GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Phase 2 Almost Complete +Pics -56K

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-04, 05:52 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lexusk8
I finally get to see your all-out modding potential on your GS Darius. Congrats on a job well done, and we all know it's not quite over yet after Phase 2

I love the way iForged looks and fits on your ride. The quality and value of these bad boys are unquestionable, and if I were to have iForged wheels on my ride, I wouldn't even dare to try to parallel park LOL
Thanks LexuSk8!! My wife has only driven the car twice and says that she doesn't DARE to parallel park either - and shes good at it!
Old 09-21-04, 06:15 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Darius2004

Johnee: They are 2 piece, the rivets are cosmetic. 2 Piece = bigger lip

Thanks for the info but are your wheels clearcoated or just high polished???
Old 09-21-04, 07:54 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Darius!!!

Looks great!!! I see you got the wheel locks...hehehe....you should look into the L-tuned shocks...they ride great..call steve at carson...I got mine from him!!!!!

Take care!
Danny
Old 09-21-04, 08:17 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

straight clean and simple. Quality rollers and a good drop...that's all a GS really needs IMO. Everything else (body kits, etc.) is just an added bonus.

If you're not hell-bent on matching the calipers to the car, it may be easier to just go black or maybe even silver just for the sake of convenience IMO.

Also, remember that your springs will give a little more over time and your drop will be a little more substantial as the car "settles".

Nice work! Now go pimp that sh_t!!!

Eric
Old 09-21-04, 09:08 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by ebruce2
Also, remember that your springs will give a little more over time and your drop will be a little more substantial as the car "settles".
I meant to say the same thing! Those Espelirs give a really nice drop.
Old 09-21-04, 11:04 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

ebruce2
Hey Eric, Thanks for the compliments!! I agree. I've always like the GS body from the factory. I think a low wing like the WIN or Junction produce would be nice, to add sportiness but I like it clean and simple.

Regarding the calipers, silver would look pretty good with the polished rims and Zinc coated calipers - thanks for the suggestion.

Dagr8tsthustla <insert Nelly "Pimp Juice" Instrumental>
Thanks, are the LTuned shocks less than $400.00?

D2, Eric
How long does it take for the springs to settle? Will that affect my alignment?

Johnee:
I completely missed the second part of your question

They are Hi-Polished. In the photos, they haven't been polished since they were put oin the car. The can actually get a little shinier, like the first image where I measured the lip. Your lips actually looks bigger than mine, what size are you running on the rear? Are yours clearcoated?

Old 09-21-04, 11:10 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

are the LTuned shocks less than $400.00?
Most definitely.
Old 09-21-04, 11:17 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

[

Johnee:
I completely missed the second part of your question

They are Hi-Polished. In the photos, they haven't been polished since they were put oin the car. The can actually get a little shinier, like the first image where I measured the lip. Your lips actually looks bigger than mine, what size are you running on the rear? Are yours clearcoated?

Mine are 10" in the rear but my seem to look bigger because I have no rivets and also I'm running a 255/35/20 on th rim and that also makes the wheel and lip look bigger IMO...I am asking about the clearcoat because mine are clearcoated, but I am having an issue with the clear and I am planning on stripping the wheel and I wanted to see how it would look and of course the maintanence..I was told that having a polished wheel that isn't clearcoated is harder to keep clean but from your pics it's much more rewarding in regards to the overall finish..Have your wheels been hard to maintain or is the wenol doing magic for you??
Old 09-21-04, 11:31 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by johnee78
Mine are 10" in the rear but my seem to look bigger because I have no rivets and also I'm running a 255/35/20 on th rim and that also makes the wheel and lip look bigger IMO...I am asking about the clearcoat because mine are clearcoated, but I am having an issue with the clear and I am planning on stripping the wheel and I wanted to see how it would look and of course the maintanence..I was told that having a polished wheel that isn't clearcoated is harder to keep clean but from your pics it's much more rewarding in regards to the overall finish..Have your wheels been hard to maintain or is the wenol doing magic for you??
Yea, the WENOL is amazing but.......I washed my car at a touchless car wash a few weeks ago and it was hell trying to get whatever they use to clean the car off of the wheels. I still have a film of that stuff on the inner wheel. I'll have it polished out for EOS of course but its a pain. Now I just wash it myself. The only problem is that it will be cold here soon and I don't plan on catching Pnumonia for Bling . The great part about WENOL is it seems to remove any and everything that could ever find its way onto the rim!!!!

What problems are you having with the clear? Your rims look pretty blingy here:

Last edited by TwentyTen; 09-21-04 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-21-04, 11:59 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

thanks for the reply..The clearcoat is peeling from the lips and it's moving to the center of the wheel.I am going to let it peel on it's own and then get them stripped and polished..I just don't want to worry about the wheels staining or having an issue with the maintanence.. Thanks again..
Old 09-21-04, 12:12 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Very nice Darius!!!

Did you do a similar write up on your audio setup? I missed it if you did and would like to see it.........
Old 09-21-04, 12:12 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by T.L.W.
........we have a lot in common
I've noticed
Old 09-21-04, 01:53 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Hey D!!!

Here is a link for the shocks through steve http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=464

Call him up!!!

Danny
Old 09-21-04, 02:35 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hameed
Very nice Darius!!!

Did you do a similar write up on your audio setup? I missed it if you did and would like to see it.........
Hi Hameed! Thank you! I did a write up on the process of creating baffles for door speakers but I've been holding off for the final until I finish the trunk. As soon as its done, I'll post and send you a PM

Thanks Again!
Old 09-21-04, 03:39 PM
GS4Me
Rookie

Nice rims Darius. I think my friend and I saw you at Exact on 9/13. I was driving the black GS next to yours and my friend was in a black TL.

Those are the exact rims that he wants for his TL. Good choice.

Quick Reply: Phase 2 Almost Complete +Pics -56K