GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-04, 02:52 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!

i was going from sf to san jose on sat night, i was on 101 going south when all of a sudden i spoted a huge pot hole in the fast lane there were too many cars around me so i couldnt swerve too much or else i would have hit them. but i tried to swerve anyways and my front tire went into the hole it sounded like i ran over a ladder or something on the freeway. well after i hit the hole truned the wheel a little harder so the back wheel wouldnt fall in as well, by doing that i lost the back end of my car and started spinning on the freakin freeway. i am very lucky that i didnt hit anything or any one my car ended up facing the wrong way in the middle lane on 101. i am soooooooooooooooooooo pissed its not even funny. luckly this is all the damage that happened. just the wheel was damaged they dont know if they can fix it yet, i will know buy the end of the week.
Attached Thumbnails This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!-a-day-in-the-city-053.jpg  
Old 07-20-04, 02:53 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Default Re: This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!

Originally posted by Dee
i was going from sf to san jose on sat night, i was on 101 going south when all of a sudden i spoted a huge pot hole in the fast lane there were too many cars around me so i couldnt swerve too much or else i would have hit them. but i tried to swerve anyways and my front tire went into the hole it sounded like i ran over a ladder or something on the freeway. well after i hit the hole truned the wheel a little harder so the back wheel wouldnt fall in as well, by doing that i lost the back end of my car and started spinning on the freakin freeway. i am very lucky that i didnt hit anything or any one my car ended up facing the wrong way in the middle lane on 101. i am soooooooooooooooooooo pissed its not even funny. luckly this is all the damage that happened. just the wheel was damaged they dont know if they can fix it yet, i will know buy the end of the week.
Attached Thumbnails This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!-a-day-in-the-city-054.jpg  
Old 07-20-04, 02:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh man this freaking sux.... yeah 101 sux... that's why i NEVER (hardly) ride on the fast lane.... it's stupidly bouncing and traps everywhere... slow lane too, sux.... i always just stay in the middle lanes

glad tha tyou didn't hit anything.... i hope you can get the wheel fixed
Old 07-20-04, 03:06 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dayam Dee....that really sux.

Can you make a claim with CA DOT for not fixing them potholes? Is that even possible?

That lip looks messed up.....maybe its easier to just buy a new rim. Good luck tho.

Pete
Old 07-20-04, 03:25 PM
04GS300
Pole Position

Man, right after you took those cool pics I assume. That sucks. That's one good thing about NC is we've got decent roads for the most part, at least where I lurk about. Those are 20s, right?
Old 07-20-04, 03:47 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default oohh...that hurts

Gosh, hate to see a fellow GR5 owner get one of em bent like that. Is the shop going to fix it themselves or are they shipping it out. Shipping out would probably get the best results but also would take forever. Tough break dude.
Old 07-20-04, 05:08 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dee iam 99% sure that wheel can be fixed also find out info from your dmv they are responsibile i had that happen to 1 of my ld1's on my LS and the city paid for a new wheel and tire and alignment so good luck
Old 07-20-04, 06:15 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dee,
responded to your other post, but again, it could of been a lot worse. I think you could file a claim for this pothole. If you need me to take a pic of the pothole, I'll try. Just pm me.

Also repairing that wheel is a no brainer. We've got one of the best wheel repair places in the country. No need to ship it out, when you can go directly to the source that everyone is shipping to. Why pay the mark up.

Have people already forgotten about my wheel repair story??
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=bullet

Since those wheels are special and getting a new one might take weeks, sometimes wheel repair is the best option, especially for those who have wheels that are obsolete models and can't buy replacements.

If Uncle Arnold will pay for the damage, then by all means go get a new rim.
Old 07-20-04, 06:19 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dam....sorry dude....not sure how it works in cally but when i bent a rim in NJ i took pics of the who;e and of my wheels and of my car near the hole and they paid 4 a whole new wheel and tire...i hope they do the same...
Old 07-20-04, 06:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by PHML
Dayam Dee....that really sux.

Can you make a claim with CA DOT for not fixing them potholes? Is that even possible?

That lip looks messed up.....maybe its easier to just buy a new rim. Good luck tho.

Pete
it's possible, but dealing with CA, might not be that easy considering how much debt it is in
Old 07-20-04, 06:51 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Dee,
responded to your other post, but again, it could of been a lot worse. I think you could file a claim for this pothole. If you need me to take a pic of the pothole, I'll try. Just pm me.

Also repairing that wheel is a no brainer. We've got one of the best wheel repair places in the country. No need to ship it out, when you can go directly to the source that everyone is shipping to. Why pay the mark up.

Have people already forgotten about my wheel repair story??
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=bullet

Since those wheels are special and getting a new one might take weeks, sometimes wheel repair is the best option, especially for those who have wheels that are obsolete models and can't buy replacements.

If Uncle Arnold will pay for the damage, then by all means go get a new rim.
hey glen i took the wheel to wheels america i called wheel tec. and they said they use wheels america too so i took striaght there.
Old 07-20-04, 07:01 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Dee...feel fortunate that the wheel damage is all that happened. Spinning out on 101, ending up facing the wrong way, and didn't hit any other vehicle? I know the wheel damage is upsetting but realize that your higher being is looking out for you man! Hopefully your wheel can/will be repaired at Ca.'s expense but that is MINOR compared to what could have happened. I witnessed something similar on 880 when I lived in the bay...only they weren't as fortunate and lucky for me I was on the motorcycle and had enough room on the shoulder to swerve out of the way of the cars that tried to avoid the guy spinning out.
You're fortunate man.
jd
Old 07-20-04, 07:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

wheel technique use wheel america? that gotta be some misunderstanding. as far as i know wheel technique they do all their repair work in house?

Last edited by rominl; 07-20-04 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-20-04, 07:05 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
wheel technique use wheel america? that gotta be some misunderstanding. as far as i know wheel technique they do all their repair work in house?
exactly where is wheel tec. located is it in santa clara on a street starting with the letter e or something?
Old 07-20-04, 08:28 PM
Ditto
Pole Position

Sorry for what happend. Our tax dollars are not spent on repairing pot holes because it stimulates the economy. Without pot holes, the employees of the wheel and tire shops would be out of work. You wouldn't want that do you? Yeah... Right!!

Last edited by Ditto; 07-20-04 at 08:31 PM.

Quick Reply: This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!