GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tt Gs400 (for sale on ebay, mariusz)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-04, 05:52 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tt Gs400

Is this anyone on here's GS?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6299

WOW!

John
Old 09-12-04, 06:16 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah thats mariusz' car. he used to post here all of the time. thats the 1st gen TT. he was one of the "Four Horsemen". after he got the twins he kinda fell off. he had some pretty cool vids too. $55k though.........ouch!!!! i mean if you look at the guys who have sold their insanely turbo'd IS', they have all gotten around 30 for them. me thinks he will have to come down about 10 to 15 grrr to get it sold. damn nice car though.

Doc
Old 09-12-04, 06:31 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes...nice car....

Twin Turbo.....but no warranty....makes me cringe.....
Old 09-12-04, 06:50 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

That Wise bumper is nice...
Old 09-12-04, 07:53 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You cant compare the value of the IS turbo's with the value on the GS4TT....it's a whole different ball game. It is waaaaaaay less expensive to turbo an IS, even the highest level turbo application available is less expensive than the GS4TT........not to mention the car (IS) is cheaper to begin with.

Everything on the GS is a custom application, pistons, cranks, etc, etc, etc.....With the IS there are alot of parts mass produced, which makes it cheaper......trust me, I know!!
Old 09-12-04, 09:05 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm fairly new here and haven't seen any older threads, but I'm very curios to how fast this car goes.

I did a search but didn't come back with what I hoped for. Anybody?
Old 09-12-04, 09:12 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont know first hand about Mariuz's car, but I had the opportunity to ride in another members TT....it was rediculously fast!! I cant remember what the 1/4 mile times were, but it felt almost as fast as my old 550rwhp Supra(550 on pump gas)....it felt that damn fast!!!
Old 09-13-04, 06:44 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

John, that is my vehicle. I have been away overseas for some time and now I am a consultant for Chanel Inc. I used to be an active member here even during the original Club Lexus forums. For the past year or so, I have been extremely busy working and kind of fell out of the aftermarket loop. In the process, I bought an S500 (which I may add is a lemon compared to my baby GS) and no longer have the time to entertain my TT GS400. Nevertheless, I have nothing but positive experience with Club Lexus and its members as I have always been treated with nothing less than outmost respect and kindness.
Old 09-13-04, 08:10 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Good luck with the sale

definintely a hot ride

just out of curiousity

any 1/4 mile times or 0-60

and what do you think about ::

"
55k though.........ouch!!!! i mean if you look at the guys who have sold their insanely turbo'd IS', they have all gotten around 30 for them. me thinks he will have to come down about 10 to 15 grrr to get it sold"

do you think you are asking too much ??

once again incredible car

-johnny-
Old 09-13-04, 08:36 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

absolutely sick car..good luck with the sale
Old 09-13-04, 09:01 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by T.L.W.
Good luck with the sale

definintely a hot ride

just out of curiousity

any 1/4 mile times or 0-60

and what do you think about ::

"
55k though.........ouch!!!! i mean if you look at the guys who have sold their insanely turbo'd IS', they have all gotten around 30 for them. me thinks he will have to come down about 10 to 15 grrr to get it sold"

do you think you are asking too much ??

once again incredible car

-johnny-
I don't have any official 0-60 times but if I had to throw out a number (and I may be wrong), I would say 3.9sec. Also, as you can read in my auction, the vehicle has never been drag raced.

55K might be tough to some people out there. That is understandable. Several months back there was a whole thread based on the pricing of the TT setup alone. The setup ran in the neighborhood of 35K and you had over 6 months of wait time. That did not include aero kits, wheels, and other esthetic products. A Turbo IS is nothing like a TT GS400. I saw first hand both of the turbo setups and I am not even going to get into the comparison. Anyone who has seen both will know that. Also, personally, I feel that the IS has much less of a "response" on the street than the GS. Afterall you have 8 vs 6 cylinders spooling those turbos. The amount of detail that goes into building a TT GS when compared to a Turbo IS is amazing. If I have a chance, I will snap a pic of some of the pipe clearances to show less than 5mm tolerances at several key points. A TT GS400 is not for everyone. If you are looking for a good price/performance ratio and best bang for the buck, then you probably won't be considering this vehicle. If you are looking for something that is unique, rare, and will attract crowds of attention wherever you go than look no further. Not to mention your 4 door Luxury sedan will be able to compete, if not overtake, Vipers, Supras, Vettes, and other high performance modded vehicles. If you are talking about a true street car, very few will come close.

From time to time I go out to a small local night club. It is an awesome feeling to have not only valet guys, but police officers and other people from the club leave the premises to check out the vehicle and appreciate all of the hard work and effort built into this amazing machine.

Back in the days I had a few vids posted but none included a TTGS400 run. Its been a while since I tried convincing a certain owner of a modified 300ZX TT to send me a video of our friendly encounter at only 9psi. If you saw the video, you would know exactly why....

Last edited by Mariusz; 09-13-04 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-13-04, 09:08 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Mariusz

where in Nj might you be located

if you dont mind me asking

johnny
Old 09-13-04, 09:08 AM
ias
Pole Position

for some reason the first and fifth pictures are my favorite.
Old 09-13-04, 10:33 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

more pics please!
Old 09-13-04, 10:37 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Good luck with the sale Mariusz, I hope it goes to a good home.
Nice to see you back also.

Quick Reply: Tt Gs400 (for sale on ebay, mariusz)