GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-04, 04:10 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Cadd
..............So basically, I'm grateful that I'm living and breathing.....I love the freedom and liberty we have here in America......but my life is pretty stress free. I have a great relationship with my parents and I have a great fiance.

What else is there???
Old 08-18-04, 05:34 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread, RRocket...

Here's my quick bio...my name is Jeff and I was born in Tampa and lived there for the first 29 years, until I moved to Atlanta last October. I graduated from the University of South Florida and was waiting to start testing for the FBI that winter. During the interim, I started doing CAD work with my pops at Namasco, one of the world's largest structural steel companies. Well, that was all she wrote...I was promoted to sales in three months and decided that the job was MUCH safer, the pay was MUCH better, and I wouldn't have to move every three years or so. October of last year, I was promoted to sales manager and transfered to our branch in Atlanta to help resurrect it. Currently, 10 months later, our branch is now one of the top performers and I am being prepped to move back to Tampa in the near future to take over our operation there.

I played golf and basketball for my high school, both of which I still love today, along with poker.

I have owned 8 cars...84 Accord, 87 Prelude, 91 Civic, 95 Golf, 97 Wrangler, 98 Yukon, 99 Maxima, and currently a 99 Tahoe. I should, however, be in a new GS430 sometime in the next few weeks, which is why, after a couple years of surfing it, I have finally joined CL!!!

I have awesome parents who still reside in Tampa, and a wonderful little sister, who is getting her MD/PHd in Neurology at Emory.

I am still single and have no kids, but am always on the lookout for a girl with the patience to put up with the "big kid" in me.

Once again, thanks RRocket for starting this great thread and bringing the CL family closer together!!!
Old 08-18-04, 06:37 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by phunkyGS
Great thread, RRocket...

Here's my quick bio...my name is Jeff and I was born in Tampa and lived there for the first 29 years, until I moved to Atlanta last October. I graduated from the University of South Florida and was waiting to start testing for the FBI that winter. During the interim, I started doing CAD work with my pops at Namasco, one of the world's largest structural steel companies. Well, that was all she wrote...I was promoted to sales in three months and decided that the job was MUCH safer, the pay was MUCH better, and I wouldn't have to move every three years or so. October of last year, I was promoted to sales manager and transfered to our branch in Atlanta to help resurrect it. Currently, 10 months later, our branch is now one of the top performers and I am being prepped to move back to Tampa in the near future to take over our operation there.

I played golf and basketball for my high school, both of which I still love today, along with poker.

I have owned 8 cars...84 Accord, 87 Prelude, 91 Civic, 95 Golf, 97 Wrangler, 98 Yukon, 99 Maxima, and currently a 99 Tahoe. I should, however, be in a new GS430 sometime in the next few weeks, which is why, after a couple years of surfing it, I have finally joined CL!!!

I have awesome parents who still reside in Tampa, and a wonderful little sister, who is getting her MD/PHd in Neurology at Emory.

I am still single and have no kids, but am always on the lookout for a girl with the patience to put up with the "big kid" in me.

Once again, thanks RRocket for starting this great thread and bringing the CL family closer together!!!
hey jeff how about a job when you get back to tampa

Last edited by lexusondubs; 08-18-04 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 07:22 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Originally posted by lexusondubs
hey jeff how about a job when you get back to tampa
It might be a little bit, bro...I am waiting for the current manager, who is also the southeast regional manager, to finally hang it up. Some major personell changes need to take place, so there will definitely be some opportunities...just don't know exactly when yet.

The steel industry is a lot of fun. It is very informal, so you can build a ton of great relationships without all the pretentious bull*****. I did marketing for an investment firm while I was in school, and the "boiler room" type of sales that the brokers had to do was just not my style. Plus, the big corporations, like ours, offer great benefits and opportunities.

I'll probably post up when I make the move, just to let the CLers know...if you're still looking then, get in touch, man!
Old 08-18-04, 07:32 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

thanks sounds good to me
Old 08-18-04, 10:22 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Hi, fairly new here to CL.

Have lived most of my life in the SF Bay Area and always been into cars. Prior and current rides include 70's Fiat convertible, Mazda RX, Ford Galaxie beater car, 90 Mazda 929s, 98 Grand Voyager, 95 LS400 and now 02 GS430. But the car I had the longest (since high school) for 20 years, before selling it a couple of years ago, was a 70 Olds Cutlass Rallye 350. I bet almost none of you have ever heard of that model musclecar, esp. since it only was made that one year and only about 3400 were sold. It only came in one color w/ functional ram air hood, 350ci small block, close ratio muncie 4 speed w/ hurst shifter, rear spoiler and color keyed bumpers and wheels. Had a fun time w/ it, street racing at Great Highway in SF, cruising El Camino in San Mateo, 1/4 mile runs at the now defunct Fremont Raceway. What I love about the GS430 is that its performance numbers are similar to the Rallye 350 (too bad GS's aren't available in manual shift), but w/ superior luxury, reliability, braking, handling, prestige, etc. I guess that's it for now. Hope to see some of you at the EOS meet.

Last edited by JyGS430; 08-18-04 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 10:25 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by JyGS430
Hi, fairly new here to CL.

Have lived most of my life in the SF Bay Area and always been into cars. Prior and current rides include 70's Fiat convertible, Mazda RX, Ford Galaxie beater car, 90 Mazda 929s, 98 Grand Voyager, 95 LS400 and now 02 GS430. But the car I had the longest (since high school) for 20 years, before selling it a couple of years ago, was a 70 Olds Cutlass Rallye 350. I bet almost none of you have ever heard of that model musclecar, esp. since it only was made that one year and only about 3400 were sold. It only came in one color w/ functional ram air hood, 350ci small block, close ratio muncie 4 speed w/ hurst shifter, rear spoiler and color keyed bumpers and wheels. Had a fun time w/ it, street racing at Great Highway in SF, cruising El Camino in San Mateo, 1/4 mile runs at the now defunct Fremont Raceway. What I love about the GS430 is that its performance numbers are similar to the Rallye 350 (too bad GS's aren't available in manual shift), but w/ superior luxury, reliability, braking, handling, prestige, etc. I guess that's it for now. Hope to see some of you at the EOS meet.
did that car have the 350 rocket engine ??
Old 08-18-04, 10:31 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

lexusondubs,

Yes it did have the 350 (now I've edited my prior post). Originally I thought it had the W31 engine, but found out the numbers weren't correct. When the engine was rebuilt, I did have the cam and valves/lifters replaced w/ W31 spec pieces.
Old 08-18-04, 11:50 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by JyGS430
lexusondubs,

Yes it did have the 350 (now I've edited my prior post). Originally I thought it had the W31 engine, but found out the numbers weren't correct. When the engine was rebuilt, I did have the cam and valves/lifters replaced w/ W31 spec pieces.
i know my cars
Old 08-19-04, 04:31 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

I guess its my turn....

I'm actually more of a lurker than anythng else, but there are times where i am pretty active in the threads. I guess it just depends on how busy i am. I am 22 and trying to finish up my undergrad degree in economics at california polytechinic uniiversity, pomona. I am taiwanese but was born in so cal and have lived here my whole life. I'm hoping to get into grad school for a graduate degree in econ in the next few years, but i think that might be wishful thinking because my grades arent the greatest.

I consider myself a jack of all trades but a master at none. I know a little bit about programming, the basic C+, Pearl, XML, SQL, PHP. I also love playin with photoshop and picture editing....its a good way to kill time. But i have also worked as a sales rep for my parents company at one point. I also worked in the finance industry at prudential securities (now wachovia securities) for about 2 years.

I got my GS about 4 years ago, i love my car and have modded it a little here and there. It is a great car and CL is a great place to chat about it. I have never actually gone to any meets, but im sure i will one of these days since i am stalking a few of the members .(LexAristo) hehe

well thats it ....have fun posting

- Boris
Old 08-19-04, 11:55 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hello everyone. I'm new to the CL family...

Hello Everyone,

My name's Clifford and I work at GoDaddy.com I'm the Chapter Advisor for ASU's Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity, and I mentor for at risk youth in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. I just recently joined the CL family here after recieving a promotion at work and boy do I love my car. This car is so sweet, every time I walk to it after work, I can never believe that I actually own it because it's so beautiful.

I'm 26, just turned this past July 10, and I was looking for a GS400 to buy myself as my 26th b-day present and to hang up the keys to my 1993 Infiniti G20. The G20 was my second car that I recieved as a gift from my parents just before my last year at ASU. I had a 1980 diesel Mercedes 300D as my first car and it was like driving a sofa.

Anyway- I told my parents that I was looking for a GS400 and they have two 1998 GSs so they suggested I purchase one of theirs to keep the money in the family (must be a Chinese thing) and because I would know the history of the vehicle. They had both a GS3 and a GS4 (pictured below), but because the GS3 had more miles and I would rather let my parents keep the nicer vehicle, i purchased their GS3 and my dad kept the chrome rims for his GS400. It's been a good car. I already replaced the timing belt during the 60k service- better to be safe than sorry- I know- it was way immature to change but I live in Phoenix, Arizona and it's freakin hot out here so I had it done to be safe.

Anyway, I haven't really modded anything on it yet. I had an intake but then I put too much K&N oiil on it and it screwed up my MAF sensor so i took it off, cleaned the MAF sensor, prayed to God that it was fine and put it back to stock. It's fine and I don't think I'll be messing with the engine too much anymore unless I keep browsing all your cars!!!! I just purchased an Avic-N1 and will get it installed this weekend. My GS doesn't have nav nor HIDs nor a spoiler so it's pretty sad compared to a lot of these cars on here. But that's a good thing though I guess. I don't try to be a showy guy, I just like having nice things and I thank the Lord that I have a good job to afford them and to be a role model for college kids at ASU and for at risk kids in South Phoenix.

So that's a little about me and how I acquired my GS. I'm somewhat of a young party guy but my age is catching up to me... I think I actually matured a little more after purchasing this vehicle because it's such a business man's vehicle. It just looks like pure business when it sits in the parking lot. But that hasn't stopped me from throwing good parties!

You all can keep up with me on my three sites and if you're interested in having a site hosted, I'll host a Web site for any of you guys for free on my server I keep running for my sites.

Just let me know!

I wish you all and your families many miles of safe driving.

God Bless.

Clifford Wong

cliffud.com
cliffshouseparty.com
pandapower.com
Old 08-20-04, 09:27 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Hello everyone. I'm new to the CL family...

Originally posted by cliffud
.................... that's a little about me and how I acquired my GS. I'm somewhat of a young party guy but my age is catching up to me... I think I actually matured a little more after purchasing this vehicle because it's such a business man's vehicle. It just looks like pure business when it sits in the parking lot. But that hasn't stopped me from throwing good parties!

....................God Bless.
Hey Clifford - WELCOME TO CL. I can tell you right off the bat that your car is going to go from a typical "business man's" car to a "PIMPED OUT", "I-MEAN-BUSINESS, MAN" car REALLY fast now that you joined ClubLexus. You already mentioned how you don't have HID so that might be one of your first mods You'll find all kinds of great ways to spend your family's income here . You mentioned that you don't have NAV? That's good, now you have an excuse to upgrade the stereo!!!!! One of the fastest, cheapest mods you can do yourself is chroming the FRONT SLITS of the Lexus grill. It takes about 3 hours but it's free and makes a huge difference in the look of the car. Just make sure you ONLY CHROME THE FRONT SLITS If you chrome the whole grill it looks like trash. Use a knife for precise lines or you can use paint remover, or something like it. ENJOY.
Originally posted by cliffud
I just recently joined the CL family here after recieving a promotion at work and boy do I love my car. This car is so sweet, every time I walk to it after work, I can never believe that I actually own it because it's so beautiful....................
I know how you feel. I've wanted a GS since 1997 and when I finally got it I thought I was dreaming for about 2 months! Now when I see the car in the parking lot I look at it like " Damn, that's a HOT CAR!!"

Which car is yours? You mentioned that your Dad kept the chrome wheels for HIS car but I don't know if the photo was taken prior to your purchase?

Last edited by TwentyTen; 08-20-04 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-20-04, 11:30 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: Hello everyone. I'm new to the CL family...

Originally posted by Darius2004
Which car is yours? You mentioned that your Dad kept the chrome wheels for HIS car but I don't know if the photo was taken prior to your purchase? [/B]
Mine is the silver one. I have the stock 17'' matte finish rims from the dealership. And about the navigation? Yea, I bought a Pioneer Avic-N1 the other day and will be getting it installed tomorrow. I'll post photos later.

Here's a photo off their site:

I picked it up for $1,000 and traded my old Alpine CVA-1005 for it. It retails for $2,200 but I think I got a good deal.

Clifford
Old 08-20-04, 12:05 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

<threadjack>
Wow, that's cool! You wasted NO time!!! Can't wait to see the photos. Did you buy a dash kit or is the install shop making it for you? PM me if you like.
</threadjack>
Old 07-02-05, 05:01 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

let me leave alittle something bout me...im 20 years old live in staten island ny..born in brooklyn have a nice job working on the docks AKA longshoreman and i get drive off all the new cars even lexus so im probably the first one on this forum that got the drive the new GS's before everyone on here cause we got the first shipment of em but im not braggin just telling yous lol..love video games,cars,girls with big na na..can i say that?..my first car was 99 volvo s80 2.9..WORSE car ive had and probably will have knock on wood..started off good then 1 thing happend and after that it was all downhill from there..i got that car after i just turned 18 and i only got it cause it was cheaper on the insurance i was looking at a fairly new gs430 but the insurance was way high so i got the volvo..i always wanted a gs since i was like 15 i love these cars they are just awesome seriously so i was looking for a new car bout 3 months ago knew i was gettin either a lexus, E class and the new caddy..but i just said ****** that im going with the lexus so i called up bay ridge lexus and asked and they said no we dont have any 02's or any gs430's but i just got this gs300 sports design in..black/black with the blackwood kit black badges..when i heard that i was sold went down there the next day and bought it picked it up a week later and i love the car..at first i didnt wanna do anything to it just tints and H.I.D's but i saw these rims and i had to get em..now im gettin some inteiror work done and some video and maybe in a few months some JP's..i could go on for days bout this car and how much i love it and am grateful i have it..its such an awesome car to have and i wish every could kid my age could be as lucky as me to drive this car..and this board is like a bunch of people that are laid back and such its really cool here..ok well im done sorry for talking like a girl..

Quick Reply: Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!