GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I DID IT!! (Had Lambo Doors Installed on GS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-04, 05:35 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

props for being different!
Old 09-15-04, 05:46 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hummmmmmm actually im kinda surprised that no one likes the rims. I think they look good on the car and they look even better when they are in motion. I have always been partial to a five-star kinda look anyway or rims with a lip on them so with these I got both. And the ladies love them. One thing I have never understood is why when you put some chrome or something a little different on your car do people automatically yell out Ghetto This and Ghetto that. I have not spend a lot of time in the ghetto but I seriously doubt they have GS300's with TV's and lambo doors on every corner. My car is still a lexus just like most of the people on here and ok the doors don't look like everyone else's but thats why I did it. Did it ruin the car no I don't think so, still rides like a lexus and looks like a lexus. I was prepared for people not to like my car though thats why my license plate says H8R PRUF.

Oh and unfortunately we don't have a Sonic in VA at least not Northern VA. And thats a bad thing I happen to be a big fan of Sonic burgers.
Old 09-15-04, 05:51 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Automan
Hummmmmmm actually im kinda surprised that no one likes the rims. I think they look good on the car and they look even better when they are in motion. I have always been partial to a five-star kinda look anyway or rims with a lip on them so with these I got both. And the ladies love them. One thing I have never understood is why when you put some chrome or something a little different on your car do people automatically yell out Ghetto This and Ghetto that. I have not spend a lot of time in the ghetto but I seriously doubt they have GS300's with TV's and lambo doors on every corner. My car is still a lexus just like most of the people on here and ok the doors don't look like everyone else's but thats why I did it. Did it ruin the car no I don't think so, still rides like a lexus and looks like a lexus. I was prepared for people not to like my car though thats why my license plate says H8R PRUF.

Oh and unfortunately we don't have a Sonic in VA at least not Northern VA. And thats a bad thing I happen to be a big fan of Sonic burgers.
Hey man, your car looks good.. I like the lambo doors, if you make the suicide doors in the rear it would look more 'complete' IMO.. As for the rims if you like it, more power to you man !! Though its not my style but do what makes u happy !
Old 09-15-04, 12:22 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE]You lived in VA so you know how **** they are about vehicle mods

Yeah, they have the annual inspection in VA, but otherwise I would say California is more strict about loud stereos, exhaust, etc. We have speed bumps here in CA, too. How about a mild drop, like Eibach? The car needs it!! I hated seeing the few pimp cars in VA at stock height (of course, every car I have ever owned has been lowered).

Oh- almost forgot- rear doors: suicide AND Lambo. How cool would that be?

Hey, as Ice-T says, "pimpin' aint easy!"

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 09-15-04 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-15-04, 04:16 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

i like it....

Looks nice

things that make people go ...
Old 09-15-04, 07:50 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I dunno, I personally like lambo doors, but I think you should do lambo doors for the rear too....that would be hot. As for the rims, some people like clean some people like flashy, and if lambo doors arent flashy then I dont know what is? so in that respect I think the rims suit you well.
Old 09-15-04, 07:54 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

the doors arent my style but they seem to match the look you are going for with the rest of your mods
Old 09-15-04, 09:49 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Automan, congrats on taking such a big step - I bet it stops traffic!

I didn't read the thread so someone may have already said what I'm about to say. I like it and don't like it.

LIKE: Unique, eye popping, stunning, definitely unusual.
DISLIKE: I think you should do all four doors! IMO it looks hot, but a little uneven.
Old 09-16-04, 12:21 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

WOW....Here we go another mod on CL with so many thoughts!

i personaly like it and it would look dope with maybe all 4 doors done (i picture in my head)
If you like it DO U.... as for the ghetto comment i dont get that one either if you like chrome does that make you ghetto??? I would think not......i am a chrome Fanatic. Just like if you like money or have alot of money does that make you stuck up??? NO
If you have a nice car and u know other people with maybe not so nice cars does that mean u think your better than them? No i can go on and on about this but my piont is if you like it Go for it you only live once why not, and if it doesn't work out for you it will be a learning experience for you and other CL members!

.... I have spinners on my car and most CL members wouldn't agree with them BUT i LOVE them and there is NOT ONE PLACE i go with out getting a positive comment and get approx. 5 or more Positive comments a day!!

SO once again if you like it DO YOU and ......
Congrats!!!
Old 09-16-04, 01:59 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default spinners??? I WANNA SEE!!!

I personally like spinners but a lot of my friends (including my parents) think they're dumb and silly.

post a pic please?

c.

Originally posted by Alexus-Kia

i personaly like it and it would look dope with maybe all 4 doors done (i picture in my head)
If you like it DO U.... as for the ghetto comment i dont get that one either if you like chrome does that make you ghetto??? I would think not......i am a chrome Fanatic. Just like if you like money or have alot of money does that make you stuck up??? NO
If you have a nice car and u know other people with maybe not so nice cars does that mean u think your better than them? No i can go on and on about this but my piont is if you like it Go for it you only live once why not, and if it doesn't work out for you it will be a learning experience for you and other CL members!

.... I have spinners on my car and most CL members wouldn't agree with them BUT i LOVE them and there is NOT ONE PLACE i go with out getting a positive comment and get approx. 5 or more Positive comments a day!!

Congrats!!!
Old 09-16-04, 02:28 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Alexus-Kia

Congrats!!!

I agree with your comments but ........I am one of those CL members that HATE spinners with a passion. Every spinner I've ever seen, EXCEPT for Davin, degrades the car. But like you said, it's not MY car

Again, way to go on taking that leap and getting the doors done! Are the rear doors next?
Old 09-16-04, 02:48 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Where is Manaray on this "SPINNERS MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND" issue?

I haven't seen any Lexus with spinners that shows up at any So Cal local meet.......I guess he's affraid of people's negative comments
Old 09-16-04, 02:53 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no plans of doing anything to the rear doors. I don't even know if it is possible I don't think they have the same type of hinge as the front do they? And I don't know where you could possibly mount such as hinge as what the front uses. Of course I say this but then you watch a show like Pimp My Ride and it makes you think is anything really impossible? I don't think I will do anything with the rear doors. My next step will likely be a new paint job and possibly a body kit. I love the way the Vizage kit looks but the low price concerns me. Does anyone have this kit and what are your thoughts on it? I am going to throw some kandy paint on it too and hope to have it ready for a few shows by next summer. Other than that maybe an SRT intake and new exhaust but thats about it.
Old 09-16-04, 03:47 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

vizage kit is so cheap because its not a full replacemnet kit.. it is addon rear and sides.. no full bumper replacements.. i have seen a few on black car with lambo doors.. ill post a pic so you can see
Old 09-16-04, 06:45 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

i dont really post pics of my car like someone stated b4 i dont really care to hear the negative comments, if you dont like it then COOL u can say that with out being EXTRA!!

Its the people that go to far with there opinion that makes you wanna them up!

But they look pretty nice, and i get a kick out of being a girl and having the spinners,... that really makes heads turn!!

i will send "c" a link with the pic from my yahoo album, i did post a semi desent pic in another post!

~kia

Quick Reply: I DID IT!! (Had Lambo Doors Installed on GS)