GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I DID IT!! (Had Lambo Doors Installed on GS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-04, 10:11 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
Props to you for doing what you like. It looks weird to me on a 4-door car, but hey, it's not my car so ...

I'm sure we (including me) will one day do something to our cars that won't meet everyone's approval. No big. Congrats.
I couldn't have said that better myself. Each to his own!!! Ultimately we mod our cars for our personal pleasure and enjoyment.
Old 09-14-04, 10:12 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree w/ NEO. congrats for doing something that YOU want to do regardless of public opinion. I for one, is not a big fan of lambo doors on a 4dr, but on a 350Z, im all for it... to quote NEO again,

I'm sure we (including me) will one day do something to our cars that won't meet everyone's approval.
and I know I am walking down that path very soon. (no I am not doing lambo doors)
Old 09-14-04, 10:21 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

it looks better then I thought it would, congrats on the Mod. I thought about putting the lambo doors on a coupe but for the GS , I wanted the suicide doors but I 'm not sure which kit is good.
Old 09-14-04, 10:27 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Since you asked my opinion, I don't like it. I just believe Lambo doors are called that for a reason. To each his own though.

-Anthony
Old 09-14-04, 10:30 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to have an afro upon entering the vehicle.....
Old 09-14-04, 10:46 AM
hawk
Driver

do the doors extend a bit outward from the car as well? from the picture it looks like they only go op, not leaving much room to enter the car. or is that just the photo angle? on that note, more photos of this.
Old 09-14-04, 10:53 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Just as I figured some people like it and some don't. To answer some of the questions:

Entering and exiting the car is not a problem the door actually comes out a little before going up. I will put a rear shot on here later so that you can see how much room there is.

No problems with leaking for me.

The cost for me was not as much as some people will have to pay. Creative Customs gives me discounts on everything that I have done. I would estimate that it would cost between $3000-$4000 for the kit and the installation. They worked on it for about a week.
Old 09-14-04, 11:02 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

OK this is not a picture of my lex but this is how mine looks from the front. See how the gap is created by the doors coming out and up. There is plenty of room to get in and out. As a matter of fact I can turn sideways and get up without even pushing the door up.
Attached Thumbnails I DID IT!! (Had Lambo Doors Installed on GS)-doorsuplex2.jpg  
Old 09-14-04, 11:05 AM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Definitely looks different. I have to agree with Neo that it looks sort of weird on a 4-door. Saw one at IAS in LA this past April and it was "different". Congrats on doing what you like to your car....that is the bottom line. As long as you like it and think it looks good, who the heck cares what anybody else thinks. That is why we mod our cars, to make them different from all the other cars out there.
Old 09-14-04, 11:20 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default lambo doors

Not my thing but it's your car. Modding is all about individuality. None of us have to like it. Props for that.
How is the fitment? Post some pics of the doors closed...close-ups.
Forgive me for saying this but I'd rather have lambo doors than the wheels you chose. Again, if you like them that's all that matters.
Congrats.
Old 09-14-04, 11:58 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow!! Good for you!! If you like it...that's all that matters. I'd complete the look and do the rear doors too.

Not my thing tho....i seen some rides here with them lambo doors...all on coupes....looks cool...and yes....very eye-catching....but I also notice that the doors creak loudly when opening or closing....sounded cheap....imo.
Old 09-14-04, 01:03 PM
93lscoupe
Rookie

ditto, but looks good to me!
Old 09-14-04, 01:05 PM
Rob L
Rookie

I think it looks pretty good. Much better than 90% of the fugly or silly looking exterior mods (read bodykits)people here (meaning all of club lexus) do to their cars. I also think you do the rear doors.
Old 09-14-04, 01:09 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
I think I need to move to another website....
I totally agree with GXOTIC. I'm not a big fan.. But if u like it.. do whatever you like to your car.
Old 09-14-04, 01:29 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I personally dont like it, its ricey to me. But after reading what you say the cost is to do it, I hate it! There are a thousand better things to do to your car at that cost.

But hey, to each his own!

Quick Reply: I DID IT!! (Had Lambo Doors Installed on GS)