GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

is l-sportline bilstein shock as same as bilstein sprot shock ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-01, 05:14 PM
lawgs300

Question

HI! everyone ..

i had a gs300.. and i changed my spring to H&R .. but i am still using my stock shock ! however, i saw that many of our members using "bilstein shock"...

so, i went to a store call "sprewell racing" in san gabriel... they said that the bilstein company doesn't just sell the shock alone.... i have to order the whole suspension system from L-sportline( which 4 shocks and 4 springs) .. and it cost $1200 around...

however, i also saw the Rod millien web site sells the bilstein shock for $ 553... and gt autosport web site sells same shock for just $473...

so, it's contradiction to the saleman who just told in the store... i am confused about this shocks !!!!!!
is the l-sportline bilstein shock different with the one just $473 ????

i also check the bilstein official site that they don't even have application on Lexus car ?????

therefore, have someone had experience about changing the stock shock to bilstein ?

and is the bilstein can really put on gs300 ???

and how much the price range for changing the shock ?

thanks for all inputs.....
Old 04-13-01, 06:27 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The salesman at Sprewell is wrong, or trying to rip you off. Bilstein sells the sport shocks alone like you saw on the RMM and GT sites. The L-Sportline Bilsteins are supposedly tuned with the L-Sportline springs. The Bilstein sport shocks apply to the GS300/400 series. The price you saw is about the range.
Old 04-13-01, 09:38 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb the SHOCKS

the shocks from the l-sportline are made by the bilsteins.
how is the ride and quality, i do not know, becayuse not many people/members ahve them. is it the cost factor? i think so. for $1000, you might as well get the coiloevrs and have all the fun you are entitiled to for spending the $$$.
LAW, you have a nice ride, i am SURPRISED that you ahve the performance springs but no SHOCKS to match tthe more aggressive spring rate. bilstein tech guys apologised for their site-too obsolete. the bilsteins sport model actually fit the gs300/400, as both share the same geometry. on the bilsteins, there are actually toyota emblem etched on them, so this show that Bilsteins is actually the oem for toyota's TTE in japan. i think we can conclude that if toyota trusts BILSTEINS, we should not have a problem

if you are happy with the guy who changed the springs for you, go to him after you get the shocks. or look up todd at www.tmengineering.net, he is our sc guru, located in carson, he will do it for you at a reasonable price. i replied your private message.