GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexus wheels got stolen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-04 | 09:45 AM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Angry Lexus wheels got stolen!!!

My all 4 Lexus OEM wheels got stolen!!!

They were putting at my carport area and the next thing I know is they are gone!

It happened yesterday and I reported to police this morning.

While I'm so enjoying my new wheel, this incident happened

Do you think insurance will cover my lost?

sigh ...
Old 08-31-04 | 10:17 AM
ias
Pole Position

they should cover it no problem
Old 08-31-04 | 10:52 AM
Tranman

Hmmmm...since it wasn't ON the car...I don't know if auto insurance would pay for it. Maybe homeowner/renter insurance might.
Old 08-31-04 | 10:57 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

i really doubt insurance will cover this since the wheels were not on the car. but i hope everything works out ok, sorry for this unfortunate incident
Old 08-31-04 | 11:00 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Oooooo....that sux bro.

I agree with Tranman....if it was on the car...and the jacked up ur ride to take the wheels....then yes...insurance will cover it.

But if it was lying around in the carport area....its considered personal property....I hope you got personal property insurance. Homeowners insurance usually includes: liability, hurricane, tornado, fire, flood, etc...depending where u live. Basically it insures things attached to the house. It may NOT cover these wheels.

Good luck...i hope the cops catch these SOBs.

Pete
Old 08-31-04 | 11:04 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

just tell them they were on the car....
Old 08-31-04 | 11:10 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
First, I AM SOOO SORRY FOR YOUR LOST MAN!

Here is my two cents, I would do this... But ethic issue is something I can't pass up man!
Good luck, don't forget insurance company will get the police report where the cops stated that the wheels were stolen off the carport, instead of the vehicle itself. Try it but keep in mind insurance fraud will only hurt you and us all in the end.

Thanks

Last edited by chuckisc; 08-31-04 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-31-04 | 11:13 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by chuckisc
I would do this... But ethic issue is something I can't pass up man!
Good luck, don't forget insurance company will get the police report where the cops stated that the wheels were stolen off the carport, instead of the vehicle itself. Try it but keep in mind insurance fraud will only hurt you and us all in the end.

Thanks
u think ethics comes into play as the insurance company takes your $3000 away when you signup for the policy??

Chris Rock said it best about insurance "Insurance should be called In Case ***** happens. If you don't have an accident at the end of the year, shouldn't you be able to get your money back??"
Old 08-31-04 | 11:27 AM
ias
Pole Position

i must of read wrong i didnt realize they were off..... homeowners!
Old 08-31-04 | 11:36 AM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

I don't have renter insurance

I should have them locked up as soon as they got off the car.

I thought my area is pretty good, so i just left them in a box. Good that my car was not there, otherwise my new wheels will be the next target.
Old 08-31-04 | 11:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

u think ethics comes into play as the insurance company takes your $3000 away when you signup for the policy??
Yes.
Old 08-31-04 | 11:39 AM
JERS69
Driver

Chris Rock said it best about insurance "Insurance should be called In Case ***** happens. If you don't have an accident at the end of the year, shouldn't you be able to get your money back??"

People always think twice when they have an accident and the insurance company is paying out. If you are sick of what you pay for insurance then take the bus or self insure. Not intended to NT2SHBBY, just to people in general. I have a customer that caused an accident, ha pays about 3000 per year. Insurance company has paid out 75000 so far on the claim, he's not *****ing now. He used to complain every month when he made his payment. Now he is happy as pie, sends it in. Didn't even complain about the rate increase for the renewal. hmmmm
Old 08-31-04 | 11:47 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by JERS69
People always think twice when they have an accident and the insurance company is paying out. If you are sick of what you pay for insurance then take the bus or self insure. Not intended to NT2SHBBY, just to people in general. I have a customer that caused an accident, ha pays about 3000 per year. Insurance company has paid out 75000 so far on the claim, he's not *****ing now. He used to complain every month when he made his payment. Now he is happy as pie, sends it in. Didn't even complain about the rate increase for the renewal. hmmmm
thats all fine and dandy...but what about guys like me who don't ***** about paying $3k a year for insurance and then one day someone clips you and they turn around and complain about $1k worth of damage

It's a catch 22 I tell ya
Old 08-31-04 | 03:24 PM
JERS69
Driver

I hate seeing claims from people that have like $700 damage. They claim it because they have a $500 deductible, they do not understand that they will pay more in rate increases over the next 6 months then if they just paid it. Now on the other hand my cousin had her civic si stolen and stripped. She was worried that she was not going to get the 12,900 high blue book out of it. She got a check for 14,100. A CLAIM is a CLAIM, whether it is 50.00 or 300,000 same thing.
Old 08-31-04 | 03:43 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default stolen wheels

I really hope you're kidding. Sooner or later, liars and cheaters regret their actions. LOL No offense.

A co-worker got her stock GS wheels stolen right off the car in a nice upscale neighborhood. My first thought was....who the heck would risk jail for stock wheels? Another GS owner I who's too cheap to buy their own guess.

Quick Reply: Lexus wheels got stolen!!!