GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-04, 10:59 PM
chrisgs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teelex,

Did you notice that Fabulous is lips kit not full replacement bumper and what color is your Lex? my is Pearl White and Fabulous look awsome on black. remember post some pics when your kit arrive.
Old 08-20-04, 05:58 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

chrisgs,

Good point about the bumpers, I was assuming they were full replacement, but after reading your post and looking closely it appears you're correct - just add-on lips for the front and rear. I think I'm gonna go with my first choice - the Vertex - hopefully the rear will be ok ( or I will modify it to get a more rounded, smoothed look ). My GS is gold and I would prefer full replacement bumpers if I'm gonna do a full kit. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 08-21-04, 12:25 AM
chrisgs
Driver

Teelex,

i personally think full replacement bumper would be the great choice. my choices for the body kit are Vertex, Fabulous and Sessions. however the fabulous is a lips kit but it just flush so well, you couln't tell. Maybe JDM rear add on kit would flow along with your Vertex side and front, much less angular and you can also make it one piece by molding the lip to the stock rear bumper. Just my thought . Did you order your kit yet? How much and where did you buy it from? Looking foward to see your car and good luck with your order this time. Here is JDM lips, just want to share with you.
Attached Thumbnails Body Kit-jdm-lexus-on-white-rear.jpg  

Last edited by chrisgs; 08-21-04 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-21-04, 07:38 AM
LMSguy
Pole Position

Could someone post some pics of these different kits or point me to a site where I can find them.Thanks.
Old 08-22-04, 12:13 AM
chrisgs
Driver

Here you go! you can check out other kits at Gallery forum

Vertex
Attached Thumbnails Body Kit-vertex-front-angle-on-white.jpg  

Last edited by chrisgs; 08-22-04 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-22-04, 12:18 AM
chrisgs
Driver

Vertex rear
Attached Thumbnails Body Kit-vertex-rear-angle.jpg  
Old 08-22-04, 12:25 AM
chrisgs
Driver

sessions
Attached Thumbnails Body Kit-sessions-aristo-white.jpg  
Old 08-22-04, 03:25 AM
LMSguy
Pole Position

I'm still new to this whole body kit thing but so far I like the sessions front end, I THINK Its the Lportline front end, and the Greddy front lip.And there are a few rear spoilers I like.I dont know If I like the side skirts.
What do you guys think of just a front end and a good looking spoiler???
Old 08-22-04, 06:20 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by LMSguy
I'm still new to this whole body kit thing but so far I like the sessions front end, I THINK Its the Lportline front end, and the Greddy front lip.And there are a few rear spoilers I like.I dont know If I like the side skirts.
What do you guys think of just a front end and a good looking spoiler???

well if u go just front than it might look un even with the sides and rear being higher but it really depends on the size of the front. the greddy lip is huge so it will definately need some sides at least 2 flow better..it u like something very simple and clean than mayb look into a TTE lip.
Old 08-22-04, 10:33 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with bluelex. The TTE would be one of the very few front pieces that can get away with being standalone. Most other front pieces hang lower so they would need a complementary side skirt. I can live with the lines not flowing as well on the rear bumper since it tapers upwards starting at the wheels (although I would prefer a complementary rear replacement also). I just personally do not like having a front piece hang over low and the sides not flowing/lining up with it.

It is all a personal choice, however. There are members here who are perfectly fine with having just a front bumper.
Old 08-22-04, 12:58 PM
LMSguy
Pole Position

I TOTALLY agree with the personal choice thing.Everyones tastes are a little different.

I would like to add just a little to the car to set it off. I just dont like the look of a totally kitted out car.It looks too ricey for me.The key words being FOR ME.

This is my first import car ever and I would get an unbelievable amount of grief from my friends if I ever made my car look like some of the ones I used to make fun of. LOL

I wish there was a post where everyone just showed pics of different bumpers, or spoilers or total kits that way I could just scroll down and check them all out instead of jumping from thread to thread.
Old 08-22-04, 09:52 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by LMSguy
I wish there was a post where everyone just showed pics of different bumpers, or spoilers or total kits that way I could just scroll down and check them all out instead of jumping from thread to thread.
Not quite a single post but this may help:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...=578&password=

Last edited by Neo; 08-22-04 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-22-04, 10:06 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bud,

go check out the gallery link Neo posted. I uploaded like over 40+ pics from my own hard drive of all the various bodykit pics I've collected in the past. Most of them are quite rare and I believe many people here on CL don't have them. It's gonna be hard to locate them, but as always, Steve would your man!
Old 08-23-04, 12:59 AM
LMSguy
Pole Position

Whos Steve?
Old 09-29-04, 06:20 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve ganz

carson toyota

Quick Reply: Body Kit