old 04-11-01, 10:27 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

I think the one next to the Model 7 wannabe is suppose to be the Volk Racing F-Zero Daytona Speed but then they can't fake the tabs inside the wheels so they had to end up without the tabs and they dont' look unique anymore.

Doesn't someone on ClubLexus with a SC have Konig Monsoons?
Old 04-12-01, 01:56 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Biggie27: Actually, the Rio's are knock off's. The originals are ABC Exclusives (I think that's the name). Insurance (a body kit manufacturer in Japan) also sells the rim under their name (Outrigger is what they call it, I can't remember if their is made by ABC Exclusive's or if it's made by someone else like Club Linea, who makes their other rim, the Caiser). However, that style rim is a pretty obscure one in Japan (I rarely see them on cars in the multitude of Japanese VIP mags I've seen) so a lot of people think it's Giovanna's original design.

GlobeCLK: You hit the nail on the head! I've seen some other knock-offs with the extra lip behind the spokes though. I guess Katana/Giovanna just got lazy!

Going back to Giovanna, it's really sad to look at their lineup...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Barletta - Ok, this one, I haven't seen from anyone else. But it's ugly anyways, so who cares!

Bristol - Niche Geffel knock off. Though Niche isn't a brand I'd slap on my car, the Geffel is their design.

Corsica - AME ModelArt.

Geneva - Rays/Volk Racing F-Zero Winning

Madrid - I can't think of the name but these are ugly anyhow.

MAE - This one is confusing. The original design is by MAE (Germany)...I don't know if Giovanna licensed the design or if MAE owns any part of Giovanna (or whole, or maybe it's the other way around)...I figure Giovanna made the rim, MAE sued, Giovanna pays royalty. Anyone know for sure?

Maranello - Antera (can't recall the number). Ugly though.

Osaka - I don't know the original designer of this one. There are tons of similiar rims.

Rio - covered above.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

As you can see, Giovanna is not some company to be proud of. Even if they did make some original rims, I have a feeling they would be ugly and chrome (I don't think they know how to make anything else!)

The sad part is that they also own Katana who makes nothing but knock-offs also.

Anyways, Biggie (and to others that own Giovanna), nothing personal, it's just that I see Giovanna as no better then some no-name Chinese watch manufacturer that makes Rolex knock-offs...of course, there are people out who wear them because they *think* it's real...that's one thing. But to KNOW it's a fake and still floss it like it's real is whole different ball game...

I remember seeing this one guy at the car wash who had "Concept Fives" and I asked him how much he paid for it, he said $2300 with tires (I about passed out). I then told him he paid WAY too much because those are just knock-offs of the RacingHart C5's and they they should have cost less than $1000...he got VERY BITTER...but not at me, but at the shop that sold it to him (he actually thanked me for letting him know about that)...I think he went back to the shop and took care of business (he was a big guy!).

Like I said, NOT knowing is one thing...This guy obviously had money to buy the real things HAD he known. At least he didn't buy them because he wanted C5's but couldn't afford them so he bought knock-offs too just fake it...

Anytime you want to compare QUALTY, put a RacingHart/LowenHart rim right next to the Katana/Giovanna knock-off and just look. Of course, chrome HIDES build quality so you have to compare silver to silver (hmmm, wonder why Giovanna's rims are all chromed? I'm surprise all the Katana's aren't!)
Old 04-12-01, 02:28 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray

Osaka - I don't know the original designer of this one. There are tons of similiar rims.

I think those Osakas are ClubLinea knock-offs. ClubLinea is the first to come with that radial spoke design (even the same 14 spokes!)

Anytime you want to compare QUALTY, put a RacingHart/LowenHart rim right next to the Katana/Giovanna knock-off and just look. Of course, chrome HIDES build quality so you have to compare silver to silver (hmmm, wonder why Giovanna's rims are all chromed? I'm surprise all the Katana's aren't!)
well said. Just by looking at the picture of the Katana wheels I can see that they look cheap. That really sucks.

HEY! is Team 5Zigen the same as 5ZR? I was checking this link:

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/5zigen/5zigen.html

and found out that those fake TE37s and Advan RGs are under this brand. wtf?!?

We got nothing against you biggie, wheels are very "personal taste oriented", and we all respect your wheels. It's just that on a Lexus, knocks should not be permitted. (again, nothing against you, those Rio designs ARE pretty rare, and I didn't even know they're ABC or ABCD or whatever )

It's only if you know about the LowenHart LD1s and got those cheap Diablo Racing Wheels, then u need to get some slaps in the head

oh yeah, owner of Giovanna needs some slaps too.
...........along with Konig, Nippon Racing, Arospeed, ADR, etc....

~~slap ~ slap ~ slap~~
Old 04-12-01, 07:34 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy MANARAY

Why do you continuously Slap everyone around who doesn't go and WASTE $4-$6,000 on wheels?

Personally, I would prefer to get a solid quality wheel that looks good like the Zenetti Mystik or Vega wheel and put the rest of my money into the stock market and not just waster it on wheels.

You keep saying that ADR,Giovanna etc wheels are not good quality. I completely disagree!!
They may not be AS GOOD Quality wise as the forged multi piece wheels that you seem to drool over but they are still solid aulity and don't just fall apart.

The Zenetti for one, are actually good quality and really nice looking. Ask Mean Gene, he'll speak to their quality and strength.

STOP putting others down b/c they either don't have the $$$ to WASTE on Wheels or just don't want to Spend the $$$ even if they do have it!!!

Ted
Old 04-12-01, 10:12 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

GlobeCLK: re: 5zigen...hmmm, I don't know what the deal is with that!

I don't continuously slap everyone for not buying $4000-$6000 wheels. I just slap people who buy GARBAGE at any price. 20" Giovannas can cost upwards of $4000 but that doesn't mean they're good.

As for Zenetti, I like that beat loop they have on their website! The Mystik is a Weds Kranze Cerebus knock off. The Vega is another knock off but I can't think of the name right now. Even if they were forged ONE PIECE rims, I wouldn't buy them strictly on principle.

As for quality, sure, they're not going to break while you're just driving around, but quality goes well beyond JUST strength. Quality goes into the fit and finish also. Anyone can cop out and chrome a rim to hide any problems. DESIGN also play a big part in my criticisms. Besides, CAST wheels from companies like Giovanna aren't anywhere NEAR the quality of a forged wheel, PERIOD.

How can you have respect for a company that EXCLUSIVELY does NOTHING BUT knock-off other brands? How PATHETIC is that?

As for WASTING money on rims, if you think rims are a waste of money, why are you so desperately looking for some? And why bother buying a Lexus? Why not just a Toyota? Why even a Toyota, why not a Daewood Lanos for $7900 NEW? After all, they are all JUST cars, right? YOU OWN A *****ING LEXUS for Christ sakes, not a '89 Ford Taurus! Why are you going to CHEAPEN your ride with knock off rims?

I don't put others down because they don't have money...you can buy low cost rims that are good looking and original. The RH line of wheels are low cost, but they're good quality and they have both original and LICENSED designs.

And Ted, you had a SMOKING deal on the HRE 545's in the classified section but instead, INSULTED the seller by offering him such a ridiculously low bid!

Ted, if you think buying good quality, original design wheels are a waste of money and you'd rather put it into the stock market, then why buy wheels at all? Why not just go to Pep Boys, buy some $29.99 "hubrims" and stick the rest of the money into stocks?

I mean seriously, take a look at the picture below, what the ***** is the difference between someone that buys FAKE KNOCK-OFF RIMS and someone that buys "HUBRIMS" that LOOK like fake knock-off rims? Afterall, both buyers are trying to get the look w/o having to spend the money on the real thing, right?

Ted, if you want to make your GS300 into a cheezy GS300, by all means, go right ahead...at least NOW you KNOW you're making it cheezy!
Attached Thumbnails Lowenhart Wheels?-sb.jpg  
Old 04-12-01, 11:55 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TED920: I will just have to say, if you planned on buying knockoffs and putting your savings in the stock market, then you should have bought a Ford and put some more money in that savings account.

MANARAY--Preach on, dogg, let them know that if you are rollin 20's, on a GS, or any type of Lexus, you better get the right brand---in quality, durability, and original style. You have a car that people drule over, so why put some cheap *** rims on it so that they can dogg you out!!!! You better back up the money that you spent with the top of the line aftermarket parts!!!!!

That's all I gotta say about that!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
98 GS400--Cinnabar Pearl
20 inch Chrome Lowenhart LD1's--8.5 front and 10 rear
Nitto NT555's---245/35 front and 275/30 rear
H&R drop
Pioneer AVX P7000CD
Pioneer AVM P8000R
Pioneer GEX P7000TV
Pioneer in-dash 6 disc CD Changer
Playstation2
More to come.............
Old 04-12-01, 02:33 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

I dunno people, I think you should buy your rims that you like because YOU are going to see your car everyday and YOU are going to feel guilty if you buy rims on what OTHER people like. Its your money do whatever you to do with it. Two of my friends bought LD1's and my best friend bought some Volk wheels. Some of my friends have the same type of taste as Manaray.. thats fine but they find also arelli, & SOME giovianna rims hot!

Personally Katana are nasty (I hate knockoff rims), BUT rims that are original design but chome I like. I have an original design but I would never buy a knockoff product, but an original design depends on taste. Even though some of my friends don't certain type of chrome, they like my wheels because of the style. Heck, I had 18 inch BR5 a year ago and got bored of the design, so I chose a rim that satisfies me. I haven't recieved any negative feedback. Everytime I bring my car to either Lexus dealers in Manhatten or Brooklyn, all the staff who sees my rims love it. They even took pictures of it.

I really doubt if you buy giovanna's, lexani, arelli, mht etc that people going to say "ewww this guy has a CHESSY car". I know this guy around my area who owns an italian restuarant (mafia) and I know him since I was a kid, he has a GS400 with 20 inch giovanna (forgot what the name was). He could EASILY bought like $9000 rims . He has a porshe/viper/benz, you name it. I asked him last summer about different kinds of rims. He said he like Lowenhart BUT he likes the style of Giovanna's better.

Also, I saw on MTV a few months ago, stars like the backstreet boys, (I hate them tho) , also showing scenes of Tupac and Puff Daddy, with ALL 20 inch rims, there were some lowenharts, volks, but ALOT more of arelli, giovanna's. Does that mean all their cars are cheesy? Does it mean they don't know what style is? You go to any Hollwood gathering or even Dubs Magazine, and 99% of the wheels are chrome. Ferrari;s , Lamborguinis, Porshes all CHROME.

Damn, I'm getting tired

Thats what I think. peace.

Last edited by D-MAN63; 04-12-01 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-12-01, 03:58 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

ap0718 - Thanks for the kind words!

Dieselman63 - As far as rim designs go, that is, of course, a personal thing. I don't dis others because I don't like the STYLE of the rim...and there are a few rims in CHROME that I actually like. It just bothers me people get chrome JUST to make their cheap-*** rims look more "expensive".

Now I'm not some style expert or anything. I just post my opinions...what I do have working for me is that I've been in the whole import car industry from almost it's inception. I've seen styles and trends come and go both here and in Japan. Nothing beats class and elegance. ESPECIALLY when you're talking about Luxury Vehicles.

As far as Rap stars and basketball stars are concered, I think they have a VERY SKEWED sense of "style"...like I've always said, just because you have money doesn't mean you have style.

Everything on MTV and everything RAP is all about BLING-BLING (except the true underground hip hop,which I have a lot of respect for). OF COURSE all the "bling-bling" rappers are going to have chrome everything. They're all about showing off. Arelli, Giovannas and other of that ilk are all about SHOWING OFF. Get as MUCH chrome visible as possible. Make the rims STICK OUT SO MUCH (like a SORE THUMB) that it's the only thing you really notice! DUB is showcase for cheezball rims. Look at the first issue. Lexani "sponsored" the first issue which is why all those guys have Lexani rims in the photo shots. Of course, not EVERYTHING is DUB is cheezy. But the majority of the crap I see in there is just that...crap.

And any SCHMUCK with money can buy a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc. and slap 22" chrome ANYTHINGs on there. If my local Steak house made rims, 20" with lotsa chrome, I bet they would sell too! But do these "rappers" and "basketball stars" know style? I don't think so. Look at the way they dress. Look at the nasty jewelery they wear. It's all cheezy. What's even WORSE are the kids that follow this "bling-bling" trend when their family is living on welfare (on my *****in' tax dollars).

So when I see people driving around that OBVIOUSLY don't know **** (they buy knock-off rims, chromed, wrong size tires, wrong offset, not even lowered), I just laugh. And of course, they're listening to whatever "Top 40 Hip Hop" song is being overplayed to death the local radio station. And it's not just me laughing...I have friends who aren't into cars in the least and even THEY can pick out the losers. Even they agree, if you're going to fix up your car, DO IT RIGHT. Don't half-*** it. This is from people that drive stock cars.

If you're going to drive a car like a Lexus, you should NOT have to stoop down and buy knock-off rims. Otherwise, you shouldn't be buying a Lexus. Buy a Toyota, buy a Honda...

If you own a Lexus (unless it's a '90 ES250 or something), you shouldn't be complaing about $4000 rims. Do you put a $50 Simmons scope on a $10,000 HK PSG-1 sniper rifle? Do you buy a $79 "Sale Special" VCR with your $20,000 50" Pioneer Hi-Def Plasma display? Do you buy a $10 million dollar estate and then go to IKEA for furniture?

Last edited by Manaray; 04-12-01 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-12-01, 04:20 PM
gs430ondubz
Driver

dam, i think manaray is spittin madd lyrics. i totally agree with what he is saying. be true to the lexus heritage and dont lessen the meaning of elegance with cheap knock offs. thats just my 2 cents.

Old 04-12-01, 08:15 PM
ap0718
Lead Lap

All I have to say is that hoes like these will only see a bunch of chrome spinning, but it will be the guys on the side (pictured on right) that will be admiring the $6000 wheels and the $50,000 car to match it---that he can only one day dream about getting. If you are ready to flaunt your Lex--so people think you got money--the last thing you want to do is to get some knock-offs that *****s up the whole image of your phat *** ride. Manaray knows what's going on!!!! You are writing exactly what i'm thinking.

But here is a pic for all the knock-offs to drule over.
Cinnabar Pearl GS400, 20 inch Chrome Lowenhart LD1's (20x8.5 in the front and 20x10 in the rear) with Nitto NT555's (245/35 in the front and 275/30 in the rear), H&R drop, Pioneer 7 inch Tv, Tv tuner, DVD...and more to come!!!! You can't play when you rollin on a GS4 with dubs---can't buy the cheap ***** cause after driving this car, cheap ***** no longer exists!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Lowenhart Wheels?-lexhoes.jpg  
Old 04-12-01, 09:03 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hey! Get them off of there! They're scratching the paint and denting the hood!

AP, I must say, I do like the picture you posted over the one I posted!

Man, I miss Spring Break...Lake Havasu, Palm Springs, Mexico, the Carribean...damn! Starting next year, I'm going again! Screw work!

AP, it's funny that you say the other guys only dream about having a nice ride the GS (esp. on 20's!)...My homie and I pulled up his brand new Porsche 911 (996) that's fully hooked up with the full Champion Motorsports body kit, 19" HRE 540's (and a bunch of other ****!) to a BBQ that a mutual friend of ours was throwing...

When we got there, everyone was kickin' it outside on the lawn...there were some people there neither one of us knew...once we started mingling, a few guys came up and complimented his car and we started chattin' about the car (and cars in general)...a few other guys at the party just gave us dirty looks w/o even meeting us!

It was HILARIOUS. Of course, all the girls were jockin' the ride, as always...I swear, this *****er gets more fine women then should be legal...I guess when you're a friggin' millionaire at age 28 (without your parents help and without that "rich kid attitude") and you can sport fat rides, it's gotta be easier! That MF is a cool head though. Never let's his homies down in any situation...

It's just funny, whenever you pull up somewhere in a hooked up ride, the guys there become VERY polar. They either want to be your friend or they hate you. No in between....you know what I mean?

Last edited by Manaray; 04-13-01 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-13-01, 08:59 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Manaray, you catch more hell on this sight than anyone!!! As you know from the LS forum I'm looking for wheels and we had talked about my budget and wheels that I was interested in...the LD1's we're #1 on my list but I didnt have that kind of budget...I initially looked at the knock-offs (diablo racing, katana)...because I DIDNT KNOW....now I know and couldn't spend money on fake wheels...why would I want to have wheels on my lex that I knew were just FAKE...not to say that some of the other wheels around don't look good but once I know that something is just trying to look the same as something better...no way...so I'll save a bit more and have the real deal...that is the best thing about this sight...people that have extensive knowledge and are willing to share with the others...before I checked out this sight I had no idea about wheels, springs, TC's, body kits...nothing...so thanks to everyone that has put in their 2 cents...

manaray, tell everyone what you think...if they don't like it, I've got a honda for sale!!!!

ap0718, nice ride...keep those girls off your car!!
Old 04-13-01, 01:34 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

MANARAY,
You do catch a lot of slack for all your opinions!! I can't speak for everyone here, but I personally value your ideas. You've helped me A LOT in looking/choosing a rim!! If anyone doesn't like what you're saying, tell them to *&$^ OFF!! HAHAHA

AP0718,
INCREDIBLE RIDE!!... I hope my GS looks that tight when I'm done with it!! Do you have any more pics of your car?? I'd like to see some more pics of the rims and of the system if you have um... Keep pimpin....

--JJ--
Platinum 2G GS4

Quick Reply: Lowenhart Wheels?