GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Problem after lowering my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-04 | 08:30 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by kandygs400
hahaha....i dunno why youre scaring them NT2SHBBY...just have a competent shop install them..and nothing will happen...and if they do mess up the wheel sensor that shop should replace it...i did my own install on my coilovers and everything is fine...no problem to it
no one said nothin bout scaring..I'm just laying it out for them..... Like I said, if you are covered under warranty, don't think twice...

but if you aren't, I'd concern myself with it
Old 08-27-04 | 09:25 AM
undee
Driver

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
yup...I had this SAME problem after my eibach/bilstein install.

It seems if you blow on these things too hard, they blow.

its no biggie if you are under warranty, because they replaced 1 speed sensor and 1 yaw rate sensor, which came to $585 which was covered for me.

if you don't have a warranty, well, then you're stuck.

These sensors are crazy sensitive
Yeah, my car is still under warranty. but I am just worried if theLexus dealer won't cover it because I got aftermarket product installed. and since the shop already tried to correct it using the code/scanner, the Lexus dealer might find out that someone has already tried to fix it. I was told to act stupid and tell them if I stopped by Autozone to find out what it was.
Old 08-27-04 | 09:29 AM
undee
Driver

Originally posted by rominl
read your other thread where i posted my views on it
rominl, the shop has already tried to fix it for 2 hrs, but nothing much could be done. the only choice is to stop by at lexus dealer...
Old 08-27-04 | 09:34 AM
undee
Driver

yeah don't lower your car
NT2SHBBY, after this problem i felt that i would never lower cars anymore. It's like there is so much hidden cost and problem to get your car looks beautiful...
Old 08-27-04 | 09:45 AM
undee
Driver

Guys, actually i was planning to get some pics after the tein installation. but this thing has driven me crazy and i was very tired last night. I don't know that i should be happy to see how my gs looks now or i better get this issue fixed first..... my feelings are mixed with or or whatever...
Old 08-27-04 | 10:13 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by undee
Guys, actually i was planning to get some pics after the tein installation. but this thing has driven me crazy and i was very tired last night. I don't know that i should be happy to see how my gs looks now or i better get this issue fixed first..... my feelings are mixed with or or whatever...
my car went to the dealer for the repair after the install

just play stupid and u'll be fine
Old 08-27-04 | 10:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: damn

Originally posted by blueGS400
i just got my hks LS+ coilovers in the mail, i too am worried about this problem now, where exactly are these sensors located, and does anyone have pictures of them, also any suggestions/tricks on not messing them up while installing coilovers? thanx in advance

mike
i have to chime in here

ntshabby, its not that these cars are so super sensative to modding actually its quite the reverse..the sensor themselves have 2 wires going into them , those wires are held to a small bracket in 2 places . one directly on the shock body and one attached to the inner lower portion of the fender well. both are 10mm bolts. you MUST remove them to give room for the wire assmebly to move when you psh down the steering knuckle to remove strut assemby for the connections are super sentative to straining the wires.. their is no magical trick to doing this . i have have changed susp on my car 3 times at least not to mention so others in fact just did my coilover swap the other day ..

beau , go ahead and do your thing man but just make sure the shop knows to remove the mounting brackets in BOTH spots to relieve the tension.

as far the vibration issue , it has little to do with modding , it is a design problem from factory in fact since i have added all the bracing and changed out my castor arms my car is vibration free (ask johnee78 he rode with me the other day and felt nothing)
Old 08-27-04 | 10:41 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

glad to know im not screwed...basically make sure the mods are done right and everything will be cool...thx lex and all
Old 08-27-04 | 11:30 AM
Neo
The One

Just make sure the shop has worked on GSes before. I've had my suspension swapped out 3 times and no problems. (Well, 1 does not count since the dealer did it and they'd better know what they are doing. )
Old 08-27-04 | 11:03 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Default Re: Re: damn

Originally posted by lexforlife
i have to chime in here

ntshabby, its not that these cars are so super sensative to modding actually its quite the reverse..the sensor themselves have 2 wires going into them , those wires are held to a small bracket in 2 places . one directly on the shock body and one attached to the inner lower portion of the fender well. both are 10mm bolts. you MUST remove them to give room for the wire assmebly to move when you psh down the steering knuckle to remove strut assemby for the connections are super sentative to straining the wires.. their is no magical trick to doing this . i have have changed susp on my car 3 times at least not to mention so others in fact just did my coilover swap the other day ..

beau , go ahead and do your thing man but just make sure the shop knows to remove the mounting brackets in BOTH spots to relieve the tension.

as far the vibration issue , it has little to do with modding , it is a design problem from factory in fact since i have added all the bracing and changed out my castor arms my car is vibration free (ask johnee78 he rode with me the other day and felt nothing)
just follow the above instructions i installed mine at my house and as long as you remove the 2 10mm bolts especially on the inner fender you WILL BE FINE so go ahead with your install and dont be afraid to do the DIY yourself and save some cash
Old 08-28-04 | 12:42 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

GUyz i dont agree with ntshabby.. Today i juss had my espelir springs installed on my car. This is the second time i'm modding my suspension and so far havent encounter any problem. LIke lexforlife has mentioned on the previous thread. GO to a competent shop that knows what they are doing and you should be fine.

Tommy
Old 08-28-04 | 03:40 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lexus GS3
GUyz i dont agree with ntshabby.. Today i juss had my espelir springs installed on my car. This is the second time i'm modding my suspension and so far havent encounter any problem. LIke lexforlife has mentioned on the previous thread. GO to a competent shop that knows what they are doing and you should be fine.

Tommy
The guy that did my suspension install is a Lexus certified master-tech who is also ASE certified and now has his own shop. but yeah, he's incompetent
Old 08-28-04 | 07:58 AM
undee
Driver

The guy that did my suspension install is a Lexus certified master-tech who is also ASE certified and now has his own shop. but yeah, he's incompetent
I agree with you, the guy did mine also has done a lot of GS suspension installation. Well, the earliest possible to check with the lexus dealership is tuesday...wish me luck
Old 08-28-04 | 03:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

there's no doubt in my mind you will break it, as I think most everyone has.
I'd say that's a massive overstatement. I've only read of a couple of people having speed sensor problems after changing out suspension components.

When I went to Tein coilovers, no problems at all.
Old 08-28-04 | 03:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Well he's obviously incompetent if he broke your speed sensor or cabing.

Quick Reply: Problem after lowering my car