GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

A quick pic of my ride.....BUSTED UP

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-04, 03:31 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by PandaGS430
thanks for the kind words guys, I really need them at this point....sigh....

you guys dont see it but the car actually hit my headlight too...there is a big white scuff mark on my lens... the scuff is actually pretty deep... and Im not completely sure but I think there is a hairline crack in my housing... if so...i could always seal it up but there will be moisture issues in the future im sure. so replacing it would be in my best interest...who knows? .. anywho insurance will take over at this point and I will be damned if I let this get to me...by EOS i WILL have my car back to pristine order.
Good luck getting everything back together by the EOS Meet. As several mentioned, at least it seems to have been isolated to the fender and headlight.

As bad as it seems, if it was a pickup or other large SUV, it's possible they did not even know they hit you. Not making excuses, but it looks like they hit a soft area that would not provide much "feedback".
Old 09-06-04, 03:38 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks.... i just had a hit and run a few days ago also. Some white car got my rear bumper.... it looks like its just cosmetic for me. I dont think a new bumper is necessary but damnit I might as well be bodykit shopping!!! plus some bird from hell shat on my hood and the thing ate through so quickly! by the end of the day I washed it off ....wetsanded... waxed....buffed and the bird residue is still there!!! *Egadz* things are sucking.....

btw what shop are you having your repairs done at? I'm in need of a shop also and am looking for more options as I might just opt to paint my whole car.

btw does anyone know how much to paint the whole car would cost? I'm looking for some nice deep luster type black..... kinda like the BMW Carbon Black..... something where swirls wouldn't show so much. A Black pearl would be awesome!!!

pS I have extra headlights if you need panda..... I'm going to retrofit some headlights soon so my headlights on my car right now wont be needed in the near future.
Old 09-06-04, 03:56 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn....

ouch!!! sorry to see the damage and hear the bad news. it's cliche' to say it could have been worse but it really could have. good luck on your repairs and getting everything looking NICE again. i'm sure you'll put that insurance money to good use. =)
jd
Old 09-06-04, 05:55 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

I had something similar happen to me on another vehicle of mine. I would look around your office parking lot for a white vehicle with black paint on it...
Old 09-06-04, 07:52 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

That'll buff right out...

I couldnt resist. Seriously though.. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old 09-06-04, 10:02 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Post a $ reward at work leading to the individual that hit you, could see some good results.
Old 09-06-04, 10:11 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

HATERS!!!! Why do people disrespect our cars like that???!!!!!!

Judging from this photo, there's a little paint missing. I would search the parking lot for weeks, hours on end until I found out which of my fellow employees was responsible (awaiting a beat down!).

Last edited by TwentyTen; 09-06-04 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-06-04, 10:23 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

wow..sorry bro..glad the Equips did not get busted up
Old 09-07-04, 08:13 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

that sucks, man. Time to go into "terminate" mode!! Hunt this person down!
Old 09-07-04, 08:28 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Panda-where did you get that carbon fiber hood?! Looks nice. Was it a pain in the butt to get it installed right. How much $.
Hope you find the rat bastard
Thanks
Old 09-07-04, 11:54 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Get all your men to search every outhouse, every floor, every car, truck, bike bumpers. Leave no stone unturned. Sorry, bad impression of Tommy Lee in The Fugitive. Good luck and find that bastard The reward thing sounds like a good idea.
Old 09-07-04, 12:08 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Angry damn haters

Sorry to hear about the hit & run. About 2 months ago someone in a Truck pick-up backed up & put a grapefruit size hole in my QUEST Carbon fiber & fiberglass bumper. It was hit & run in a parking too.
Some witnesses saw the whole thing but the guy sped off before someone could get a plate #. It took my body shop guy almost 2 weeks to get her back into shape. Friggin mother-fathers!!!
Good luck & don't let these a-holes stop you from enjoying your car.

Paul
Old 09-07-04, 12:28 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear Panda. You have the right attitude though. Lefe happens sometimes but you just have to stay positive.

I'll see you in a few weeks.
Old 09-07-04, 12:50 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Ouch, I could just imagine what I would feel if I see that as I walk to my car after a long hard day at work. It will get my blood boiling!

Please keep us updated on your detective work. Like someone said, you should e-mail the entire company and give a $100 cash reward if someone knows something. Make sure you tell that person that you will keep him/her anonymous.

I'm sure you'll find your guy that way.
Old 09-07-04, 01:49 PM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Ouchhhh is the alignment ok?

Quick Reply: A quick pic of my ride.....BUSTED UP