GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-04, 08:24 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So many great replies.

Well I'm Chris. Born and raised in the East Bay of CA. Currently 28 yrs old with 30 coming up sooner than I want. haha I've comprised of 6 nationalities; chinese, filipino, irish, english and cherokee. Yeah I'm pretty mixed up.

I've been a techie ever since I was a kid. Love to tinker with anything mechanical or even building different things. I'm one of those knows a little about a lot guys.
When I was 10 I got into martial arts. The style was called Butokukai. I took that for 4 years until I broke both my wrists doing flips on my bike.

When I was 16 and had my Datsun 200SX I put my first stereo system in, and from there I got the bug. Eight years later I picked up my 99 GS400 and I've never had so much fun modding a car.

In my spare time I like to travel, collect wine, (just bought a 70 bottle wine fridge and tryin to fill it), work on web design (here is one of my sites, www.planetplugged.com), build furniture and work on computers.

This past year I had shoulder surgery and I'm slowing working it back up to its normal strength and movement. I've met a lot of friendly people on CL who are more than willing to lend a helping hand and always give sound advice.

I'm always willing to help in any way I can, and always open to questions.

Chris
Old 07-19-04, 11:46 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!

Well i just wanted to welcome you to the club, you will truely enjoy it! i have learned so much here and many are help considering i'm a Woman and require alot of patience because i am only but so familiar with car mods but these guy are great help!

Now, i am a 21 year old woman who purchased my 98 GS300 as my second car! I am a Nurse a home owner and I have a small online business! i have always been into Street racing, Cars Trucks & Motorcycles! i learned how to ride one when i was 14 years old and taught myself how to drive a car at 16!

I saw a lexus GS one day and got it in my mind that it was one of the cars i soon wanted!
After being on CL i have learned that a car isnt just a car!

And for a Woman........that is a big step!!!!
Enjoy the club...look forward to your posts!!

P.s. Special thanks to everyone who put that Extra added time into helping me out through post,Pm, and email!!!
Old 07-20-04, 02:29 AM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Hameed,

How about we meet up on a Friday nite at St. Thomas Dragway? It's 2 hours from Windsor, and 2 hours from T.O. Every Friday is Street Racing, and you can race all you want for $15-$20. It's a good time...watching some racing, and talking cars.

LightWave 76,

We make our own wine here, and I'd love to send you a bottle. This type of wine is a fairly Canadian thing. It's called Ice Wine, and the grapes are not picked until they have frozen on the vine. The freeze concentrates the sugar, and makes it VERY VERY sweet. To put i into perspective, a sweet wine has a rating of 03. My ice wine comes in at 15+, and generally is strong in alcohol..about 15-18%. It is served as a desert, and is quite expensive. Figure on paying $75+ dollars for a 2 year old bottle..bottles are small..only 375ml.
Old 07-20-04, 03:54 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Hi everyone

My name is Donald and I am currently a graduate student at Columbia University.

I own a 2004 GS300 and I love it very much. I used to own a 2001 IS200 and 2003 IS300.
I am a Lexus maniac.

I am a Red Sox fan and WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL!!!

-Donald
Old 07-20-04, 05:15 AM
04GS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by MY GS300
I am a Red Sox fan and WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL!!!

-Donald
He forgot to mention he's a comedian on the side... Sorry I couldn't help it! I'm actually a Dodger fan (long story)!
Old 07-20-04, 08:50 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default my story

well i am 25, born and raised in London, Kentucky, pop.8,000 people. Always was reading comic books, and just enjoying life as a kid. collected comics and sports cards as a kid, and so much my dad opened a small arcade/card & comic shop. loved sports and Basketball was my favorite. Moved to Lexington, ky to go to school for Psychology. Never really enjoyed the major. So i took some time away from school, and was involved in a major automobile accident. had two vertibre sucked out my back, and a cage inserted. This was not good lol. But knowing i could not depend on physical strength as much anymore i was determined to go back to school and finish. Just shows that giving up isn't a option. I finish with my sociology degree in a few weeks

my family has always been supportative of my actions and what i wanted to do. first person to graduate college from my Roberts side of the family. very proud of my folks for what they told me about life, and how to take it, and who to appreicate. Met the best person ever in my life a year and a half ago, and she is by far, the one individual who gives me strength when i am down and I love her to death.

Managed a few blockbusters while going to school, so this should help in the work force already having 5 plus years experience. Very ambitious person with everything to gain.

had a 1991 jeep cherokee when i first was driving, then a 1994 mustang cobra, where the mod bug hit. Still have the mustang, which my little sister is learning to drive. My 99 gs4, which i have owned since feb 02. I learned about Clublexus a little before i believe. This website is the BEST one, By far!!

Want to give my props to all the guys who have been here since me, and who have shared secrets, ideas, and just knowing the knowledge before others. All the guys and gals here are something else, and good people too, on and off the net.

Bryan Roberts
Old 07-20-04, 11:00 AM
BostonGS4
Pole Position

I feel like we are at an AA meeting =P

Hello, I'm adam, and im not an addict...well except when it comes to cars (and coffee)
23, born in MA, currently live in Cambridge MA

Graduated Tufts University with Computer Engineering Degree
Working full time for Northrop Grumman doing HLS applications
Going to school at the same time for MS in Engineering Management

Former Cars: 1985 Chrysler 5Th Ave
1995 Acura Integra (about 5Gs invested)
2000 Civic SI (about 12Gs invested)

Then I got the 98 GS4 I drive now.
I've worked jobs from grocery store, to arcade, to landscaping, to retail, etc.....its been a long road
and now do home land defense apps for high profile federal/civil customers.

came along way to grab the GS...and Im actually itching for somethign else lately. But lets not get into that now

go sox!

Last edited by BostonGS4; 07-20-04 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-20-04, 12:20 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Nice to meet you all.

My name is Ray, 28 years old and single. I'm 100% chinese, originally from Hong Kong and have lived in US for 10 years. I got my Computer Science degree from University of Kentucky, then moved to CA for job opportunity. I wasn't able to find one IT job back in year 2000/01. Luckly, I got one after 1 whole year of waiting. Currently, working as LAN admin for one of the state agencies.

I found CL back in 2002 when I had my 99 RX300. Then, I moved to Acura integra GS 5 speed just because the gas mileage and manual tranny (I want to learn that). After a year, I sold that one and got my 2001 GS3. I love this car everytime I see it and hope to keep it for a while.

I'm so glad i found this forum. I particularly like the GB section. It got some nice deals there.

That's it for my story
Old 07-20-04, 01:20 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by BostonGS4
I feel like we are at an AA meeting =P

Hello, I'm adam, and im not an addict...
[Everyone]Hi Adam [/Everyone]

I don't have a GS, btw. I just lurk from the SC forum.
Old 07-20-04, 11:17 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

good to finally put a name to the cars.

My name is Carlos Martinez. I am a pure blood Puerto Rican, born in San Juan but moved to Florida when i was 5. Just about all my relatives still live in PR. we moved to the Tampa area in 1989 and have lived here ever since. I love this area and dont plan on leaving, or if i do, buy a home down here for vacations. Im 22 years old, and turn 23 in december. Im the son of a Computer Programmer (father Osiris) and a Sales Executive (mother Awilda). I have one sister (jessica) who is about to turn 25. Im a total car nut that has been into cars just about as long as i have been into chicks, if not longer. My first car was my 1997 Toyota Camry which i then Turbo charged. I miss it but i dont miss the space or lack there of. I am 6'3" and the Camry was just a little cramped for me. So I started by making a list of the top 10 cars that i must own in my lifetime. Number 1 is the Toyota Supra TT. Now considering the insurance would be more than the payment for the car per month, i decided to keep checking down the list. The number 2 car was the Lexus GS400. some searchs lead me here before i even bought the car. Probably about 6 months. I love my car, and love the group that i have joined by buying the car (CL). When i had the Camry, the mod bug hit me really hard. considering the car was slow to begin with, it made it easier to justify spending the kind of money that i did on that car (about $20k total before i sold it). This car is starting to get that way. I have already started buying parts for the car and am keeping everthing hush hush until its starting to get the new look. I used to be a mechanic for a local car Dealership and used to work on Audis, BMWs, Land Rovers, Porsches, Subarus and VW's. My main focus was the VW's, but i was in each shop for a while. I now work as a Fraud Analyst for a Credit Card processing company called Certegy. Its a great job but gets to be a little boring after a while. My main focus is to end up working for the Government. I am leaning towards working for the Secret Service or the CIA. I am currently signed up to go to the Army as an Intelligence Operative as soon as i finish college. I dont know what my major is but im pretty sure ill figure it out soon enough. I am currently single and am looking around for ms right now. but with school, work, and you guys, i dont think i can find the time for the ball and chain. Especially when i just spent about 6 grand in parts in about 2 hours of online buying. oh well. Right now, i still live with my parents and really dont have any current plans to move out. If i dont have to, im not going to. we just moved into our new home and they built me a huge bedroom with my own full bathroom, so i dont really see a need.

I cant really think of much else, so i think ill call it quits there. thanks for listening...err reading... whatever!
Old 07-28-04, 08:13 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok here we go.....
Hi my name is Shawn Manspeaker I am 27 years old my hertiage is Germany/Dutch and French, I was born in Michigan where i spent most of my childhood, I have a large family i have 11aunts and uncles and most of them work for GM, Ford and Detroit Desil which explains my love for cars my mom herself worked for holley Carburtors and personally knows Big Daddy Don Garlets My father drove an 18 wheeler until he retired. I moved to Florida in 1991and gratuated from Largo high school where i majored in mechanics.I am very close to my family even though most of them live in michigan we go up every year at least twice a year for family reunions and holidays My Mom and i are very close we do everything together and some of you might have met her in fort lauderdale eariler this year she's like a big kid , my grilfriend and i have been together for almost 6 years she is more than my girlfriend she is my best friend we do everything together. My dog what can i say she is a 3year old American Pitbull Terrier white with a brown face she is not only my pet she is like a part of my family when i have a rough day she always there to may me smile.last but certiantly not least my car i have owned many cars from Mercury, to Honda,to Lincoln i never really owned a car until i bought my first Lexus LS400 i'm sure you all remember Her Champane with chrome wheels and TV's although i was happy with her she was nothing like my Diamond Pearl White Princess what a diffrence it makes just to own a Lexus and to know you have all the luxury and comfort we all deserve right in my own garage. as for a career I have had many From Tow truck driver to head security, Repo-man and most recently celebrity car transporting i have transported cars for Shaq, Grant Hill, Gary Shefield, Robert Porshe,Bennito Santiago,Kevin Hunter Grant Hill and many others, although this field is fun and exciting it only lasts Partime i am curently seeking a full time career as is most of america today well this is a little about my life thanks.......... Shawn

Last edited by lexusondubs; 08-04-04 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-01-04, 12:31 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

just trying to get some more people to partcipate
Old 08-01-04, 11:34 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome Im currently in iowa....so if anybody passes through, holla!
Old 08-04-04, 10:04 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

this thread needs to stay alive with some more people participating
Old 08-04-04, 11:07 PM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Hi everyone-

I'm Mike Oei, originally from Jakarta, Indonesia, but I've currently been in Milwaukee, WI for about 3 years now. I'm a senior at Marquette University majoring in accounting and mis. Hopefully, I can graduate on December 2005, get a job here, get a cpa, and get an mba. I never have interest in car until I got here, and my father who is a toyota/lexus/merc fanatic told me to get an rx -- to replace my '98 mazda protege at that time, but I was leaning more toward a sedan at that time, so I picked up a gs3. A month before I got the gs, I joined CL, found and learned so much here.. With my father's and brother's support -- here I am ended up with my lovely black GS

Last edited by Blackened; 08-04-04 at 11:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!