GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Dealer messed up my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-04, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

norm, check your pm
Old 08-14-04, 11:11 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hum......wow~~ I don't know Mike is like that..... Mike has served me well (even though sometimes he did not respond my phone call). He even gone to some distance for me on some other stuff. Do you want me to call him and ask him exactly what's going on? Let me know please.

Mark

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 08-15-04 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-15-04, 01:09 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened regarding my moms cracked 2000 es300 platinum edition rim. It was due to a defect and those guys were not willing to give her a replacement. As you recall, I made a small scratch next to the crack to gauge it and to make sure it wasn't growing too much. They kept accusing me that the scratch I made had caused the crack which is total bologne. I did not let them push me and my mom around so I fought back.

I called them and told them everything and had many pics for proof. There is this one guy there who is a jerkoff so don't let him push you around. I don't even know why he is still working there....

Speak directly to the head of service at Longo and if they don't help, contact CORPORATE. You do not need to speak to idiots who are making dumb excuses not to help you out and are at the bottom of the food chain. The gentleman who you should talk to is named Larry. I cannot remember his last name at this time, but he is the guy who has the final say in all of this.

After 2 weeks her platinum edition rim was replaced and all is well now. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Bryan

Last edited by Wald GS; 08-15-04 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-15-04, 01:50 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

strshooter: Thats is very odd that Hector is giving you a hard time. I always dealt with him when i take my car to Longo for service. He always takes care of me when i complaint to him. For example i complaint to him about headlight condensation problem, he replace my headlights and gave me a loaner car for the weekend. I complaint about the sunroof rattle, he also gave me a loaner and replace the sunroof visor. I complaint about wind noise comming in front the driver side window, he got me a rental car from enterprise because all the loaner car were out and he replace the weather strip for me. He would always give me a loaner car everytime i go in without the two weeks notice or apointment for a simple oil change. He's the only guy i would go to. Do you want me to give him a call and see what's going on?

Tommy
Old 08-15-04, 10:02 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Smile

Originally posted by Lexus GS3
strshooter: Thats is very odd that Hector is giving you a hard time. I always dealt with him when i take my car to Longo for service. He always takes care of me when i complaint to him. For example i complaint to him about headlight condensation problem, he replace my headlights and gave me a loaner car for the weekend. I complaint about the sunroof rattle, he also gave me a loaner and replace the sunroof visor. I complaint about wind noise comming in front the driver side window, he got me a rental car from enterprise because all the loaner car were out and he replace the weather strip for me. He would always give me a loaner car everytime i go in without the two weeks notice or apointment for a simple oil change. He's the only guy i would go to. Do you want me to give him a call and see what's going on?

Tommy

That's awesome tommy! Do they give you a loaner car for the es250 too? =)
Old 08-15-04, 10:51 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Here are the pictures for the damages:

This is my take: I don't think the damages can be repaired because the lips are anodized. I have tried so many places to see if they can anodized the lips once they are done repairing the wheels, but I have no luck. This is a special process that most JDM wheel manufacturers do to keep those lips maintanence free (instead of waxing occasionally). Any thought? GS4WIL, Manaray, or Peter???

Dave: Thanks for directing me to how to post multiple pictures in one post!

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 08-15-04 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-15-04, 11:19 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, thats looks terrible..I hope they do the right thing and fix or replace the the damaged wheels..Good luck..
Old 08-15-04, 01:30 PM
strshooter
Rookie

Lexusgs3:

Sorry I did not mean to imply that Hector was a bad guy. Hector's only involvement in this
matter is that he wrote the original work order. When I went to pick up my car Wed. evening
he wasn't around it was one of the attendants that had my car washed.

When I took the car back the next morning, Hector was off, that's when I started dealing with
Mike Sanders.

I've had my cars serviced at Longo's for the past 7 years. I've purchased 5 cars from Penski Motors,
this is the first time that I've been mistreated. I've dealt with Perry Roeder (left) and lately Phil Russell, I consider them to be good guys.

I'm upset with this situation because they claim absolutely no reposibility for the damage, even thought
they have a brand new automated carwash system (GSxotic) and that all their detailing people know better than to spray chemical cleaner on wheels because they've damaged wheels in the past.

I appreciate all the feedback and Help from you guys,,,THANKS...

Mark I'll be calling u within the next week or two to order some new wheels since these can't be fixed.

Henry, thanks for the referral.

Guys, the lesson from this is...

NEVER TRUST ANYONE TO DO THE RIGHT THING....ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CAR BEFORE LEAVING THE DEALER.

Thanks again, Norm
Old 08-16-04, 01:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

that's very obvious it's from the chemical of the soap water solution they use to clean the car, when they drip down from the car on the wheel, it eats up the clear coat. most dealership they use very strong cleaner and that's always causing problems.

just a side note, that's why i never ever let them wash my car, no matter how dirty my car is
Old 08-21-04, 12:25 PM
strshooter
Rookie

Angry

UPDATE:

On Monday Aug. 16th, I was contacted by Mike Sanders, he told me that the President of Longo extended
the following offer to resolve the dispute. "Longo was willing to give me a 20% discount from retail on any wheels they had in stock". I told him that this was totally unacceptable...Longo would be profitng from their mistake. He told me that he would email the President with my response: thats the last I've heard from Longo.

On Wed. I filed a formal complaint and claim with Lexus Corporate HQ in Torrance CA. I was total by Corp. that the issue will be resolved by Monday 23rd.

Now as to Longo, I've heard from friends that this is the current attutute of Longo, they want to profit from
their mistakes. So watch yourself when dealing with them.
Old 08-21-04, 12:34 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Default dam

that sux man, i hope it all works out for you and for once they are held accountable for their mistakes if your damage is a result of their negligence
Old 08-21-04, 12:48 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't say with absolute certainty, but the damage appears to be similar to what you'd see if someone sprayed an acid-based wheel cleaner on the wheels and waited too long before rinsing. Those wheels only need a PH balanced mild soap to clean them, anything else is risky. I'm guessing they had someone less than knowledgeable washing cars down on the back lot, - they aren't exactly ASE techs doing that type of work unfortunately.

I hope you can pursue it until you get some satisfaction, and that this serves as a caution to anyone else here that may encounter the same situstion at a dealership or detailer (most detailers will know better).

Good luck
Old 08-22-04, 07:54 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow, Strshooter. I've been following this thread for a while, and that's really too bad, especially given your long history with the dealership. I'm no expert, but it's just so obvious in looking at those pictures that someone sprayed a caustic substance on the wheels, let it sit for too long, and it ate into the finish. And I agree with you that their offer to sell you wheels at a 20% discount is ridiculous, borderline offensive. I would have told them at that point that I'd rather pay full price somewhere else than give them a dime to replace something they ruined. I'd be interested to see what you hear from corporate. Hopefully, someone will step up to the plate on this one and accept responsibility for what they've done. Have you thought about filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau? Sometimes even the threat of that could give you some leverage. However, it sounds like this dealership has been down this road before, and they really don't care, which is too bad. Please keep us posted and let us know how it works out for you.

e-man
Old 08-23-04, 03:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by strshooter
UPDATE:

On Monday Aug. 16th, I was contacted by Mike Sanders, he told me that the President of Longo extended
the following offer to resolve the dispute. "Longo was willing to give me a 20% discount from retail on any wheels they had in stock". I told him that this was totally unacceptable...Longo would be profitng from their mistake. He told me that he would email the President with my response: thats the last I've heard from Longo.

On Wed. I filed a formal complaint and claim with Lexus Corporate HQ in Torrance CA. I was total by Corp. that the issue will be resolved by Monday 23rd.

Now as to Longo, I've heard from friends that this is the current attutute of Longo, they want to profit from
their mistakes. So watch yourself when dealing with them.
honestly i think tht's very retarded of longo. giving you 20% off on wheels that they had in stock? first of all, we are not idiots to know that their cost on the wheels are way less than 20% off retail, and second, why the hell would i want wheels from them?!
Old 08-23-04, 07:55 AM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The same thing happened to me before. The dealer damaged my RH C5's by using some kind of acid spray on the rims and let it dry before rinse it down. I don't have pics but my rims were exact like yours when I picked up my car.

I filed a claim with the service manager, the final deal I got was I can get those rims fixed and the dealership would pick up the tabs. But for those JDM rims, the only way to fix them was to dis-assemble the 3 piece rim, repolish the outer rims and assemble them back together. You'll lose the clearcoat on the outer rim. And the wheel shop was not sure if them could assemble them back as good as factory seal. So I did not get them fixed but sold the set and got myself another set of 20's

Good luck and keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Dealer messed up my wheels