GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Finally, decent wholesome sunset pics of the car

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-04 | 01:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i like it a lot!

i am at work now but tonight i will take a closer look and give more comments
Old 08-31-04 | 01:29 PM
baby_lexie
Driver School Candidate

nice clean look..
Old 08-31-04 | 01:46 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

your car came out sweet, auto couture wheels are awesome too.
Old 08-31-04 | 01:54 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Jon..........you showoff!!!!!
Old 08-31-04 | 06:28 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys!

Undee, yeah I still got the stock shocks and H&R up front coz I blew my HKS.....

Last edited by jtanoyo1; 08-31-04 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-31-04 | 06:29 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Hey JT, everything is looking great...I was expecting to see some minor fitment flaws...but it looks to me that everything is fitting like a glove just like stock....I noticed even the wing has an indention below it to fit the stock "L" emblem in the appropriate location.....

besides the fact that im jealous....I really like what you have done! great job ....great car.....great member to CL for providing us with pics and a step-by-step process of what it means to be overly compulsive about our cars...
Old 08-31-04 | 06:31 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Originally posted by lexforlife
jon

simply speechless.. by far in the top 3 best silver gs on clublex.. in all honesty i cant seem to stop looking at these pics, makes me wonder sometimes why i went to black (and all the headaches) and not the pretty and sporty silver

great job
stand tall,

say it loud.

im black.

and im proud!
Old 08-31-04 | 06:33 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by PandaGS430
Hey JT, everything is looking great...I was expecting to see some minor fitment flaws...but it looks to me that everything is fitting like a glove just like stock....I noticed even the wing has an indention below it to fit the stock "L" emblem in the appropriate location.....

besides the fact that im jealous....I really like what you have done! great job ....great car.....great member to CL for providing us with pics and a step-by-step process of what it means to be overly compulsive about our cars...
Hey Panda, it definitely means a lot to me coming from one of my favorite cars' owner on CL! I told you I am real **** when it comes to my car. The indentation at the back of the ducktail was done by the shop because they thought they wanted the stock "toyota" emblem to go back on the trunk. I ended up smoothen the **** out but the indentation is still there. Another signature for me, i guess??
Old 08-31-04 | 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

that's very nice jon. i have been drooling over the couple of pics a lot tonight. the front is very nice imho, very nicely put and te lines are very nice. the sides are good too, maybe it can use some more defined lines, now it's a bit too smooth i guess.

the door caps are a big plus. though thats probably also the part i don't like omst, coz' it comes out quite a bit and the upper part of the door actually starts to cave in already, making it kinda weird in certain angles

the rear i like it a lot, the lines are very nice, better than a lot of kits i have seen. i kinda wonder what it would look with other exhuast though, coz' now obviously it's only for your exhaust setup

the rear wing is ok. looks to me that the center part dips down a bit for some reason?

overall, a++ )
Old 08-31-04 | 10:21 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

Jon, very nice outcome you got there. We all are in envy of your car. By the way, your radiator looks bigger than mine? What's up with that?
Old 08-31-04 | 10:29 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
that's very nice jon. i have been drooling over the couple of pics a lot tonight. the front is very nice imho, very nicely put and te lines are very nice. the sides are good too, maybe it can use some more defined lines, now it's a bit too smooth i guess.

the door caps are a big plus. though thats probably also the part i don't like omst, coz' it comes out quite a bit and the upper part of the door actually starts to cave in already, making it kinda weird in certain angles

the rear i like it a lot, the lines are very nice, better than a lot of kits i have seen. i kinda wonder what it would look with other exhuast though, coz' now obviously it's only for your exhaust setup

the rear wing is ok. looks to me that the center part dips down a bit for some reason?

overall, a++ )
Now if that's not a constructive criticism, I don't know what is! But that's exactly what I look for in any comment. No wonder you are a mod, bro!

Anyway, about the door caps: Both the shop and I noticed that the upper part doesn't really start caving in until almost at the top of the chrome line. I just told them to smooth it out toward the bottom so it doesn't look too caved in. I also told them not to make it extreme like the IMC kit because that's just *cough* ghey. Anyway, the end result is an almost stock looking door caps, even BitKahuna didn't know that the doorcaps were already replaced!

About the rear wing: The center part dips a little towards to middle because I want a little flair just to be different. They made me a few different types and I like this the best because the flat ones are too boxy looking and too stiff, not very Aristo-like.

About the rear bumper: Nah, don't worry about the exhaust outlet, it should be pretty standard as with all other exhausts. Mine's the RSR exhaust that has the same outlet placement as the TRD (my previous exhaust) and HKS (seen on other cars).

All in all, thanks a lot bro!

Old 09-01-04 | 01:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Now if that's not a constructive criticism, I don't know what is! But that's exactly what I look for in any comment. No wonder you are a mod, bro!

Anyway, about the door caps: Both the shop and I noticed that the upper part doesn't really start caving in until almost at the top of the chrome line. I just told them to smooth it out toward the bottom so it doesn't look too caved in. I also told them not to make it extreme like the IMC kit because that's just *cough* ghey. Anyway, the end result is an almost stock looking door caps, even BitKahuna didn't know that the doorcaps were already replaced!

About the rear wing: The center part dips a little towards to middle because I want a little flair just to be different. They made me a few different types and I like this the best because the flat ones are too boxy looking and too stiff, not very Aristo-like.

About the rear bumper: Nah, don't worry about the exhaust outlet, it should be pretty standard as with all other exhausts. Mine's the RSR exhaust that has the same outlet placement as the TRD (my previous exhaust) and HKS (seen on other cars).

All in all, thanks a lot bro!

haha thanks for not comig over to kill me man. i just say what i think, but the bottom line, for a kit that's made from scratch, you can't ask for more!

about the door caps, how about making another caps on top of the upper one as well? wont' that solve all the problem then? bling bling bling...

about the rear wing, point well taken. as long as that's what you looking for, you achived that to perfection i say. coz' people can see it dips down a bit, but it's not like people would go "ah see, this is ugly". good job!

do you still have the trd exhaust btw?

oh, i also noticed that you probably raised the car up a tad to clear the kit more easily huh? i am curious if you scrap with your new kit already? maybe you shoul djust go 20s man, that's another 1" clearance for you, not a bad idea. after i went to 20s i feel a lot more comfortable going around
Old 09-01-04 | 02:02 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
haha thanks for not comig over to kill me man. i just say what i think, but the bottom line, for a kit that's made from scratch, you can't ask for more!

about the door caps, how about making another caps on top of the upper one as well? wont' that solve all the problem then? bling bling bling...

about the rear wing, point well taken. as long as that's what you looking for, you achived that to perfection i say. coz' people can see it dips down a bit, but it's not like people would go "ah see, this is ugly". good job!

do you still have the trd exhaust btw?

oh, i also noticed that you probably raised the car up a tad to clear the kit more easily huh? i am curious if you scrap with your new kit already? maybe you shoul djust go 20s man, that's another 1" clearance for you, not a bad idea. after i went to 20s i feel a lot more comfortable going around
Doorcaps: Hmm, the point of door panels is just to fill up the bottom 1/2 of the doors. I don't see how it's feasible to make upper door panels?

Rear wing: Thanks!

TRD exhaust: Sold to my friend with the IMC widebody kit.

Raising my car: Nope, the back is still 3/4 of the way down to the end. The front is on stock shocks and H&R springs since I blew my HKS fronts. That's probably why the car looked a lil higher.

20s wheels: I am broke, after what I just spent on my "next mod".
Old 09-01-04 | 02:37 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Jon....love this kit man!! Great job!! Very VIP and aggressive looking at the same time.

Yah...everytime I see pics of this kit and ride....I start to get teary-eyed.

Your last mods is gonna be off the hook...i bet.

Pete