GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Couple of pics...(GS 400, 19" HRE, Tein Coils, etc etc )

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 03:19 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautimus!!!!
Old 09-20-04, 06:08 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-04, 07:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
i must have missed this thread aswell do 2 the storm.....very cool pics bit. ivan hit hard on the west cost i saw, did u suffer any damage? u could always do the l-sport front and rear with l-tuned sides, that flows very well..well good luck 2 u...
Thanks - my place in Ocala lost a couple of trees but the house is ok thankfully.

As far as L-Sportline front/rear with L-Tuned sides, I'm still not a huge fan of the L-Tuned sides on light cars because I feel they 'curve' too much from front to back. Other sides that are more 'straight' look too tacked on. I know, I'm picky!

Do you think L-Sportline front/rear with STOCK sides would look bad? I'm not seeing how because I don't think the front/rear are really lower than stock.
Old 09-20-04, 07:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
well, i think if you are more of a performance guy, then not getting a body kit is ok. unless it's really for aero deynamics, i dont' see why you have to dump the money for the kits and then also painting and install, right?

i asked just coz' i saw the pics of your car and kits is what keeping your car having the last piece of the "stock" essense
Thanks Henry. Yes, no need to do kits if performance is my main thing, and it is, but then I'm not THAT much into performance obviously, or I would have gone for the RMM supercharger or something. But cosmetics do matter to me. I was saying to someone the other day when I see a stock GS with inside 16s on the rear for example, it's kinda hard to remember my car was similar (with 17s) at one time! Rims and a drop make such a DRAMATIC difference on any vehicle. A kit's definitely nice, but many also make the car less drivable (scraping all over) which I'm not interested in.
Old 09-20-04, 07:45 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
I don't think the front/rear are really lower than stock.
But they are Bit.
Old 09-20-04, 08:53 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

glad u'r house is ok....well the front L-sport bumper doesn't really look like it hangs lower cuz the front of it curves up...u could do a side skirt sorta like the JP one that is just a rectangle basic side skirt with no curves to just a little bigger than stock with straight lines. but the l-sport rear reaaly curves low..
Old 09-20-04, 09:52 PM
Neo
The One

u could do a side skirt sorta like the JP one that is just a rectangle basic side skirt with no curves to just a little bigger than stock with straight lines. but the l-sport rear reaaly curves low..
But then he'll need the door caps too.
Old 09-21-04, 02:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Thanks Henry. Yes, no need to do kits if performance is my main thing, and it is, but then I'm not THAT much into performance obviously, or I would have gone for the RMM supercharger or something. But cosmetics do matter to me. I was saying to someone the other day when I see a stock GS with inside 16s on the rear for example, it's kinda hard to remember my car was similar (with 17s) at one time! Rims and a drop make such a DRAMATIC difference on any vehicle. A kit's definitely nice, but many also make the car less drivable (scraping all over) which I'm not interested in.
it's very funny sometimes too. if you go back and read my car of the month way back in the beginning, i said i wont' get kits and won't get exhaust.....

oh well, only time will tell i am not implying
Old 09-21-04, 06:28 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
But then he'll need the door caps too.
true, but i meant something like a JP side skirt which is flat and spuare with no curves i know some other companies make side skirts like that, i think wald does..
Old 09-21-04, 07:59 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

clean and classy!!! Silver doesn't hurt either.

One question, though: Did you feel strange with the people at the restaurant in the background of the second shot watching you take pics of your car? Like maybe they were thinking "Oh, look at this guy. He really thinks his car is hot sh_t!!"

Just curious, since I feel funny sometimes when people go by while I take pics of my car.
Old 09-21-04, 09:17 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by ebruce2
I feel funny sometimes when people go by while I take pics of my car.
I think it's only more funny if you employ the Asian picture-taking technique LOL

Old 09-21-04, 08:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
it's very funny sometimes too. if you go back and read my car of the month way back in the beginning, i said i wont' get kits and won't get exhaust.....

oh well, only time will tell i am not implying
LOL - ok rominl and Neo, here's my bank account # - you guys just figure out what I need and buy it for me.

05--842-993-45182***

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-21-04 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-21-04, 08:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by ebruce2
clean and classy!!! Silver doesn't hurt either.

One question, though: Did you feel strange with the people at the restaurant in the background of the second shot watching you take pics of your car? Like maybe they were thinking "Oh, look at this guy. He really thinks his car is hot sh_t!!"

Just curious, since I feel funny sometimes when people go by while I take pics of my car.
Thanks. I'm aware some people might think I'm dorky or even egotistical taking pics of my car, but I don't let that stop me - I'm just appreciating my 'creation', LOL
Old 09-21-04, 09:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

true, but i meant something like a JP side skirt which is flat and spuare with no curves i know some other companies make side skirts like that, i think wald does..
they do, but i think it will start to make the middle of the car look low than front and back
Old 09-21-04, 11:19 PM
Neo
The One

LOL - ok rominl and Neo, here's my bank account # - you guys just figure out what I need and buy it for me.

05--842-993-45182***

Oh, don't get us started. We're infamous for spending other people's money.

Quick Reply: Couple of pics...(GS 400, 19" HRE, Tein Coils, etc etc )