GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tom's Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-04, 09:29 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CLEEAAAN!!!!
I like it, congrats man!!!
Old 10-02-04, 09:36 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ahhh, red. Finally. Very nice. You know I'm jealous and you are going to beat me to the lights too. Brakes, kit, and then lights raffle. I'm not telling you about anything else.

It looks grear like I told you. Congrats again!
Old 10-02-04, 11:50 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lexforlife
the toms stuff really look nice on your color .. speaks loudly of class.. although i would replace that rmm grill (although was always one of my fav grills , i sold mine to another member here last month) with a open grill to match the opening and aggressive style of the toms bumper.. and of course matching mesh would complete the look.. just my opinion though
Yep, I know where you are coming from on the grill and I agree. But I did not want to swap out too many things at once and was curious how the RMM would look. I'll have to spend some time looking at grills and mesh to figure out what comes next.
Old 10-02-04, 11:51 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Richie
CLEEAAAN!!!! I like it, congrats man!!!
Thanks. When can we expect your body kit upgrade.
Old 10-02-04, 11:53 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Neo
Ahhh, red. Finally. Very nice. You know I'm jealous and you are going to beat me to the lights too. Brakes, kit, and then lights raffle. I'm not telling you about anything else.

It looks grear like I told you. Congrats again!
Thank you, sir. But you know your car is looking great, too. And I know about what you are not telling.
Old 10-02-04, 12:00 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Bumper Detail

Here's some stuff you can't see from the pictures that I posted. The bumpers are actually two-tone. RMMGS4 floated the idea and I had it done - what's the worst that can happen, right?! As you can see the front and rear bumpers have a nice line/cut-out that lends to the look. Suppose black would have also worked. The silver/gray does not quite match the rims, but I was thinking about having them re-done anyways.

Old 10-02-04, 12:06 PM
l3xu5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks great. I was wondering about the front fog lights. The older version of the Toms kit does not allow the stock fog lights. I'm guessing you're using stock foglights in this new version?
Not being able to use the stock fog lights witht he Toms front bumper was the only reason i didn't get it.
Old 10-02-04, 12:21 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Yes, the kit uses stock fogs. One of my criteria, also.
Old 10-02-04, 03:50 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Great job, way to represent Cinnabar
Old 10-02-04, 04:03 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

wow nice touch with the 2 tone jon on the bumpers.. small details make everything. looks good..
i think make a l sportline grill will look nice. but its all up to you.. i like the RMM i almost got that insteadf of l tuned but oh well.
Old 10-02-04, 04:15 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

very very nice, the kit is toned down in red so it flows very well, congrats..
Old 10-02-04, 05:33 PM
LexFather

Default Re: Tom's Body Kit

Originally posted by redgs4
Here's some pictures of one of the many poorly kept secrets surrounding EOS V3. Strangely enough, I don't have any good pictures [bad light and car is dirty] and I have none from the big meet last week. Have been buried at work before and after the meet but will get some better pictures this weekend.

Quick refresher on the car: 98 GS 400 [officially 7 year old last month], Cinnabar, Nach and factory HIDs, Stoptech 4 corner BBK w/metal master pads, Tein HA, TRD sways, Tom's front/rear strut tower braces, Tom's front/rear lower chassis braces, Tom's 6-Link Brace Kit, Tanabe Hyper Medallion Exhaust w/resonators deleted, ATS Carbon LSD w/stock gearing, PI Torque Converter, B&M Tranny Cooler, K&N FIPK, Optima Yellow, TeCK Grounding Kit, RMM CF Engine Cover, RMM Grill, Tom's S630 Aristo Body Kit inc/ Side Skirts and Front/Rear Bumpers, Tom's Rear Window Spoiler, Staggered 18" Volk LE37K's w/Good Year GS-D3, '01 Tails, and custom Venture Tape [clear bra] installed by PMAG. Next, new exhaust and audio upgrades. Oh, and probably a set of JP Tails.

Along with the kit, the hood, grill and mirrors were re-shot and the front fenders blended. Regarding the grill mesh - matching mesh was used in the RMM grill and Tom's bumper. And yes, it's directional mesh aligned the same direction - problem is the mesh in the bumper leans forward while the mesh in the grill is tilted back. So I'll also be changing out the mesh when I get around to it.

Simply gorgous. Wow, that 7 year old car looks better than most all 2005 cars sold today.
Old 10-02-04, 05:40 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Tom's Body Kit

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Simply gorgous. Wow, that 7 year old car looks better than most all 2005 cars sold today.
I've had two people this week ask me if I bought a new car. With all the money I spent it just seems like it.
Old 10-02-04, 06:20 PM
l3xu5
Driver

Originally posted by redgs4
I've had two people this week ask me if I bought a new car. With all the money I spent it just seems like it.
I'm sure it drives like a totally differnt car cause of the Tein, BBK and wheels...
Old 10-02-04, 08:25 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

ive said it once, and ill say it again... the TOM's Kit is Beautiful!!!

Quick Reply: Tom's Body Kit