GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lowenhart Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-01, 05:40 PM
Y2K1GS4

Default Tomorrow...

Gonna get my BR-5 "bling bling" Chromies in the morning...can't wait, BTW I'm selling my current wheels which are Racing Hart M6's...hopefully got a local who want's em for his stang (lookin for atleast 2250.00 for 18X8.5 and 18.10's)
Old 04-13-01, 05:57 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zushwa, LexDriver18, ap0718, gs430ondubz and other, thanks for your support! I'm glad to see that I'm not just "wasting my time" trying to help Lexus owners from having their rides show up on www.beaterz.com!

I think I catch a lot of slack because I don't hold back. I'm not afraid to offend anyone (obviously!) or criticze them nor am I afraid to take criticism. This seems to really bother some people...but some people take this criticsm WAY too personally. If they want to get all defensive about it, then ***** them, I don't really give a rat's ***...

However a LOT of people here have been open to learning more about the "import" market...more about the various things you can do their Lexo's...more about what cool and what's not...

Luckily, for the "newbies', there are some VERY knowlegable people here. GS4Will, GlobeCLK, Percy, JBrady, VeilsideRSPsc, Sasha, Harrier, and many others (I apologize if I left anyone out!). With all these people here, it makes Club Lexus a truly awesome resource for the Lexus owner. I'm sure a lot of other users have learned a LOT here and been quite surprise by the sheer volume of mods you can do to your Lexus!

...and Contrary to what SOME people may believe, I actually like to help people out rather than rip on them about things like knock-off rims or cheezy mods. I just can't understand how someone who has enough taste to buy a Lexus doesn't have enough taste to buy OG rims instead of cheezy, low quality, cheap knock-offs.

Like Zushwa said...save your money and GET THE REAL DEAL...and check ou the CLASSIFIED section of Club Lexus. You'll find some good deals in there!

Last edited by Manaray; 04-14-01 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-14-01, 07:52 AM
hjenliu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

manaray:

What do you think of the l-tuned wheel package? Are they a good buy?

Old 04-14-01, 11:10 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think you can get the wheels by themselves. Even still, I think the Salina is a nice looking wheel and even in 18" it looks good on the GS. But personally, I would go with a aftermarket rim just because I know the chances of someone else having them isn't as likely...and it'll look more "custom" rather than "factory".
Old 04-14-01, 06:21 PM
hjenliu
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the reply.

What kind of rims (18") would you recommend for budget around 3500?

Thanks,
Old 04-14-01, 10:19 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb what flavor do you like?

since manaray is taking a break, i will step up the plate.

is $3800 just for rims? or with tyres?

either way, it is a very good size budget. do you like dish, spoke, or mesh? take a good look at :

www.gtautosport.com, the site has one of the most extensive wheel selection available. pick out a couple choices, and we will throw in our opinions. personally, this is what i like on brands:

WEDS(kranze), WORK(equip., euroline), VOLK, YOKOHAMA, BRIDGESTONE. LOWENHART, MANARAY-THE WHEEL....

something in a silver, or diamond cut finish, with polished deep rim that will make your gs presence felt as you arrive
Old 04-15-01, 07:16 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

That pic with the cinnabar pearl GS with the lexhoes on the hood.... I just have one question... how did you get them on there without having them dent your hood? Someone just barely leaned on my hood and there is a permanent dent on the front and it is definitely more noticeable now that I just zainoed my car out... the extra gloss kinda accentuates the imperfections in the surface!... anyway, bout rims... i havent found any that really interest me yet...
Old 04-15-01, 10:54 AM
hjenliu
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for you reply.

My budget is with tires if possible. I really like Kranze Shoki but couldn't find it at gtautosport. Do you know where i can more info?

Thanks,
Old 04-15-01, 11:21 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb try this

H,

www.weds.co.jp
Old 04-15-01, 11:24 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Default call rodney

H,

call Rodney at maswheelhouse in san fran, 650-869-6800 and tell him CHO from la send you. he is very COOL and has tons of stuff for lex
Old 04-15-01, 11:37 AM
hjenliu
Driver School Candidate

I will give him a call sometime next week.

Thanks,
Old 04-16-01, 04:59 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hey, when you get a price, post it here...I'm just curious to see what kinda prices they can do...thanks
Old 04-16-01, 07:44 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Eh, I was just reading a few posts back and you asked me which rims to get for $3500...

Well let's take off $800 just for tires (Brigestone Potenza RE730 sell for $201 each from TireRack)...that leaves $2700...or $625/rim.

You can get some decent rims for $625 but you have to determine if you want one piece, two piece, three piece, what finish you want, and what style you want. There are WAY to many rims for me to make a list because I don't know exactly what you're looking for...

Narrow down the parameters for me and I'll give you some option as far as what I would put on your car if it were mine...

Old 04-16-01, 08:21 PM
hjenliu
Driver School Candidate

manaray:

Thank you for the reply.

I am very new to this rims stuff. Could you please explain to me what's the difference between one piece, two piece and three piece.

I really like Kranze Shoki.

Thanks,
Old 04-16-01, 08:30 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

I'm new to this "rim" stuff too and to save manaray some typing there is some very good info in the LS forum about this very subject...I think it's under the "AutoCouture's New LS Body Kits (LS430 & 400)" thread..

good luck!

Quick Reply: Lowenhart Wheels?