GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-04, 09:36 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weird, but why do your rear wheels look like they stick out just as much as my +24 rears? Is it because you have conservatively cambered rear (almost vertical) that gives it the illusion that they are sticking out a lot more than they really are? I am just confused.

Oh nice wheels by the way!
Old 09-30-04, 10:04 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by BR1AN
Very nice, the Techniks look just as good on your GS (if not better than) as they did on LOTB's car.
Haha. Thanks. Don't let Eric hear that. He's not getting it back anyway.

Originally posted by LeslieRC
Yours is one of the best looking GSs I have seen. LOVE the colour!
Originally posted by Lexis11
Nice wheels, I love iforged. That color is so great, not too many if any have it and no one made it look like you have. Good job bro
Originally posted by lexforlife
way to go chris .. you have made that mica color come alive
Originally posted by LB Lex
Looks sweet I especially like the color of your car and the lips on your rims
Wow! Thanks. I've had the traditional white/silver/black cars and thought it was time to add a little color. The bronze is actually a very rich color. Glad you like it too.

Originally posted by SexySC
Looks real nice on your car
Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
thats a good look
Originally posted by babyGS3
ooooh *drool*
Thanks guys. You mod a car for yourself but it is always nice to get approval from your fellow enthusiasts.

Last edited by Neo; 09-30-04 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-30-04, 10:16 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by lexusk8
Don't mean to be off-tangent, but I never noticed that you also have mirror blinkers on your GS. Did you get them custom-made? They certainly don't look like from an MB CLK
Originally posted by KVA
Looking good...great setup...love the mirror turn signals (Tom's?)
Thanks for the kind words. Like KVA said, these are Tom's mirror covers. They are not as clean in terms of integration as the MB mod, but I got a too good to turn down offer. Plus, with a little help from RMMGS4, the cover is a great fit now compared to how it comes stock.

Originally posted by 00lexondub
LOOKS great man.. really diggin the wheels.. i like alot.. iforeged technik such a great lookin wheel. alaos like the stoptechs.. man you west guys know how to do it.. got another VERY NICE gs
The car is getting there but it won''t be like the monster you are unveiling.

Originally posted by b1gredek
good looking gs, and great wheels, love the color also, only thing i would do is lower it just a tad more if u could. then the car would be perfect
Well, I'm at 1 finger gap right now and I probably won't do much to the front. I'm contemplating lowering the rear a little though. If you look at the wheel close up pics, I took those right after I put them on the first time. This was with the height I had set for my 18s. You can see that it was slightly tucked. At the time, I did not shave the fenders yet so there was no way I was driving like that. Now that the fenders are taken cared of, I may push it a little lower. We'll have to see.

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Weird, but why do your rear wheels look like they stick out just as much as my +24 rears? Is it because you have conservatively cambered rear (almost vertical) that gives it the illusion that they are sticking out a lot more than they really are? I am just confused.

Oh nice wheels by the way!
Yeah, I like how it lines up with the fender. I've had the wheels on for a little over 3 months now but I have not had time to get an alignment (shame on me ). The car was at a setting for my 18s so when I put on the 20s with the extra height, all 4 "stood up" straighter.
Old 09-30-04, 10:24 AM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very classy looking... The wheels/ brakes combo is sick!
Old 09-30-04, 10:26 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Looks nice..IM jealous...lol I wanted the same rim...well it was in my top line of a few choices....Good work...car is a beauty...
Old 09-30-04, 10:31 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
A few more:

Looks awesome Neo!

BTW, I get nervous looking at the picture above thinking there is a tractor trailer or something bearing down on your car blocking the road just around the curve out of sight
Old 09-30-04, 10:51 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Wow Neo!!!! I didn't know you're GS was that Beautiful!!!! Its so fresh and so clean!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Danny
Old 09-30-04, 11:48 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

SWEET!!!!
Those iForged wheels look so much better on ur GS than on Lord Of the Blings' car
The brush aluminum finish is really nice.....
Old 09-30-04, 11:50 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks insane! Congrats..
Old 09-30-04, 02:50 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
I agree! Man Neo talk about a Pleasure Delayer!!! LOL, I damn near forgot you had these wheels!!! They look great bro, also great deal from Eric.

iFORGED 4 Life!!!!!
Old 09-30-04, 07:16 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by LsportGS4
Very classy looking... The wheels/ brakes combo is sick!
When I had my 18s, the rotors/calipers really filled out the wheels almost too tightly. I knew I'd be going to something bigger though, which is why I opted for the 14" rotors vs. the 13".

Originally posted by Djdelite
Looks nice..IM jealous...lol I wanted the same rim...well it was in my top line of a few choices....Good work...car is a beauty...
Thanks. You know there is a GB on IForged wheels now.

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
That looks insane! Congrats..
Thanks. I'm just hoping one day t o become One Hot GS300.
Old 09-30-04, 07:22 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by dagr8tsthustla
Wow Neo!!!! I didn't know you're GS was that Beautiful!!!! Its so fresh and so clean!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Danny
Haha, thanks. What a difference 2 inches make. It is the same configuration I've had for at least 6 months now but I think the 20s really set everything off. Now that I have gotten accustomed to 20s, they don't look big to me at all. Sometimes they are borderline small. Don't worry, there are no 21s or more in the car's future.

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
SWEET!!!!
Those iForged wheels look so much better on ur GS than on Lord Of the Blings' car
I think he felt the same way. Good for me.
Old 09-30-04, 07:28 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Looks awesome Neo!

BTW, I get nervous looking at the picture above thinking there is a tractor trailer or something bearing down on your car blocking the road just around the curve out of sight
Did you notice the other pics? I started out on the side of the road with me snapping pics in the middle of the road. This was in a new housing development. After taking some pics and noticing there was no traffic, I then realized this road was not connected to anything yet. Well, the car then ended up in the middle of the road, which is a little harder shot to get (normally).

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I agree! Man Neo talk about a Pleasure Delayer!!! LOL, I damn near forgot you had these wheels!!! They look great bro, also great deal from Eric.
Well, you led the way with the Techniks. I know you've known about this from the beginning. You don't know how many times I looked at your car to make sure I wanted these. We are configured very similarly, exterior-wise, so it helped.
Old 09-30-04, 08:03 PM
undee
Driver

wow nice color, Neo. it's pretty rare i think, i haven't seen this color on the road. well anyway, nice wheels and blinkers...
Old 09-30-04, 08:17 PM
wilassasin
Driver

HEY THE COLOR OF UR CAR IS NICE, BUT WITH THE RIMS U DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME RIMS THE SAME COLOR AS THE CAR WITH POLISHED LIPS. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CRAZY HOTTTTTT!

Quick Reply: My new wheels