GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Problem after lowering my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 10:52 PM
undee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem after lowering my car

Hi all,

I just had the Tein CS installed in my car and after that something bad happened again. The problem appeared after all of the coilovers being installed. It was the time to do some test drive. The guy who installed the coilovers started the engine, and then the ABS and VSC indicator were on. At first, the guy thought that it could be solved using the diagnostic scanner. After trying to do that for a while, he then realized that the ABS fiber optics sensor might have been damaged. But there was no visible damage appeared at the ABS sensor.
Anybody had the same situation before? I need some help with this...

Thanks
Old 08-26-04, 10:58 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes he put stress on the abs sensor cinfulxgs4 just had this same problem you might wanna pm him to see how he remidy the problem i think he had to buy new abs sensors ?? somewone please correct me if iam wrong

Last edited by lexusondubs; 08-26-04 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-27-04, 12:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

read your other thread where i posted my views on it
Old 08-27-04, 04:30 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup...I had this SAME problem after my eibach/bilstein install.

It seems if you blow on these things too hard, they blow.

its no biggie if you are under warranty, because they replaced 1 speed sensor and 1 yaw rate sensor, which came to $585 which was covered for me.

if you don't have a warranty, well, then you're stuck.

These sensors are crazy sensitive
Old 08-27-04, 06:11 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

Anyone have more details or pictures of these sensors? im goign to be heading to my friends shop in a couple of weeks to install my coilovers and now im kinda scared!

T
Old 08-27-04, 06:35 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by tmasta
Anyone have more details or pictures of these sensors? im goign to be heading to my friends shop in a couple of weeks to install my coilovers and now im kinda scared!

T
there's no doubt in my mind you will break it, as I think most everyone has.

My suspension was installed by a Lexus master tech who told me he wasn't surprised when it blew because he told me he used to replace them like it was an oil change.

If you aren't covered, I would think twice unless you have no problem dropping $455 for the speed sensor, assuming JUST THAT blows, and nothing else
Old 08-27-04, 07:20 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

does this ALWAYS happen? i dont wanna have to pay an extra 500 when i lower my car...any way to avoid this?
Old 08-27-04, 07:25 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

how did u get it covered under warranty? im suuure the dealerships around here will try to pull the ol not factory suspension blah blah ...
Old 08-27-04, 07:36 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by tmasta
how did u get it covered under warranty? im suuure the dealerships around here will try to pull the ol not factory suspension blah blah ...
nope Lexus dealers are the most lenient of people to accept mods

what I did-just go there play stupid

say "I was driivng around and all of a sudden the ABS & VSC lights(or whatever happens to your car-this is what I got) came on"
Old 08-27-04, 07:37 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by beauphus
does this ALWAYS happen? i dont wanna have to pay an extra 500 when i lower my car...any way to avoid this?
yeah don't lower your car
Old 08-27-04, 07:39 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

are you serious? so no matter what when i lower my car these sensors are gonna go and cost me 500 if i dont have a warranty? thats BS...please clarify
Old 08-27-04, 07:46 AM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Default damn

i just got my hks LS+ coilovers in the mail, i too am worried about this problem now, where exactly are these sensors located, and does anyone have pictures of them, also any suggestions/tricks on not messing them up while installing coilovers? thanx in advance

mike
Old 08-27-04, 07:46 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by beauphus
are you serious? so no matter what when i lower my car these sensors are gonna go and cost me 500 if i dont have a warranty? thats BS...please clarify
I'm telling you....these cars are sensitive to mods.....almost everyone on here who has modded their cars has a vibration at highway speed--this isn't from stock stuff either.

same thing goes with suspension.

expect if you mod something, something else will ALWAYS suffer, thats just the way modding goes.

like if you want 19's, suffer a harder ride and more prone to blow-outs, bends.

if you want coilovers, suffer a harder ride, negative camber, and alignments that are tough to get right.
Old 08-27-04, 08:26 AM
kandygs400
Rookie

hahaha....i dunno why youre scaring them NT2SHBBY...just have a competent shop install them..and nothing will happen...and if they do mess up the wheel sensor that shop should replace it...i did my own install on my coilovers and everything is fine...no problem to it
Old 08-27-04, 08:26 AM
ikankoi
Driver

i dont think it always happens... ive had suspension job twice, once for the eibach last year and like 3 weeks ago for the espelir, and i didnt have it done on the dealer, just some independent autoshops...no lights on VSC/ABS and i know for sure they are working fine... just got the VSC on last night when i did hard cornering... or im just lucky?

Quick Reply: Problem after lowering my car