GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Front bumper by Martin Craft

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-01, 04:37 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Fellow ClubLexus, I am wondering, does anyone know where i can this bumper on the following picture? the hood and the front bumper looks incredible. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Front bumper by Martin Craft-103-0384_img.jpg  
Old 04-21-01, 04:46 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

That is pretty amazing looking! As I recall, it is a Rod Millen front bumper that was modified by Bruce Nomura. There are a few more pix at brucenomura.com, but none show it quite as well as the one you posted.
Old 04-21-01, 04:53 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Originally posted by mumbles
That is pretty amazing looking! As I recall, it is a Rod Millen front bumper that was modified by Bruce Nomura. There are a few more pix at brucenomura.com, but none show it quite as well as the one you posted.
mumbles, you're right on!
Old 04-21-01, 05:06 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

THank you Mumbles for the quick reply, so you mean that, there is no way i could buy it? ><, that look is incredible. thanks again~
Old 04-22-01, 07:46 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Well, you could try contacting Bruce and find out if he's willing to do another, but you'd also need to find out what type of driving lights Martin is using so the fit would be the same. I'd imagine that any body shop that deals in custom work could replicate that, again, the key would be to pick a good set of driving lights first and have the bumper molded to them. I know Andy's AutoSport does custom work, but not sure of the cost; http://www.andysautosport.com/bodykits.html
Good luck!
Eric
Old 04-22-01, 08:17 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Default Bruce's Info

Here's Bruce Nomura's contact info;

bruce@brucenomura.com
209-830-6070

Good luck.
Old 04-23-01, 02:23 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that body kit looks alot like the TRD one I saw in a magazine last year I thought that he imported it from japan I know the hood is from TRD japan for sure but I dont know about the front bumper
Old 04-23-01, 02:52 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

I would like to thank all of your for the fast replies and help, i will give Bruce a call on monday, and another thing, I just saw a GS with IMC kit today, and it looks stunning, but it's made of the often fragile fiberglass. How fragile is fiberglass? is it really a big hassle?
Thanks in advanced = D

Old 04-23-01, 05:42 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Wink

Well, it's definitely not as resiliant as urethane, but unless you hit something solid, you shouldn't destroy the piece. That's the good part about fibreglass... it's easy to repair. Since your car is already lowered, do you scrape going over speed bumps or going into steep driveways? If so, take that into account when you choose a body kit, don't get one with a real low front lip or drastic side skirts. If not, you may be ok going wild. Either way, just drive more carefully until you get used to what your car can do with the kit. Where are you located (SJ,LA???)
By the way, I agree that the IMC kit looks very nice!
C-ya
Eric

Last edited by mumbles; 04-23-01 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-23-01, 07:54 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Well, it's definitely not as resiliant as urethane, but unless you hit something solid, you shouldn't destroy the piece. That's the good part about fibreglass... it's easy to repair. Since your car is already lowered, do you scrape going over speed bumps or going into steep driveways? If so, take that into account when you choose a body kit, don't get one with a real low front lip or drastic side skirts. If not, you may be ok going wild. Either way, just drive more carefully until you get used to what your car can do with the kit. Where are you located (SJ,LA???)
By the way, I agree that the IMC kit looks very nice!
C-ya
Eric
Hey Eric, I am located at Irvine, CA, most of the time, for my college, though I often enjoy the vacation back home at San Jose. Thanks for your guidance, I will sure take that into account. The unbelievable part of the IMC kit is that there is the exact same duplicate of the whole KIT made with the same material (fiberclass). Which means the price is not even 1/2 of the real IMC imported from JAPAN (just to think about that 500~700 shipping). Anywayz, I willl post a pic of my car soon, the kit won't arrive until a few month after = P. Thanks.
laterz.

Wei
Old 04-23-01, 11:02 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Very cool. I've spent some time in both areas, in fact I grew up just north of Sacramento although now I call Atlanta home. So have you already ordered a kit then? Be sure to post pix when you get it!
Cheers,
Eric