GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-05, 09:25 AM
ozziesGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to CL

Hello all.

This is a great opportunity for someone like me that is new to intorduce myself. My name is Jeff and I am 44 from a suburb in the DFW area. I am married and have three kids (23, previous marriage, 13 and 10) as any of you other members with kids know, they keep us busy. I am an air traffic controller at DFW and have been there for 13 years. Served 9 years in the Navy as a controller and the highlight was going to Antarctica 3 times. Walked around the world!!! Cars-won't go into the whole list but my first Lexus was a 98 ES300. Loved it but got the itch and traded it for a new 02 Acura TL-S. Great car but found I missed the luxury ride of the Lexus so last fall I traded for my 01 GS300. Love it!! Unfortunately, my wife took it on a trrip south last weekend and was rear-ended by someone doing about 50 so it is now sitting at the body shop awaiting repairs. Don't think anyone would appreciate pictures of a damaged GS on the site so I will save all the misery and hopefully will be able to post pictures of it in great shape when it is completed. I love the CL site so far as I am learning something new each time I visit. I can tell most of you are into Mods, but I don't want to trade my comfortable ride for looks so I will take what I can to improve my GS with that in mind. Thanks to all that make us new people feel welcome.
Old 07-08-05, 09:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Welcome new folks!

I hope to meet many of you from the east coast (I know its a long haul from TX, lol ) at the Big East Coast Lexus meet in August in Baltimore in late August. Click on my signature for details and to sign up. Its free!
Old 07-11-05, 05:56 AM
jaja
Pole Position

Hiya folks -

My name is Jaja, and I'm alot like my GS4 - born in Japan and raised in the US and a bit overweight ....

I flew over here when I was around 2 yrs old, and been here ever since. Went to college in Japan, did the drifting scene in hakone while it was still "in". I tried the tokyo belt parkway "shutoko" racing, but that was way to crazy for me. I had a AE86 corolla and Z32 300ZX for my toys.

When I moved back to the US in '99, bought me a '93 240SX Convertible or "vert" as they call it in the ricer world, and have modded that quite a bit. It has a tower bar and Tein SS coilovers..... Injen intake and HKS exhaust, S14 seats, and most of all my bragging rights for this one is the 5sp swap. Well I didn't do it personally of course, but the 5sp is really what made my vert fun!

The vert ended up to be the wife's car, so I went out and bought a '94 bronco because i was tired of lowering cars - so i went up! I have a 6" lift with good old 35" tires. Put a Gibson exhaust and K&N intake. Need to do headers, and most importantly 4.56 gears to offset the large tires.

We just had a son, Tyler, in April, and right before we purchased our beloved GS4. I really had a hard time choosing between a BMW 540i/6 and the GS4. At the end of the day we went with the GS because the vehicle we saw was taken care by a guy that may love the car more than I do. I was really heartbroken when I drove the car off his driveway, but I was confident that it was a great purchase because he really didn't want to let it go (or he was a good lier )

i want to do alot with the GS, but since it is our "minivan" replacement, I really can't go overboard. My master plan is - "if my wife ever says yes..."

Intake: not sure. of manuf..
Exhaust: HKS?
Suspension: Tein CS + EDFC, Tower bars, frame brace, etc....
Wheels: BBS RGR 18"
Engine: SC? Headers (if they ever make a CARB legal one....)

I head up a small satellite office for a Japanese company based in Tokyo here in Los Angeles. We specialize in servicing Toyota/Lexus in marketing needs both analog/old schoool, and high tech. Old school stuff is the typical sales training or product information summary based prelaunch activity material creation. Some times I take the photographs of our content, just because I love to do it.

Our coolest stuff is our realtime 3D presensation. We'll be at SIGGRAPH later this month at the LA convention center. We have a cool realtime3D 3GS demo. We'll be at the ATI booth. Come see us it is a real cool demo.... As for Jaja.
Old 07-11-05, 10:00 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

Hi, My name is Adam El-Khorazaty, i'm 21 i live in maryland my father is from Cairo, Egypt and my mother is a country girl from North Carolina... i am currently just out of community college and about to go into the Air Force... i have a 98 Blue GS400 with navi fully loaded.. and now infact my mother now wants to get the new GS430 after she has riden in my car.. she now has a mustang GT that shew lowered but she'll never byu a ford again lol... this is my 5th toyota i'm driving.. i first hada 97 corolla then a 90 celica all-trac, then a 94 camry V6, then a 99 Solara v6 5spd and now And by far the best a 98 GS400... and my dad is planning on buying a LS430 in the near future....we also have an apartment in cairo egypt where if you are out on the balcony (at age 4) you could se the tip of the tallest pyramid but i'm sure the treeline has grown since then and probably i cant see it now... i'm going there this december to see family... thats pretty much all about me... any other questions you can pm me.. hehe '
Old 08-28-09, 09:11 PM
01GS430
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My name is karan. I was born from MA. I live in CT all my life because of school (Crec) I am car nut since 13 years old. I am high school student right now going on second year. I am deaf and i wear cochlear implant since i was about 3 years old and i have older brother is deaf just like me. I can talk normal but my speech isnt perfect.

My father driven various make vehicles. So far, Gs is the best car my family owned. My mom drives 99 sienna le and it has 151k miles. It recently leaks the oil and i get this burning smell. My brother drives an 04 dodge ram hemi quad cab.

I hope my father will get 3rd gen gs350 awd or 460.

I will mod my gs soon.

Last edited by 01GS430; 08-28-09 at 09:16 PM.