GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

what style wheels on a gs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-04, 08:52 PM
F4Luder
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what style wheels on a gs?

ive looked a lot around on this board for wheels and have found some new ones..... i saw lots of cars with katana spazio/diablo's style and some others.... just wanna know if that syle is played out or what you guys think about them.

Also, I am actually in the market for some 20" rims for around 1500-1600 dollars for only the rims. I know a tire dealer and ill buy the tires from him since he gets me huge discount. I want a huge lip on the rims 3.5-4.5 inches if possible. Any suggestions? What rim looks the best on the gs in your opinion? Post pics please

thankx
Old 07-23-04, 09:14 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

The selection of wheel at the price range you're looking at would probably be very limited. There's a chain store here in SoCal called "Rent-A-Wheel" that advertise 20 inch wheels and tires for $1200 for people that wants to buy.
Old 07-23-04, 09:17 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: what style wheels on a gs?

Originally posted by F4Luder
ive looked a lot around on this board for wheels and have found some new ones..... i saw lots of cars with katana spazio/diablo's style and some others.... just wanna know if that syle is played out or what you guys think about them.
Also, I am actually in the market for some 20" rims for around 1500-1600 dollars for only the rims. I know a tire dealer and ill buy the tires from him since he gets me huge discount. I want a huge lip on the rims 3.5-4.5 inches if possible. Any suggestions? What rim looks the best on the gs in your opinion? Post pics please
its all about the compromise you are willing to accept. And what you are willing to pay. In 20" you are going to be hard pressed to find a set of wheels for 1600 with a 3.5" lip. You will hear many "opinions" on brands such as diablo/katana/etc, I let each man do as he pleases. If you want them, go for it and be happy bro.

Post some of the wheels you like and we can tell you what they would cost.
Old 07-23-04, 09:19 PM
F4Luder
Driver

lol well i hope u understood what i was talking about ....... that price is not for the set ...... i was just saying that my budget for 4 rim WITHOUT the tires is around $1600. i hope its a lil more clear this time
Old 07-23-04, 09:21 PM
F4Luder
Driver

from what ive seen, im kindda feeling the katana spazios and iforged techniks .....
Old 07-23-04, 09:24 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Hey D, did you start your own wheel shop? I know of a shop here in SoCal called D-2 *********** that caters to high end imports.
Old 07-23-04, 09:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

lol well i hope u understood what i was talking about ....... that price is not for the set ...... i was just saying that my budget for 4 rim WITHOUT the tires is around $1600. i hope its a lil more clear this time
I did understand:

A set of 20" iForged Techniks can run you 3000-3700 depending on construction, finish, etc etc

Diablo/Katana, etc 20" wheels can be had for about 1700 without tires.

Like I said, its all up to you! Hope this helps somewhat.
Old 07-23-04, 09:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by V8_Aristo
Hey D, did you start your own wheel shop? I know of a shop here in SoCal called D-2 *********** that caters to high end imports.
Yes I am now a wheel vendor. I am going to have a formal "introduction" here on CL in a few weeks, for now I would like people to be able to cruise the site, and get familiar with the "Experience", lol

Yes I know there is a D2-*********** out there, I was actually thinking of using that, but decided against it. There is also a d2autosports.com, but that place sells 400 dollar bodykits. Thats the internet game though!

good to see you back around.
Old 07-23-04, 09:38 PM
F4Luder
Driver

i c ....... so from what you guys have or seen on 2nd gen gs's, what type of rims flow with the body and look good?
Old 07-23-04, 09:39 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by V8_Aristo
Stay tuned.
Old 07-23-04, 09:45 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i c ....... so from what you guys have or seen on 2nd gen gs's, what type of rims flow with the body and look good?
The 2nd Gen GS actuallly looks good with many different types of wheels since it is classy and sporty at the same time. I've seen 5,6,7... spoke wheels, mesh, dish, lips, no lips and they all look great. Just ake sure you get a nice quality wheel to match the quality of the car.

For the wheel specs you want, though, you are looking at the high $2ks for used (unless the seller is desperate ) or easily $3k+ new. I think either you will have to up your budget or change the requirements,: lips, size, finish, ...
Old 07-23-04, 09:55 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Whoa! And Neo's a mod....where the heck have I been!
Old 07-23-04, 10:05 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i say be patient

save up

this way you have more of a choice when it comes time to buy rims

-johnny-
Old 07-24-04, 04:59 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1st off welcome.......2nd i think everyone understood u meant without tires, i think mayb u just didn't understand we we were explaining..most lower end wheels like katana,zenetti,tsw,axis can b had 4 the price range u mentioned...actually the axis mod 7 wheel is close 2 what u requested as far as price and lip availability....its still a little higher but close......u'r best place 2 look 4 a big selection of lesser cost wheelsis www.superbuytires.com , they have loads of wheels in that price range....now finding quality in that range is tough...real tough , like some said most quality wheels new like say 3pc. forged i-forged wheels will run u mid 3k and up just wheels....forget jdm wheels like volk/ work/ zauber/ maya/ with shipping they r in the high 3k range just wheels...even giovanna wheels which aren't great quality r high in cost just wheels....well i hope this helps.....good luck...
Old 07-24-04, 06:36 AM
legendary
Racer

congrats D....I found my answer.

Now, it is cool that you picked up IF with all the problems we have had....that is interesting...possibly a fix for us worrying about getting scammed like that guy last year. Site looks good so far

Quick Reply: what style wheels on a gs?