GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tom's Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-04 | 12:11 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Here's some more pics I took. Additional angles not previously shown. I think these really show off the nice features of this kit.

Here's when we first fitted the front end. I must say the TOM's fit and finish was exceptional. No significant misfit at all. You get what you pay for in this instance. The liscense plate holes were filled in BTW. Note how poorly the RMM grill fit. Our favorite local painter fixed all that.

Clears the driveway. Not bad.

Nice view of the painted lower front end. No fog lights installed in this photo yet. Yeah, the angle of the lower front opening, screwed up the look of the grill mesh. Guess were gonna have to take off the front end again, to replace it.

Again, the matching painted rear center actually compliments the gunmetal wheels. Pictures don't show this up as well as in real life. Note the very subtle side skirts.

Gotta have a nice exhaust, since this rear skirt shows a lot of it.

From the rear this car is all business ! Great decision red ! Glad you took my advice!

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-03-04 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-03-04 | 06:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Here's some more pics I took. Additional angles not previously shown. I think these really show off the nice features of this kit.

Here's when we first fitted the front end. I must say the TOM's fit and finish was exceptional. No significant misfit at all. You get what you pay for in this instance. The liscense plate holes were filled in BTW. Note how poorly the RMM grill fit. Our favorite local painter fixed all that.

Clears the driveway. Not bad.

Nice view of the painted lower front end. No fog lights installed in this photo yet. Yeah, the angle of the lower front opening, screwed up the look of the grill mesh. Guess were gonna have to take off the front end again, to replace it.

Again, the matching painted rear center actually compliments the gunmetal wheels. Pictures don't show this up as well as in real life. Note the very subtle side skirts.

Gotta have a nice exhaust, since this rear skirt shows a lot of it.

From the rear this car is all business ! Great decision red ! Glad you took my advice!

man glenn

from these clearer angles and pics i really really like the look .. very aggressive and very very tasteful additions ...
Old 10-03-04 | 01:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by lexforlife
man glenn

from these clearer angles and pics i really really like the look .. very aggressive and very very tasteful additions ...
so when are you going to do it ed just pull the plug dude
Old 10-03-04 | 01:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Default Re: Bumper Detail

Originally posted by redgs4
Here's some stuff you can't see from the pictures that I posted. The bumpers are actually two-tone. RMMGS4 floated the idea and I had it done - what's the worst that can happen, right?! As you can see the front and rear bumpers have a nice line/cut-out that lends to the look. Suppose black would have also worked. The silver/gray does not quite match the rims, but I was thinking about having them re-done anyways.

oh chris, i NEVER knew that you got two tone front and back!!!!! hahhaha guess i missed too much action at that time
Old 10-03-04 | 01:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Looks great Red! You know when I first saw pics of this bodykit I didn't like the front end all that much but seeing pics of yours, esp in cinnibar, it looks quite nice
yeah, it's one nice kit, i always love it since the first time i saw it. actually the two air way besides the fogs, tehy are real brake air duct!
Old 10-03-04 | 01:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

No, I'm not -planning- to upgrade. But I also never expected to put a kit on the car [I can hear the LGW guys laughing] or otherwise upgrade cosmetically. Darn peer pressure and all.
yeah of course we are all laughing at you

but hey, congrats man, you outdid yourself again! you got one damn nice kits there, not to mention it's the first one ever. very nice, i love it!
Old 10-04-04 | 12:02 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Two-Tone is beautiful. Never thought of anything like that. It looks great!

John
Old 10-05-04 | 10:46 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Great decision red ! Glad you took my advice!
Ahhhh, took your advice and so much more. RMMGS4 took time out getting his own cars back together and ready for the EOS Meet to test fit several of the parts before bringing them to the body/paint guy. And I know he stopped by the shop several times that week to make sure everything was going well. And this only touches the surface of what turned out to be a good two weeks of car prep-work to completion.

Old 10-05-04 | 10:48 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Bumper Detail

Originally posted by rominl
oh chris, i NEVER knew that you got two tone front and back!!!!! hahhaha guess i missed too much action at that time
Well, I was hoping for subtle, perhaps too successful?
Old 10-05-04 | 10:50 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
yeah of course we are all laughing at you

but hey, congrats man, you outdid yourself again! you got one damn nice kits there, not to mention it's the first one ever. very nice, i love it!
And now the dilemma, what to do for next year?
Old 10-05-04 | 10:53 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by JohnGS4
Two-Tone is beautiful. Never thought of anything like that. It looks great!

John
Thanks. Per the thread, my major contribution [other than paying for everything] was taking advice from those with a grander vision than my own.
Old 10-05-04 | 11:49 PM
Neo
The One

Hehe. Did you see my email?
Old 10-06-04 | 12:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Default Re: Re: Re: Bumper Detail

Well, I was hoping for subtle, perhaps too successful?
haha yeah, too successful. dunno, i hate to say, but i am not sure if the two tone is really worth it. honestly 99 out of 100 people wont' see that at all for sure, and you are paying more money for that. all red would be just fine
Old 10-06-04 | 12:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

oh gosh, red, don't make me spell what you are getting ready for next yr!
Old 10-06-04 | 12:21 AM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Looks amazing...

Very nice job

Quick Reply: Tom's Body Kit