GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-04, 10:26 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

okay ,time for me to chime in

i am 38 semi retired from the real estate brokerage/investing business of 15 yrs .. currently work for Delta airlines part time just for the benefits (you know , the free flights all over the world). still do some real estate investing but mostly manage a semi large comm office space in new york.

i am part german from Jamaica west indies (not jamaica NY) married to a east indian from jamaica as well (hitched for 15 yrs) have 4 kids (3 girls and 1 boy , hooorray)..i am originally from all over Ny but have relocated to the fun and sun of south florida ... got real tired of those winters and snow and ice etc ..there is nothing like the the south florida atmosphere ..period.

Cars are my only passion and have been ever since i was 3 and able to collect hot weels and matchboxe cars.. my son who is 5 now has the same bug and those of you from south florida who know my boy can attest to that.. (uh ohh , i better hide the keys to the lex).. my father is a retired tech engineer from IBM of 28yrs , so i have inherited his tech skills and the burning desire to do things on my own ( guess thats were "lexforlifes garage" comes from down here).. every mod done to my gs was done by me with the hands on help of johnee78 (extremely good natured guy).. I have a passion for others and to help others whenever i can is a natural high for me .. ( but in todays times , it seems their are some who like to take peoples kindness for weakness but hey what comes around goes around , right )

i hope soon to put together a couple of dedicated guys from the south florida "commission" to open up some sort of tuning facility and car sales shop to fulfil my passion of being in the car business..

i will end on this note , to me to true meaning of success in life is to be doing what you love first and not for the love of money ..
Old 07-19-04, 10:36 AM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I guess I'll chime in and give my brief life story as it goes so far.

17 Years old, Currently a High School Senior at Second Baptist.
Born and raised in Houston, Texas.

Mother is from a small town of Pawnee, Oklahoma, Father is from Pasedena.

Always been hooked on cars since I was like 10 when I could start reading well and understand what the magazines said.

Currently have a 98 GS300, and will hopefully keep it through college and pimp it out even more with some FI....

Well, that was quick....
Old 07-19-04, 10:48 AM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this should be fun.

My name is Joel. I am single/divorced after 10 years of marriage. No worries because I am much happier being single. Only down side is not seeing my kids as much as I would like. I have a 10 year old son, and a 6 year old daughter.

I was born and raised in Washington State. Left there to join the Marines. Was stationed at El Toro in sunny CA, and have been here in OC ever since. I have worked in manufacturing and engineering in the aerospace industry, and am now doing software technical support for the sheet metal industry.

Bought my 2001 GS300 in February of 2003 as a gift to myself (putting up with a nasty 10 year marriage).
Let me just tell you I love this car. I really can't afford many mods, but I have slowly been adding to her. For those of you that have met me, you already know that I keep my car clean from top to bottom. I am always looking for new ways to make my car stand out on a budget. So far I think I am doing a good job.

Next BIG step is Tein CS coilovers and rims. Needless to say it will be a while before I am putting those on my car.

I found CL back in October of 2003 and can only say, Thank you!!!!

The group of guys and gals here are great, friendly, and always very helpful.

I will continue to come back every day to learn and chime in when I can, and also to drool over all the nice cars that reside here.

Thanks again everyone!!!!!
Old 07-19-04, 11:21 AM
jdmaristo
Driver

Hello Guyz,

Name is Vong 19, born 1984 in Fort Worth ,Texas
age of 12 moved to a small town of conroe now currently in houston ;attending the University of Houston.

Both Parents from Cambodia ....

got my gs at 16 ...worked at one of my parents restraunt to pay it off.......lol
Old 07-19-04, 12:43 PM
ikankoi
Driver

Ok, heres my life story

Im an Indonesian, currenty working as a Database Analyst/SQL Developer in a property database company in downtown Los Angeles. currently on H1B sponsorship, im still working with my company for Labor Certification that leads to greencard, in lieu of getting underpaid for the position (LOL, dont we all feel the same bout salary). i got my bachelor degree from Trisakti University Jakarta, Indonesia in civil engineering, then worked as a site engineer/civl enginer on hi-rise buliding contractor for 3 years until the economic crisis hit Asia back in 1998, and pretty much hurt all the property industry, that lead to massive lay off all over the country. lucky me i have the opportunity ot go to US for my education, so i went to Texas for master degree in IT on late 1999. graduated in late 2002, i decided to move to LA to try my luck and end up working in this company since jan 2003.

Im into car, specially car stereo. dont really care about performance, but still dreaming to have TT on my GS Im pretty much a DIYer so i do all installtion/modding by myself, if possible. obviously this site does help alot for information on our GS.

reason to get a GS? simply because i like the quad headlights, and then just realize about its reliability. and yes, im one of the mod-bug victims, thanks to yall with beautiful mods. i guess ill just work harder so i cna spend more then

Last edited by ikankoi; 07-19-04 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-19-04, 12:55 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Hameed,

I did full contact, bare knuckle fighting when I was younger. They used to say "No pads, No face, No brains" about our fighting. I did mostly Muay Thai, and boxed a couple times per week. It's all the rage now, mixed martial arts. I'm kinda old to be competing in bare knuckle now, so I don't. I could hold my own in Judo...but with only so many hours in the day, no time.

What a great cross section of people here! We seem to complement each other. With all the experiences and skills unique to each member here, I don't think there is any problem we could not tackle and fix. This is what being a club is all about....
Old 07-19-04, 01:06 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm Richard from The Netherlands. Born and raised over here.
25 years old and a bit of a car nut.
Old 07-19-04, 01:22 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Hey RRocket, let's organize a meet before the summer is over. Let me know if you have any suggestions/time for this.
Old 07-19-04, 01:27 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Wow RRocket that is truly an awesome thread you started. A great departure from the "who has the GS to beat" or "how can I get 24s to fit on my GS?" Newby threads. Thank you very much for sharing.

I'm a 25yr old native New Yorker (Brooklyn) that relocated to Mass for a promotion at work 2.5yrs ago. I am a car fanatic like most CL'ers, and I have a g/f that has a beautiful little girl. You will find that over time CL will be MUCH MUCH more than a car site. I have forged some relationships on this forum that have helped me in facets of life that have NOTHING to do with automobles. CL is truly a testament to the "Its not what you know, but who you know" mantra.

Good luck on the project, and life with your fiance.

PS- great replies from other CL'ers as well

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 07-19-04 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-19-04, 04:33 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello CL

my name is Johnny

Joined cl back in december of '03

i joined because of this one thread i think many of you know it

it was the guy that was geting the run-a-round from Iforged and he was a very patient man

in these past 7 months ive have learned so much and met some really great people

and thanks to Hotlex400 who sold me his car i was able to finally have my GS

i find myself to be on clublexus way tooo much but everyday i learn something new

and if i have a problem whether it has to do with my car or personal i know i can count

on great advice from its members.

oh and im 28 just met the most amazing woman and if your from N.J.-NY.-CONN. area come to my BBQ

on Aug 1st
Old 07-19-04, 04:51 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

ok guys.. this is cool i am gettin to know more about people on CL
here is my story
i am 21 years old.. i am currently a student at University of North Florida.. doing "pre law" ... in high school i played baseball as was nationally ranked by baseball america as the 77th best player in the country.. i then got a scholorship to play ball at south carolina.. but i eneded up gettin HURT and tore my LABRIUM in three spots.. since this injusry i had my operations and have 2 screws and a peg in my shoulder.. 6 more months and i will get to play again.. its been hard but i haev done it..
as far as my profession i am plannin on going to law school when i get done at UNF .. i am currently a junior academically and a sophmore athletically. .. i also owne a business called R&S east coast investment inc.. basically all we do is buy and sell houses , businesses, and property... i just opened this business in january with 2 partners so far the compnay has made about 50k in profits and we hope to clear 125k by the end of the year.. after that it will be easier.. the beggining is always the hardest.. .. NOw my cars.. my dad owns a used car lot.. so i get cars WHOLESALE at auctions.. needless to say i go through car QUICK.. this is my 7th car... had a 91 explorer (no mods), 91 ford bronco eddie bauer (lift kit with 33's big system and lots of chrome goodies), a 96 explorer (lowered system lots of little crap).. a 97 C5 corvette (4 12's , corsa exhaust, intake and some other goodies), a 99 expedition (20,s tvs, 6 12's, lots of neons, limo tint, billet grill, altezzas .. basically all BOLT ONS)... a 00 gs300 (20's with add on spinners.. i know i know i was DUMB, big sytem 4 tv;s lots of tother crap) and my new car 01 gs430.. (cant say yet you will see a reveal when i get back from vacation aug 5th or so).. also i won a 98 nissan frontier pickup.. i use as a work truck and a daily driver.. i like this truck.. lol..as far as my GIRL.. i have been with her for going on 3 years.. she has an identaical twin sister.. love her to death.. loves cars as well.. we actualyl just bought her an 01 is300 lex.. she comes to shows with me and will come to FUTURE CL meets that i make it to..

other than that this is me.. i am 6'6 NO RYTHM what so ever (thats why i have a system).. white, wear glasses.. live with my parents still (even though my compnay currently owns 3 houses).. and oh ya i work at my dads shop when i am not workin on my houses.
OOPS i jsut looked how much crap i typed SORRY
oh ya my name is Ricky

Last edited by 00lexondub; 07-19-04 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-19-04, 04:53 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

sorry for the length

Last edited by 00lexondub; 07-19-04 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-19-04, 05:22 PM
heffror
Driver School Candidate

Well, after seeing so many responses, I'll add mine. My name is Bob and I am 35 yrs old. I live in Virginia, but born in Boston (thru and thru Bo Sox and Pats fan). I am an Oracle/SQL Server DBA. I have been married for 10 yrs and have two daughters, 5 and 3. My wife and I have a very bad habit, we have gone thru cars like nobody's business in the last 10 yrs. Some of the 16 cars we've had include an 86 Buick Grand National, 88 Pontiac Fiero, Ford Bronco, Land Rover, Mercedes 300ce (I loved it but the maintenance was killing me), Infiniti Q45 and a Oldsmobile minivan that my wife now drives.

I bought my pearl white 98 Lexus GS400 back in April from CarMax. Unfortunately work has been an absolute bear and have had no time to myself until very recently. My car is all stock except for the K&N air filter I just put in it (not sure if that is considered a mod or not - oh well). Eventually, I will tighten the suspension and change the exhaust. However, even if I do nothing, I will have ZERO complaints, as this is a fantastic car.
Old 07-19-04, 07:18 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Alright. My turn. My name is Eric. I'm 36 years old, married and have 2 kids (3 1/2 and 2). I was born and raised in Chicago. I went to undergrad and law school at University of Illinois. I worked for 9 years as a vendor at Wrigley Field and Comiskey Park. I am now a trademark lawyer and for the last 10 years have practiced law at law firms in downtown Chicago. I recently went in-house to a very large corporation in the suburbs.

I am passionate about three things: family, golf and cars (in no particular order!!!). I always wanted a 2nd generation GS400. In 1998, my wife's lease came up on her Honda Accord and off to the Lexus dealership we went. I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but somehow she convinced me that the right car for her was an ES 300 (oyster pearl/sage interior). I begged and pleaded for the GS (400, alpine silver/black interior) to no avail. She drove the ES for 3 years. In 2002, with one child at home and another on the way, we realized that we needed a bigger car. The lease was up on my BMW 3-series (I leased it shortly after she bought the ES -- we couldn't justify having 2 Lexuses), so we turned it in and bought her an Acura MDX. Of course, who got stuck with the ES 300??? You guessed it. ME!!!!!! I drove that car for 2 years. Nice car, but really not my style. Finally, in March of this year, I couldn't take it anymore and went out and bought me the car that I wanted back in 99 (although mine is a 98) -- GS400 alpine silver/black interior, 54k miles. I had to fly to Columbus to buy the car, but it was worth it. It's by far the best car I've ever owned (I've had an 87 Mustang GT, 93 300zx 2+2, 99 BMW 323i, and 99 ES 300).

I found CL in April 2004. I wish I had found it prior to making my purchase because I realize that I could have learned a lot about the GS by participating in new threads and researching old ones. Anyway, I ended up doing pretty good for myself. I'm into the stock look, so I won't be doing many modifications to my car. My wife thinks I'm addicted to CL and everytime I get an e-mail saying that someone posted a reply to a thread I've participated in, she tells me that "one of my croanies responded." Oh well, I guess there are worse habits to have, right?

I hope to be active on this site for a long time to come. It's nice to learn something, but it's even better to be able to help someone else (and, after a lot of learning, I'm finally in a position to help others).

e-man
Old 07-19-04, 07:53 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Well guys Iguess I shall go now.
My name is Jeff and I am 24 years old I currently live with my parents and manage my friends car stereo/electronic shop. I was born and raised in Worcester, Massachusetts. I graduated from Bryant College in Rhode Island with a BSBA in Business Management. I have a beautiful gf that I love very much and prolly will be engaged within a year. I am very passionate about horse racing (my friend and his dad own them, with me having a minor stake in them), golf (played in college) and my family. We are an Italian family thru and thru (my whole fam sis 30, bro 33 parents all live together . We have pasta every sunday religiously.
I love my car although I must admit I am not as much a die hard as some. I used to have a Maxima and always wanted a Lexus and after a year of selling mortgages I treated myself to my GS. I am very grateful for what I have and appreciate it very much.
Oh ya I am a huuuuuuuuuuggggeeeee die hard RED SOX fan. Hopefully I will someday withness history.

Quick Reply: Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!