GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Here! Paging Leon Millette

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-04, 10:19 PM
95Lgnd6Spd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here! Paging Leon Millette

Hey guys - I'm new here... I just picked up a 1998 GS300 in dark green/tan... I love this car - it's so very nice and it's RELIABLE.

I got it in trade for a:

1995 Z28 Camaro
A little bit of money

I got such a good deal on this car, it wasn't even funny... It's just now got 107,700 miles on it, and runs like a brand new car.

Glad to be here!

Pics coming later.

Last edited by 95Lgnd6Spd; 08-19-04 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-20-04, 12:41 AM
LexFather

Welcome to CLublexus. Leon is the moderator "legendary" here. I think u joined SELOC as qwell. I'm sure we will meet at a future meet.
Old 08-20-04, 04:50 AM
95Lgnd6Spd
Driver School Candidate

Hey, I definitely recognize your name (Supraforums and Acura-Legend.com)

Hope to make it to a meet in the future!
Old 08-20-04, 05:04 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

just curious, i was reading your list of cars, Is your 70 Olds 442 a 442 conversion like most you find these days? or the original?

John
Old 08-20-04, 02:12 PM
95Lgnd6Spd
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by JohnGS4
just curious, i was reading your list of cars, Is your 70 Olds 442 a 442 conversion like most you find these days? or the original?

John
It's an original car... the only thing that isn't stock/Olds Modified is the paint, and the Centerline wheels... I'm sure that I can post some pics later on...
Old 08-20-04, 05:40 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome and congrats on the car dude....did the car have the 90k service done? its very important..
Old 08-20-04, 07:31 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

welcome, welcome from one former Legend owner to another (Legendary94GS on the acura-legend forums)
Old 08-20-04, 11:03 PM
rawdog805
Driver School Candidate

well congrats... I will soon be joining the club... as soon as I get the legend Sold...
Old 08-20-04, 11:29 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Please do post pics soon both of your Lex and the Olds !

Oh yeah! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

John
Old 08-21-04, 10:57 AM
95Lgnd6Spd
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys! Of course I recognize my Acura-Legend.com boys; what's up guys!

Rawdog - you won't be disappointed - shoot for a GS! That's what I'd get!

I'm going to post some pics ASAP of my other cars, but it's raining here, and I can't even get outside for a minute without the weather acting up... maybe after the weekend? Who knows...

Thanks for the warm welcome - hope to get some things done to my Lexus ASAP... as for the 90K - the guy that I bought it from said that it was done, but if not, then I'll just do it. I flushed the coolant and switched over to Toyota Red (like in my Supra), and did some basic things (oil change, trans flush, etc...) so it's doing well now.

How can I tell if the timing belt/water pump has been done on these cars? Is it like the Supra? I can just do it myself, because I can do anything on my non-V V T I motor (Supra), so I guess I'll just do the timing belt/water pump myself in the future.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-21-04, 03:18 PM
legendary
Racer

Talking What a surprise! Came in here and saw my name...haahaa

Chris!

Howzit?

What a surprise!! I can only imagine what you have in store for the GS!

Do you still have the MKIV?

Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks
Old 08-21-04, 05:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

95Lgnd6Spd - congrats on the move from Legend to GS! I also made that move a few years back, from a very nice rare dark green Legend 4 door *6 speed* GS! Awesome car, but I didn't look back when I moved to a GS400. Love rear wheel drive.

Anyway, welcome and that's cool you can do all that maintenance yourself. Saves a bunch of money I'm sure.
Old 08-22-04, 01:49 AM
95Lgnd6Spd
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: What a surprise! Came in here and saw my name...haahaa

Originally posted by legendary
Chris!

Howzit?

What a surprise!! I can only imagine what you have in store for the GS!

Do you still have the MKIV?

Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks
Hey Leon!

Yeah, I still have my Supra - I couldn't sell it if I wanted to - it's got way too much done to it to even make it worth selling... racecar, ya know? As for my *new* GS - I'm thinking 19's (in mesh or 5-point) with a huge lip, and some nice suspension work... that's all for now... Later on - 1JZ (I know, some might scream 2J only! but, I've had some friends that have done the swap into MKIII's, and I'm honestly more impressed with the 1J than my 2J in the Supra... don't ask me why!)

Could you keep a lookout and see if anyone's selling some 18/19" wheels that are CONSERVATIVE; perhaps if you find some, or know of someone, then I could swing down there and pick them up locally, chill out, etc... my GS has a long way to go, but it's super-clean, and well-maintained, so that's an excellent start. Tell me your schedule, and I'll make it a point to get down there and chill out for a day or two!
Old 08-22-04, 02:04 AM
LexFather

Default Re: Re: What a surprise! Came in here and saw my name...haahaa

Originally posted by 95Lgnd6Spd
Hey Leon!

Yeah, I still have my Supra - I couldn't sell it if I wanted to - it's got way too much done to it to even make it worth selling... racecar, ya know? As for my *new* GS - I'm thinking 19's (in mesh or 5-point) with a huge lip, and some nice suspension work... that's all for now... Later on - 1JZ (I know, some might scream 2J only! but, I've had some friends that have done the swap into MKIII's, and I'm honestly more impressed with the 1J than my 2J in the Supra... don't ask me why!)

Could you keep a lookout and see if anyone's selling some 18/19" wheels that are CONSERVATIVE; perhaps if you find some, or know of someone, then I could swing down there and pick them up locally, chill out, etc... my GS has a long way to go, but it's super-clean, and well-maintained, so that's an excellent start. Tell me your schedule, and I'll make it a point to get down there and chill out for a day or two!
I'll look out toto. The Atlanta community is very active and since your in TN, the annual Lexus Tail of the Dragon Event is going on currently at Deals Gap.
Looking at your Supra, seems you know what must be done.
Old 08-22-04, 08:48 AM
legendary
Racer

No doubt...I will keep an eye out.

You know, I just sold a set of 19s, but the classified tend to have some good pickings...check that out as well.

I was on vac this week - it would have been perfect had I known. If your email is still the same, I can shoot you some info. You should come to the SELOC meets too.....

Talk to you soon

Quick Reply: New Here! Paging Leon Millette