GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

new member...help needed please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-04, 08:14 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new member...help needed please.

Hello, my new brethren...I just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions, as well.

First with a brief intro...I was born and raised in Tampa for the first 29 years of my life, but recently took a great transfer opportunity to Atlanta. I have always put appreciable purchases, like my homes, ahead of my toys. However, I will now be stuck in an apartment for a while , which frees up some major funds to finally buy ( and mod ) the car I have wanted for so long...especially since surfing CL for the last couple of years.

Now for the questions

First, with the new design coming out, would I be able to get a better deal on a 2004 or the short run of 2005s?

Also, does anyone know a quality salesperson at Hennessy Lexus? Not only do I want to make sure I am getting the fairest price, but I would also like to take care of the salespeople have taken care of any of you.

Finally, does anyone in the Atlanta area know about Anderson Audio in Suwanee? I have heard some pretty good words about them and would definitely like to find a reputable local tuner. For anyone who is curious, their website is www.anderson-audio.com.

Sorry to rapid fire these questions off in my first post, but I am anxious to get started.

Thanks in advance for your input and advice...I hope that I will be able to return the favor soon!!!
Old 08-14-04, 08:54 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the club.
Old 08-14-04, 09:01 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

You may also consider an off-lease or slightly used GS. You'd be able to buy it Lexus Certified Pre-Owned, which would give you a warranty beyond 100,000 miles. Not a bad deal. Just thought I'd throw out some ideas...
Old 08-14-04, 09:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus! I'm sure we'll find you a connection at Hennesy, one of our members is a Lexus Master-Tech at that dealer. Another member has had extensive car audio work done at Anderson I believe, and I *think* they also recently did a beautiful SC430 turbo widebody setup. There are a couple of other tuners (Madhavi and Battlground) that the ATL guys like.

If you're looking for a deal, I'd also advise getting one just off of lease as a CPO (certified pre owned).

I'd advise you also to join at www.seloc.net which has a big group of Atlanta local guys. If you are free next weekend, join us at www.lexusdragon.com where we'll have one of the larger SE Lexus events in the NC/TN mountiains and where you can check out a bunch of hooked up GSs.
Old 08-15-04, 09:00 AM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Thanks for puttin' out the welcome mat guys.

As far as CPO versus new, I've considered both. Monthly payments is not an issue...however, if Lexus is willing to move the new ones out a significant discount before the redesign, I'd much rather go that route. I figure I would get exactly what I want, a good jump on the depreciation, and be able to break her in proper from the start.

Dave, thanks for the heads-up on SELOC, and I will try to get up to the mountains next weekend.
Old 08-15-04, 09:28 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: new member...help needed please.

Originally posted by phunkyGS
Hello, my new brethren...I just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions, as well.

First with a brief intro...I was born and raised in Tampa for the first 29 years of my life, but recently took a great transfer opportunity to Atlanta. I have always put appreciable purchases, like my homes, ahead of my toys. However, I will now be stuck in an apartment for a while , which frees up some major funds to finally buy ( and mod ) the car I have wanted for so long...especially since surfing CL for the last couple of years.

Now for the questions

First, with the new design coming out, would I be able to get a better deal on a 2004 or the short run of 2005s?

Also, does anyone know a quality salesperson at Hennessy Lexus? Not only do I want to make sure I am getting the fairest price, but I would also like to take care of the salespeople have taken care of any of you.

Finally, does anyone in the Atlanta area know about Anderson Audio in Suwanee? I have heard some pretty good words about them and would definitely like to find a reputable local tuner. For anyone who is curious, their website is www.anderson-audio.com.

Sorry to rapid fire these questions off in my first post, but I am anxious to get started.

Thanks in advance for your input and advice...I hope that I will be able to return the favor soon!!!
Hi there

Welcome to Cluv Lexus.

A few months ago, I bought a new 2004 GS300. I bought mine for $500 under invoice.

My dealer told me that Lexus no longer produces the current GS models. So you cannot order one from scratch.

I am sure that you can get a great deal on a GS.

But, please make sure that the dealership also has excellent service. I bought mine from Lexus of Manhattan and their service is terrible. They scratched my car, spilled red paint on my trunk, never wash the car, order the wrong parts, etc. The list goes on and on.

Good luck with your pruchase.

-Donald
Old 08-16-04, 07:02 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome dude.....
Old 08-16-04, 04:59 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hello

phunky

welcome to CL

have you check the classifieds

might find a good deal in there

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/for...?s=&forumid=35

johnny
Old 08-16-04, 05:47 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Just wanted to let you guys know...I also posted over on SELOC and 1SICK was able to hook me up with contacts at both Hennessy and AAP.

Thanks again for the welcome and the advice...I should hopefully have a GS430 within the next few weeks and will post up some pics.

Jeff
Old 08-16-04, 09:00 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Good luck with your search!
Old 08-17-04, 04:49 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Just wanted to let you guys know...I also posted over on SELOC and 1SICK was able to hook me up with contacts at both Hennessy and AAP.

Thanks again for the welcome and the advice...I should hopefully have a GS430 within the next few weeks and will post up some pics.

Jeff
You are in good hands, there are some very knowlegable members local to you. Welcome to ClubLexus
Old 08-17-04, 05:35 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

A Club Lexus policy:

When you get a GS, you HAVE TO post pics!!!

-Donald
Old 08-17-04, 11:06 AM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Donald...promise to post'em up as soon as I get her.

D2...It's amazing (on both sites) how willing all the members are to help their fellow Lexus enthusiasts. It's like a huge family. By the way, not jumping the gun too much, but I'll be in contact soon about rims. How's the wait right now on 19" or 20" i-Forged Aeros? Probably going with polished 8.5" fronts and 10" rears.
Old 08-26-04, 11:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Donald...promise to post'em up as soon as I get her.

D2...It's amazing (on both sites) how willing all the members are to help their fellow Lexus enthusiasts. It's like a huge family. By the way, not jumping the gun too much, but I'll be in contact soon about rims. How's the wait right now on 19" or 20" i-Forged Aeros? Probably going with polished 8.5" fronts and 10" rears.
For Polished its 4-6 weeks, I will answer some of your other inquiries via PM.
Old 08-27-04, 04:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus bro!!! As you've already discovered, members on here are just plain awesome!

I have found that it is almost impossible to do the mods that the majority of us do if we did not have the benefit of so much experience that other CL members are always willing to share!

Just be careful to not rush into any of your mod purchases - ask a million questions till you're satisfied that you are happy with whatever decision you make.

For instance, I put on the L-tuned suspension on my car as my first suspension mod. After a year of that, I got bored and replaced that with the Tein Flex Coilover suspension. In hindsight that was probably not such a bad decision as I could not afford the Tein Flex suspension at first (as I had bought a whole bunch of other mods at the same time I got my L-tuned suspension). However, if I had installed the Tein Flex suspension to begin with I would have saved on the installation cost as I had to do it twice. I get a discount on installation - however doing an install twice is still doing it twice regardless of cost.

For the best prices on parts and the best service make sure you check out The Ultimate Lexus Parts Store .

Last edited by Hameed; 08-27-04 at 05:01 AM.

Quick Reply: new member...help needed please.