GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Which body kit would you choose?
Junction Produce
55.88%
Wald Executive
44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Wald Executive or Junction Produce

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-05, 06:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ASIK
definitely JP!
beside, the cost to put back to stock is a lot cheaper than lips.
if u use lips, u must paint the stock bumper again, at the end is almost the same price as full bumper. but is just my opinion. hehehe
why would that be?!?! lip kits are cheaper, and i didn't have to paint my bumper at all when i paint my lips. just color match the lips to the bumper
Old 05-22-05, 07:59 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
why would that be?!?! lip kits are cheaper, and i didn't have to paint my bumper at all when i paint my lips. just color match the lips to the bumper
I think what he is saying is when you return the car to stock it is easier if you have a full bumper replacement to put the stock bumper back on. If you do a lip kit then you have to remove the lip and repaint the stock bumper because the adhesive will damage/remove the stock paint.

Does the adhesive they use remove the stock paint when you remove the lip kit? I have heard some people say with the TTE lip the adhesive removed paint from the bumper
Old 05-22-05, 08:03 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lightwave76
I've actually have not purchased either kit yet... So the search continues.
would you be interested in buying a JP kit ??
Old 05-22-05, 09:00 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I really love the JP kit. But I wish you good luck if you decide to order it. I ordered my JP spoiler back on JUNE 2004. Up till this day i havent received my damm spoiler . So if i were you i'll do custom molded wald kit. It will look sick!!!
Old 05-22-05, 09:37 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
I really love the JP kit. But I wish you good luck if you decide to order it. I ordered my JP spoiler back on JUNE 2004. Up till this day i havent received my damm spoiler . So if i were you i'll do custom molded wald kit. It will look sick!!!

i believe your name is Tommy

what happened to you and the others really didnt do much for the Junction Produce reputation

but let me ask you ....what do you think it would take to make it respectable on CL again

I for one still love the product ....and would like to be able to get it

i think that if the product was here in the USA and you were able to get it within a couple of days

or if there was a way you could totally be sure that you could get it with a quoted time frame

i think that would do wonders

thoughts ??
Old 05-22-05, 10:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I think what he is saying is when you return the car to stock it is easier if you have a full bumper replacement to put the stock bumper back on. If you do a lip kit then you have to remove the lip and repaint the stock bumper because the adhesive will damage/remove the stock paint.

Does the adhesive they use remove the stock paint when you remove the lip kit? I have heard some people say with the TTE lip the adhesive removed paint from the bumper
why do you need adhesive to install it? my ugo kits it fits right on with no adhesive at all? same with the wald, it fits very good and tight?

plus, if it's just adhesive, you should be able to take them off without damanging the paint
Old 05-22-05, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
i believe your name is Tommy

what happened to you and the others really didnt do much for the Junction Produce reputation

but let me ask you ....what do you think it would take to make it respectable on CL again

I for one still love the product ....and would like to be able to get it

i think that if the product was here in the USA and you were able to get it within a couple of days

or if there was a way you could totally be sure that you could get it with a quoted time frame

i think that would do wonders

thoughts ??
yeah i think that will work wonders, but the question is, is that realistic? imho, no. problem with jp, and a lot of other companies in japan, is that things are made to order. so unless you have a lot of dough here to open up a shop and being able to STOCK stuff, then maybe you can order them and people don't ahve to wait. but otherwise, you are at the mercy of paying the money, order them, and then wait for japan to make it, and then ship it over. that's if everything goes smooth
Old 05-22-05, 10:31 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

JP spoiler is here in the states for quite a while. Got responds from John that the spoiler will be shipped out, but never happpened. all promises were never kept.

Tom
Old 05-22-05, 11:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

JP spoiler is here in the states for quite a while. Got responds from John that the spoiler will be shipped out, but never happpened. all promises were never kept.

Tom
i am just curious, tommy, how do you know that the spoiler is here in the US already?
Old 05-23-05, 03:42 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Henry: i PMMed you!!
Old 05-23-05, 04:00 AM
gowest
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that Wald also make Full kits for GS.

JP is extremely very expensive as far as I know.

Wald full kits will be a good choice.
Old 05-23-05, 07:20 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JP got my vote
Old 05-23-05, 08:31 AM
ASIK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
why do you need adhesive to install it? my ugo kits it fits right on with no adhesive at all? same with the wald, it fits very good and tight?

plus, if it's just adhesive, you should be able to take them off without damanging the paint
one of my friends use wald kit in E class, and they used adhesive to fit it in. and when he want to remove it, the bumper crack and the paint on the bumper was damaged also.
coz the paint shop that fitted his kit, used adhesive, they just want to make it safe that the kit stick in. although they know already that the kit fits perfectly.
maybe he just got a bad luck. hehe. its good for you, it didnt happen to you. hehe
btw, what does UGO kit look like?
Old 05-23-05, 09:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Henry: i PMMed you!!
replied you, tommy
Old 05-23-05, 09:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ASIK
one of my friends use wald kit in E class, and they used adhesive to fit it in. and when he want to remove it, the bumper crack and the paint on the bumper was damaged also.
coz the paint shop that fitted his kit, used adhesive, they just want to make it safe that the kit stick in. although they know already that the kit fits perfectly.
maybe he just got a bad luck. hehe. its good for you, it didnt happen to you. hehe
btw, what does UGO kit look like?
gotcha my ugo is kinda rare i guess, only one in the US

take a look at my gallery, i got a lot of pics of my car there

Quick Reply: Wald Executive or Junction Produce