GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-04, 01:35 PM
RefinedGS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone. I guess its my turn

My name is Ron P, 28, born and raised in Seattle, Washington. Although I live now in Renton, I can say that Beacon Hill Seattle is where I'm truly from. I graduated from the University of Washington in 1998 and have been working in my field since. I make my living as an Architect, and will probably do so til the day I get buried in my GS4. (jk) I am pursuing my Architectural Registration Liscense, so taking the associated registration exam in my midst. I have a beautiful girlfriend both inside and out, and a loyal companion in my doberman/german shepard mix pooch Bruno, and many local family and loyal friends. My ultimate goal is to design and reside in my own creation, and have lots of kids someday, onward to living happily ever after.

Aside my GS, I own a 1995 Black Toyota 4Runner, which has already been modded to my taste. Chrome grilles, 31x10.5s Yokos, Alpine, JLAudio, MBQuart, Borla, K&N, Edelbrock, TRD, to summarize. Always a fan of the GS line, I bit the bullet and bought my stock 1999 Silver Lexus GS400, last year as a personal bday present. I fell in love with this car the moment I shifted to drive, and then to manual with the E-shift. The flawless acceleration, and quiet ride as well as the price tag and further negotiations sure was the pulling point (not to mention Alpine Silver / Jet Black interior). This summer has been busy for the GS, as I have completed a handful of mods..thanks to all the inspirations found on CL. I'll save all the details of my mods for another thread, as I will complete it with a sig and plenty of picts.

Hope to see some of y'all on the road!!! Oh and if you're looking for an Architect...I'm your man, drop me a line!

Ron P
RefinedGS (formerly GS4OOpilot)

Last edited by RefinedGS; 08-05-04 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-05-04, 01:54 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm Dan H, I'm about to turn 47 years old and I'm 5'7" and 155 lbs. No threat to Mike Tyson.

In my adolescense, I was heavily into baseball, and became a Tri-County All Star player in Cranford N.J. Cars also made a visceral and indelible impact on me back then, and it's never abated. My childhood memories of 1960's Buick Wildcats, T-Birds with sequential turn signals, and 2 seat MG's stay with me to this day. Cool stuff.

I was a professional musician in the tri-state area of N.J. Delaware, and Pennsylvania in the late 1970's to late 1980's, we played 50 weeks out of the year for Apollo Artist Attractions booking agency. I taught guitar on the college adjunct level at the same time, when I met my wife -to -be, Teri, who started taking lessons off me. We married after almost 10 years of dating on and off (impulsive I'm not !), and moved to Florida in 1990. I had a stint in a pro band in Florida, with a former member of the Motown band "The Creations", but packed it in after about a year of constant band personnel changes and burnout.

I have had a background in auto body/painting and detailing since I was 17, when I painted my 1st car (1965 Mustang). I learned the trade because I couldn't afford to pay someone to fix or paint my cars, and they ALL needed painting and fixing back then, LOL. I have painted a few show cars and trucks since, including my old T-Bird Supercoupe, and won a 1st place trophy with that car, which the Moroso Ford newsletter called a "rolling black mirror". *blush*

When I decided to put my guitar away professionally, detailing was the obvious thing to go to, since I took care of all my family's and friends' cars, and I've been doing it now for 12 years. I've slowed my pace down in the last few years. I have a select group of good clients and I purposely don't work every day anymore. 3-4 days a week is enough now.

My wife Teri has Masters in Public Administration, and works for Flagler County Florida. She has a Miata, I have the 15 year old T-Bird Supercoupe (my show car, it's modded and lowered + rims), and we both share the GS400. We've had our GS400 2 years now. I wanted one so bad in 1998, but couldn't swing it back then. We were able to buy one 2 years ago, and it's too awesome. No regrets.
I've been a member of the online Thunderbird community since ~1996, and I'm also a Car Care moderator at another website. I've written tech articles on wetsanding and other aspects of car detailing, available as FAQ's on those sites.

Teri & I have no children, and our free time is spent at the beach, movies, dinner, and travelling. We LOVE the mountains, and hope to someday have a mountain retreat. I still play enough guitar to keep my chops up, but I lost my best friend in 2000, a guy that I used to jam with regularly, and that's been a tough blow. Both Teri and I work out regularly, she power walks almost daily and I lift weights. Teri is 4' 11" and 103 lbs. Great figure even at 44 years old. I got lucky with her in so many ways, she is a terriffic human being. This year she's dealing with her mother's recently diagnosed cancer, and the prognosis is only about 50/50. It's's been a very rough year, and I know many can relate.

Lastly, I have also been oil painting since I was young, and won a couple ist place ribbons for my artwork. I used to do the art show scene in N.J, along the shore mostly. Our home is decorated with my artwork, from oils to pastels, and I've sold many, many paintings over the years. I started out in college as an art major, but switched over to music. Ehh...that's about it for the major stuff...

Cars, guitars, and great women. It's been a blast so far.

MAJOR EDIT; the wife got upset because I said she's 4' 9" when in reality she's 4' 11". When you're short every inch counts I guess. Let's just say she "looks" 5 ft tall.

Last edited by Guitarman; 08-05-04 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-05-04, 01:58 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not to crap this thread but i also had a black supercoupe and my mom just had cancer removed so iam there with ya i did not know you were in florida are you coming to the tampa meet ??
Guitarman
Old 08-05-04, 02:59 PM
Guitarman

You have PM.
Old 08-05-04, 03:49 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Guitarman
You have PM.
guitarman (dan)

i have learned so much from you here

always wondered where you got knowledge from (now i know)

just wanted to say thanks for all your help

whether you knew or not

i read almost all of your posts

-johnny-
Old 08-05-04, 04:16 PM
Guitarman

Thanks Johnny, much appreciated, and FWIW, I tend to look for your posts too, you have a lot of knowledge about these cars, and I'm still learning.

Now..back to your regularly scheduled " getting to know your fellow GS'er " thread ...
Old 08-05-04, 04:16 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like Guitarman has a beautiful and colorful life and isn't ungrateful for what he has. man

Last edited by siniquezu; 08-05-04 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-06-04, 07:41 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 04GS300
He forgot to mention he's a comedian on the side... Sorry I couldn't help it! I'm actually a Dodger fan (long story)!

Hi there

Your Dodgers look strong.

They got a great pitcher from Florida.

Dodgers vs. Red Sox? That would be awesome.

-Donald
Old 08-06-04, 09:01 AM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Kinda short and sweet...

Name's Eli...getting married next May 7th...bought my GS300 for myself when I was 21...23 now. Paying for all my cars, insurance, rent, wedding on my own has taught me a lot. I envy many that have had some things given to them...but respect those whom have earned it. I am starting my own productions company and hope to own a couple of clubs in hopes of having children who are happy daddy is home and a wife whom I am excited to see.

Our production company (Elightened Productions) is trying to plan some sort of an event for the peeps up here in the Northwest (DJ's, sponsors, food, etc) and hope to shake some hands. I am @ work otherwise I would tell a little more *shrug*
Old 08-06-04, 05:43 PM
GSDan
Driver School Candidate

Keeping it going..My name is Dan, I'm 47, grew up in Boston and now live in a suburb west of Boston. I grew up a Red Sox fan and I worked as Fenway Park as a kid. As a matter of fact, I'm watching the Sox as I type. I own an 03 GS3 Black SportsDesign. This has been my first Lexus and I now know the benchmark for luxury.

I also work in IT and I manage an international sales team. I have been fortunate to have worked for the same company for 25 years. I am more fortunate because my wife and I just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. We have three children. Our oldest is 26 and is completing his MS in computer science and our other son will soon be starting his 4th year of college ( notice I didn't say he was a senior . We have a daughter who is almost 17 and in high school. Yes, we started both our marriage and our family very young, but life could not have dealt me a better hand. I am looking forward to the new GS and will consider it as a strong contender for my next car. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my GS3.

Enjoy the summer and drive safely.

Regards:

Dan
Old 08-07-04, 05:38 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Keeping it going..My name is Dan, I'm 47, grew up in Boston and now live in a suburb west of Boston. I grew up a Red Sox fan and I worked as Fenway Park as a kid. As a matter of fact, I'm watching the Sox as I type. I own an 03 GS3 Black SportsDesign. This has been my first Lexus and I now know the benchmark for luxury.
Hey bro where abouts are ya? I am in Worc.
Old 08-07-04, 07:03 AM
GSDan
Driver School Candidate

We're almost neighbors. I live in Natick.
Old 08-07-04, 06:45 PM
apanju
Rookie

Its my turn now and think this thread is great. I'm Ali Panju and live in Richmond Hill, Canada. Married with 2 beautiful daughters 4 years and 4months. Always dreamed of owning a GS...Truly love it. Infact my brother has an ES too. Immigrated to Canada in 1990 and truly love the place. There is no place like this place any place! Aged 33...have worked full time for the past 14 years and have studied full time too during the work...was tough but well worth it.
Have an udergraduate HONS business degree from York University and comleted only 1 year of my MBA. Love my car and love reading posts on CL. Was born in Bombay India and went to St. Mary's School...Played tennis when I was a junior at a very high competitive level...Infact was ranked in the top 350 in the world in Juniors....yes Pete Sampras, Micahel Chang etc were in the top 50 juniors at that time. Have beaten Leander Paes when I was a junior...for those who do not know who he is..(Leander has won 2 grand slams in Doubles and was ranked world #1 in doubles) Well he will whip me now!!!!! Still play tennis but not at the same level.
Hey its someone elses turn now............
Old 08-07-04, 07:28 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim from Chicago 36 married 3 month old baby at home (Luke). I'm in real estate and the GS is the greatest car I have ever owned

Where do you go from here?
Old 08-09-04, 04:23 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RRocket: This is cool getting to learn a little about the people I read/talk to every week. I'll make mine short and sweet:

I'm 30 and have loved cars since I was about 12. My next door neighbor was 19 when he got an IROC. He would come over and show me how to hook up a car; from pin striping to interior. From that summer on I was hooked on modding. I had dreams of Nissan Minitrucks & Maximas (I know, I know, but they were the ***** back then). Being from SoCal, my interest in cars was mostly Lowriders but now I appreciate almost every car on the road for one quality or another. The GS is the first car of my own that I've even attempted to modify. My taste is clean, classy, sporty and low. Nothing extreme like fluorescent paint, or Ferrari F40 wings.

I'm an MCSE, MCSA no longer working in IT. I run a small digital media design firm here in SF and plan to travel to a new destination every year for the rest of my life. Tokyo and Paris are next on the list.

Favorite Cars:
2006 Mercedes Vision CLS
1985 Ferrari Testarossa
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena
1998 Lexus GS300

Love: Hi-Polished spoke rims, calamari, the Ocean, Chili's boneless buffalo wings, brownies, music, Dave Chappell, technology, graphic design, God, motion graphics, photography, sleep, Red Bull and Learning about different cultures from Indian to Japanese, Ethiopian to Peruvian.

Hate: Neon anything on a car, spinners, parents that don't discipline their kids, liver, pork, beef, sushi, racism, know-it-alls, people who act hard for no reason, annoying cell phone ring tones - this list is too long to post

Last edited by TwentyTen; 08-09-04 at 05:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!