GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

stuff on ebay . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 12:01 AM
aslowdodge
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default stuff on ebay . . .

I have seen factory look alike rear spoilers for less than 175 painted. Anyone know anything about these and the sellers?

There are also some rims I have seen too which don't look bad and are realtively cheap.

I think the vendors are actually small businesses rather than private sellers? Any thoughts before I buy these items?
Old 08-26-04, 05:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

they are inexpensive for a reason.. they are poorly made replica's.. i know for i bought one last year for my silver gs (may it RIP).

the sizes are usually smaller then oem , they are flimsy and very very light.. i regretted that purchase...spend the few extra dollars and get the real deal , you will be 10 times happier

good luck to ya
Old 08-26-04, 07:30 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a GS spoiler off of my 2000 that I am willing to sell. I just took itoff the car and replaced it with a VS spoiler. ITs millenium silver with the brake light integrated into it. SHoot me a PM if interested.
Old 08-26-04, 06:51 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't order from spoilerdepot! Emailed them 5 times regarding painting and they ignored me. Besides look at their horrible feedback.
Old 09-15-04, 05:25 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Default Excellent experience with SpoilerDepot

I've seen a couple of people post that they had issues with SpoilerDepot service and quality, but I am here to testify that I was very happy with the sales / shipping process and the quality / fitment of the product. You just can't beat SpoilerDepot value.

I purchased the SpoilerDepot spoiler on Ebay shipped for a total of only $195. My spoiler arrived in a week and a half; spoilerdepot emailed a tracking number when it shipped. The spoiler was packaged extrememly well to avoid damage in transit and came with all of the mounting hardware, installation "set" screws, and clear instructions.

The SpoilerDepot paint finish and fitment to the car was excellent. Although I had to drill 4 new mounting holes which paralleled the outside edge of the trunk, the new mounting positions were superior to the spoiler that was on the car.

The spoiler is no "lighter" than the spoiler that was on the car, and is unflappable at high speeds or when closing the trunk. The high quality LED third brake light is integrated into the spoiler just as the OEM piece.

I am a perfectionist so my standards are very high. SpoilerDepot exceeded my expectations. I can't see why anyone in their right mind would pay twice this much money for an OEM Lexus spoiler. I hope that sharing my experience will save someone a few bills as they research replacement / purchase of an OEM spoiler for their 2nd gen GS. PIctures to come soon!
Old 09-15-04, 05:48 PM
gs4rocks
Pole Position

I got my spoiler for GS4 about 4 month ago from SpoilerDepot. It was less than $200 painted and shipped in about 5 days. I'm a very picky when it comes to quality and etc., and the spoiler is just as good as Lexus OEM. It was heavy enough than the trunk will slam down very hard itself after the install. I got the oem replacement trunk tension bar for use with spoiler which fixed that problem. The size is the same as the bigger version of OEM spioler.
Maybe they upgrade their product quality recently. Who knows...
Old 09-15-04, 09:08 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

i bought a spoiler off of ebay with the brake light,painted and it was a great price (Approx. $175 shipped)

The spoiler looked so good that when i brought it to the body shop the guy said that many people come in with spoilers that are either not matched to their cars paint,too small or crack easily and he was saying that sometimes it is better to purchase a OEM spoiler that cost $400 or more like mine, and mine had excellent quality and was in Excellent condition.......

i just laughed, and smiled as i walked away KNOWING i only paid $175 for my OEM look-a-like!

You can buy off of ebay just ask questions just get to "know your seller"!

P.s. I have included a pic if that helps!!
Attached Thumbnails stuff on ebay . . .-1untitled.jpg