GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I'm baaaaaaack. With new shoes. (Thanks GS4Will!!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-04, 09:46 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Very nice E, I am glad you decided on getting another GS after the mishap with your black one. As others have said, the car looks very nice, the perfect daily driven, yet modded car!

The lip action is nice, but that rear wing is ugly man, take it off now!!! LOL

Keep up the good work and drive safely
Hey D, he got one of those fake-lipped wheels

Just kiddin' Bruce! You know all I got is mad love for your ride!

I am just trying to play the role of the true deep dish fat lipped wheel police together with D hahahahha......
Old 07-28-04, 11:16 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tight work, glad to see you back in the game... now stay clear of any slidding Semis! just a favor, can you post a pic of a direct behind shot of the ws exhaust... im getting curious as to how that look is.. Thanks, and welcome back!
Old 07-29-04, 12:15 AM
4double0
Driver

Very Nice indeed
Old 07-29-04, 01:13 AM
gsfour
Pole Position

Awesome! It deserves to be in "VIPCAR". Love the wheels...the link you provided also shows a van that is smashed on top of another van with those wheels too. Perhaps I should mount those puppies on my wifeys Odyssey...No, really, I'm serious! I'll tell my wife that all Norcal van driving moms will be envious indeed.

Now I wish I didn't buy a new set of tires for my 18 inchers. I should have used my flat tire a few months back as an excuse to get those 19" AMEs. Damn...lost oppty!
Old 07-29-04, 03:44 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Hey D, he got one of those fake-lipped wheels

Just kiddin' Bruce! You know all I got is mad love for your ride!

I am just trying to play the role of the true deep dish fat lipped wheel police together with D hahahahha......
No man his lips are official! I wish I never said that on that TSW wheel thread, I just am not a fan of that Thruxton. Now people think I'ma lip cop!! LOL Well as I said before, if the spoke covers about 10-40% or so of the lip thats fine, a few JDM wheel companies do that, as well as HRE and Iforged to a certain degree. Now if he came here with a spoke that covered 90% of the lip, and a lip that extended past the center line of the wheel, I would have been calling foul play.

Bruce was cool enough to preview these to me when he ordered them, and I knew it was going to look nice. If I had to drive my GS everyday, this is the exact look I would go for!!

I'm in trouble with this lip stuff eh?
Old 07-29-04, 09:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
No man his lips are official! I wish I never said that on that TSW wheel thread, I just am not a fan of that Thruxton. Now people think I'ma lip cop!! LOL Well as I said before, if the spoke covers about 10-40% or so of the lip thats fine, a few JDM wheel companies do that, as well as HRE and Iforged to a certain degree. Now if he came here with a spoke that covered 90% of the lip, and a lip that extended past the center line of the wheel, I would have been calling foul play.

Bruce was cool enough to preview these to me when he ordered them, and I knew it was going to look nice. If I had to drive my GS everyday, this is the exact look I would go for!!

I'm in trouble with this lip stuff eh?
haha, well, for 1 piece wheel, hey, i got tons of lips, but they are covered by the spokes 100%
Old 07-29-04, 10:10 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Thanks Eric! I love the description you gave of the Apexi exhaust. Time for an upgrade? Who wants an L-tuned exhaust?

Can you post up some pics taken directly from behind at the same level as the bumper so that I can see how the exhaust looks from behind?

One thing I really like about the L-tuned exhaust is the edge of the lips - they are very thick and give a very beefy look to the exhaust.
Old 07-29-04, 06:24 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Really hot!
Old 07-29-04, 06:46 PM
kirby122
Pole Position

i'm with everyone here.... good job!
Old 07-29-04, 07:13 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, so damn clean and sleek!
Old 07-29-04, 08:00 PM
F4Luder
Driver

Default Re: I'm baaaaaaack. With new shoes. (Thanks GS4Will!!)

Originally posted by ebruce2
Well, after totalling one GS and starting all over again, phase one of the "new" GS is finally complete. Leave it to me to take pictures on a rainy day.

Introducing my 2000 GS400 Platinum Edition!
Current mods: Apexi WS catback exhuast, Tanabe Sustec Pro II Coilovers, 19" AME Schrift wheels / Yokohama DNA GP tires

front 19x9 w/245/35/19

rear 19x10 w/27530/19 ----the rears have a 4" lip

GS4Will ordered these wheels from Japan for me and he was just incredible about dealing with all of my questions, concerns, need for advice on wheel choice, etc. William, you are truly an asset to the CL community!! Thank you!

Some other smaller goodies:TRD STB, TTE front lip, Veilside Executive spoiler, TRD CF grille, Alpine IVA-D300 touchscreen head unit, Kicker 700.5 amp, JL door speakers, two 10" Kicker Comp subs, bird's eye maple real wood dash kit, 50% tint on sides, 35% in the back. (Still have yet to decide on a brake setup)

I'm considering some additional aero parts, but anyone who has ever been in Western PA knows that is risky business...potholes, steep hills, etc.

Enjoy!

now thats some nice *** rims ..... love the fat juicy lip ......
Old 07-30-04, 08:06 AM
jcm3
Pole Position

Wheels are NICE!!! Love the lip and the car is cleeeaaannn!!
Old 07-30-04, 04:10 PM
TCwindom
Pole Position

holy cow!

I think i have to go change my pants now...

Old 07-31-04, 10:53 AM
legendary
Racer

Awesome

GS4Will...thanks for taking care of Ebruce....that combo looks hot for real!

Old 07-31-04, 11:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

very very nice clean work def in the top 4 cleanest silvers yourself, bit and snergy and alwilliams ..

Quick Reply: I'm baaaaaaack. With new shoes. (Thanks GS4Will!!)