GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Online Lexus Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-01, 08:49 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone with experience purchasing their Lexus online? CarsDirect.com seem to have pretty fair prices. What are the disadvantages?
Old 04-09-01, 10:44 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tried once

i tried the on-line route once, and that was it.

later on, an assistant manager and a fleet manager all told me that when it comes to buying cars, there is nothing beats the old fashion way-money on hand and ready in person. or, i my case, work with a manager who knows you for many years. over the phone, nice, smooth and easy. tell him/her how much i want to pay and if it's "DOABLE", i will be there in 30 minutes to sign the papers.
Old 04-10-01, 07:19 AM
RacingAristo

Usually online car price is lower than the dealer's price. That's why I printed out the MSRP, invoice, suggested price and took it to the dealer see if they would pricematch it. The dealer not only pricematch but also beat the online price.
Old 04-10-01, 01:25 PM
LexusLady
Pole Position

RacingAristo:

My hubby and I did the same thing. We printed out all the price info from Edmunds, CarPoint and another one I can't remember, along with the KBB trade-in prices for my Sienna, and went along to the dealer. The gave us the KBB on my Sienna, and beat Edmunds TMV price!!!

C.
Old 04-10-01, 02:06 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LexusLady
trade-in prices for my Sienna, and went along to the dealer. The gave us the KBB on my Sienna,
LexusLady,

So you traded in your Sienna for the GS4, not a bad swap. Well, when we got new cars last year, I made my wife drive the Sienna and I got the GS4.
Old 04-10-01, 02:14 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Smile I have a dealer for you

GSDreamer,

As RA and LL stated, do your homework and bring the material into the dealership. Since you're in Oceanside, have I got a dealer for you. Head over to Lexus Mission Viejo and see the internet sales dept of Ted Smith and company. Great bunch of folks, and best pricing. Tell them I sent you. I also know the GM, service director, and owner there.

A good thing about buying a Lexus from the right dealership is the after sales service. The people know you as their customer and treat you very well. I know the Lexus MV staff would.
Old 04-10-01, 04:41 PM
RacingAristo

In fact, I purchased my GS430 with price lower than carsdirect.com and traded in my ES300 2000 dollars more than KBB's price. It was if not the best deal. Consider I bought GS430 very early. It was the second one in my dealer. The manager took the first one.

I don't know where oceanside is but if you are interested in my dealer, feel free to email me. RacingAristo@clublexus.com
Old 04-10-01, 05:29 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb timing is everything

if you bought the gs430 when it first came out, like RA did, and you had the dealer beat the demunds tmv price, then it is a very good deal.

however, we are now in the second half of the model year, and some online sites still have not adj. the price accordingly. once again, it all depend on what "flavor" youlike your gs. edmunds tmv still reflect a gs430 w/premium pkg at ~$2000 over invoice. in reality, you can get them easily one at $1000 over invoice.

speaking solely from my experience earlier this year, through the help of one of our longtime member, JIM of carlsbad, CA, i called mission viejo's fleet manager for a fully loaded gs430(NAV, ML), it turned out that a gs equipped as such is really valuable over there, and they did not have one for me. even if they did,i would be expected to pay close to sticker. in comparison, longo's fleet quoted me a very attractive price.

again, i am speaking this from my exp., and i wish you good luck.
Old 04-10-01, 06:54 PM
Lakerholic

I agree with QBranchCars -

My family has leased 3 Lexus' from Lexus Mission Viejo and they are hands-down the best Lexus dealer in So. Cal. My fiance just leased a 01 RX300 and my sister just leased an 01 IS300, both at $25-$50 less a month than any other dealer in town, and will a lot less haggling.

My dad also knows the GM and the owner - you won't have any problems getting the best deal there.

Good luck - let me know if I can be of any more help to you.

FYI - they are the only dealers in town dealing on the SC430 - I'm still contemplating trading my GS4 for one, but I just can't do w/o the e-shift....

Old 04-10-01, 09:18 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Thanks a lot guys for the good advice. I have had my heart set on purchasing a GS430 since getting a close look at it at the auto show back in Feb. Thinking seriously of turning my 4Runner in early to avoid having to pay extra milage charges. The first and last time I will lease. I have visited all the Lexus dealerships in my area w/exception of MV and I have be impressed, no high pressure, just helpful even when I tell them it may be quite a few months before I purchase. And since they all said that they price match I'm certain I will find a good deal.
Old 04-10-01, 10:02 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Default if you like the price

i just checked carsdirect price on a gs430w/premium pkg, it is selling at $1300 over invoice. if you think that is fair, i can easily get you one for $1000 over invoice, or even more.

for the one with nav/ml pkg, it is listing at ~$3000 over invoice. if you like this one, ~$2500 over invoice.

basically, whenever you are ready
Old 04-10-01, 10:16 PM
RacingAristo

$1000 above invoice is pretty dern good.
Old 04-10-01, 10:20 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

gs4will-Thanks, I will keep that in mind when I'm ready to make the dream a reality. Like I said, I have my heart set on a GS430, but I will more than likely go w/the GS300. I'm also getting ready to close on a house which will make the GS300 closer to my budget. Also looks like the dealer in the area are offerring better deals, $1300 over invoice w/ML & Nav. Thanks again.
Old 04-10-01, 10:31 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation really

gsdreamer,

did you say the dealer in your area is offering the gs300/430 with nav+ml for $1300 over invoice? no kidding, right?

which dealer? thanks.
Old 04-10-01, 10:50 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Lexus Kerney Mesa, Jack Zarinsky said he could get me the GS300 Sil/Charcoal w/ML & Nav for $42, 700. I can't recall the exact invoice price, but isn't it around $41,500. They were only taking $2500 off MSRP on GS430s. It seems at all the dealers in the area have a large inventory of silver GS300s.

Quick Reply: Online Lexus Purchase