GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Post Hurricane Pics at the park. (56k watch out!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 08:12 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your gS is awesome???????????BTW, how do you post multiple pics like that, and that big. I tried in a previous post but it only let me do three??
Old 09-27-04, 08:37 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Man that is one invincible bullet ain't no B*t*h*ss storm gonna touch it.
Hey Alsilverbullet those HKS is looking tight man,mines comin soon.
Hows it sound?Any droning at cruise speed lets say at 70 to 80 mph,and would you say HKS or Blitz if you had to do it all over again,and any body reading this post can also reply as well.

Thanks.

Last edited by Lexy GS430; 09-27-04 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-27-04, 09:22 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet clean ride bro.....
Old 09-28-04, 04:52 AM
jcm3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great...Wheels compliment the car nicely!
Old 09-28-04, 06:24 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by Stage3
Looking good! Quick question... did you extend the HKS Tips any or is that how they came?
Hi Stage3, I did not extend the tips of the HKS exhaust. For some good reason they are flush with the LSportline bumper.

Thanks
Old 09-28-04, 06:34 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Originally posted by Lexy GS430
Man that is one invincible bullet ain't no B*t*h*ss storm gonna touch it.
Hey Alsilverbullet those HKS is looking tight man,mines comin soon.
Hows it sound?Any droning at cruise speed lets say at 70 to 80 mph,and would you say HKS or Blitz if you had to do it all over again,and any body reading this post can also reply as well.

Thanks.
Hi LexyGS430, I love the sound of my HKS exhaust! It has a throaty sound when you first start the car and a nice low hum when idling. I have no droning , The interesting thing is at high speeds 70-80 mph you really dont hear the exhaust that much, not to mention it sounds awesome with my air intake especially at WOT. As far as exhaust systems I am very happy with the HKS Hiper and would not change to any other brand. I honestly believe it is personal preference.

BTW thanks to everyone for their nice compliments!

Last edited by alsilverbullet; 09-28-04 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-28-04, 07:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Awesome car!!!

Mine looks remarkably similar to yours!!! Good taste! I like how you have debadged your car and just have that small "V8" badge below the left tail light! Is that from the Tundra? you have inspired me to make that change to my car. I think mine looks too busy now with the two badges plus an L-tuned one as well on the rump.
Old 09-28-04, 07:27 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Hey Al, stop showing off! Just kidding, long time no see!

Nice pics and good thing that Reggie is around to help you with spelling! LOL!

Glad you made it thru the Hurricanes unscathed. Frances nailed my back door going thru my friends security gate, $1,350 bucks later for a new door skin, moulding, and re-paint it is as good as new. Interesting thing is that my local shop did a more thorough repair than Lexus (Lexus didn't think they needed to replace the doorskin even though it was creased in 2 places).

And I concur completely with Al assessment on the HKS exhaust, I have it on mine with the L-tuned package and his description is right on.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 09-28-04 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-28-04, 08:07 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Originally posted by Hameed
Awesome car!!!

Mine looks remarkably similar to yours!!! Good taste! I like how you have debadged your car and just have that small "V8" badge below the left tail light! Is that from the Tundra? you have inspired me to make that change to my car. I think mine looks too busy now with the two badges plus an L-tuned one as well on the rump.
Thanks Hameed for the compliments. Its funny but I was very much inspired by your car when I first saw it on CL, this inspired me to move forward and mod mine. I even printed a picture of your car and used it as a guide. As far as the badge I got it from a friend at a body shop. I suggest you look at different cars with V8 badges to find the one that best fits your car and stlye. I tried a lot of different ones on mine until I found the perfect fit .
Al

Last edited by alsilverbullet; 09-28-04 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-28-04, 08:39 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Originally posted by WhiteTiger
Hey Al, stop showing off! Just kidding, long time no see!

Nice pics and good thing that Reggie is around to help you with spelling! LOL!

Glad you made it thru the Hurricanes unscathed. Frances nailed my back door going thru my friends security gate, $1,350 bucks later for a new door skin, moulding, and re-paint it is as good as new. Interesting thing is that my local shop did a more thorough repair than Lexus (Lexus didn't think they needed to replace the doorskin even though it was creased in 2 places).

And I concur completely with Al assessment on the HKS exhaust, I have it on mine with the L-tuned package and his description is right on.
Hi White Tiger, sorry to hear about your car, I hope all works out well. As far as Reggie's comment regarding the misspelling of my sig. name, it was not mis-spelled, instead Brandenlim did me a personal favor by blocking my tag and added his personal touch of "asilverbullet."

Al

Last edited by alsilverbullet; 09-28-04 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-28-04, 09:50 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Thanks Al!

Yeah I know it wasn't mispelled, but it was one letter off from your sign-in ("a" instead of "al") and I figured Reggie was just being sarcastic so I thought I would join in the fun. Nice that Brandenlim did that for you.
Old 09-28-04, 09:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by alsilverbullet
Thanks Hameed for the compliments. Its funny but I was very much inspired by your car when I first saw it on CL, this inspired me to move forward and mod mine. I even printed a picture of your car and used it as a guide. As far as the badge I got it from a friend at a body shop. I suggest you look at different cars with V8 badges to find the one that best fits your car and stlye. I tried a lot of different ones on mine until I found the perfect fit .
Al
That is very funny! In short we inspire each other!!

Question about your HKS Hypermax exhaust - is it cat back or is just the mufflers?
Have you personally heard the L-tuned exhaust? How does yours compare to the L-tuned? Is yours meaner sounding? Thanks!
Old 09-28-04, 10:26 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default pics

Originally posted by WhiteTiger
Thanks Al!

Yeah I know it wasn't mispelled, but it was one letter off from your sign-in ("a" instead of "al") and I figured Reggie was just being sarcastic so I thought I would join in the fun. Nice that Brandenlim did that for you.

Naw, I didn't know...I missed that one. How would I know it was done on purpose. Now that I do, it's pretty cool. Being a Lone Ranger fan, I like any references to it. Hiyo Silver...awaaaay.
Old 09-28-04, 10:31 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Originally posted by Hameed
That is very funny! In short we inspire each other!!

Question about your HKS Hypermax exhaust - is it cat back or is just the mufflers?
Have you personally heard the L-tuned exhaust? How does yours compare to the L-tuned? Is yours meaner sounding? Thanks!
Hi Hameed, the HKS exhaust are just mufflers. I used to have the L tuned exhaust on my car when I first got it but switched after a week to the HKS. I like the HKS because it has menacing look and a meaner, deeper sound. It has that deep tone under WOT and intimidates other cars. Dont get me wrong the LTuned is a very nice exhaust system, but the HKS is my preference not to mention it is a little louder and I especially like the canister agressive look in the rear. As a side not, the HKS in my opinion sounds even better with an air intake system, you feel like you are driving a true sports car.
Old 09-28-04, 11:06 AM
SOFIA
Pole Position

VERY nice!!!!!

COOL bodykit, nice TIPS, amazing RIMS....love it SOOOOOO MUCH

i'm sure the girls just go crazy over there

Quick Reply: Post Hurricane Pics at the park. (56k watch out!)