GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

RMM vs. L-Sportline

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-01, 08:12 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the future, I wanted to get a kit for my GS4 and have looked at many. I am deciding between RMM and L-Sportline, I THINK!!... I had a question though. The RMM kit is said to be made of POLY-urethane and the L-Sportline is just "urethane".... What's the difference??

One of the main things I like about the RMM one is that the "Poly-Urethane" gives a little (or so I hear)... Curbs and such aren't too friendly with me so that would help me out!! Does the "urethane" do the same thing??

I LOVE the RMM kit but I live in so cal (about 5 min. from the RMM building) and EVERYONE has it. I have only seen 1 L-Sportline so I'm leaning towards that one of the 2.......

Any info/suggestions I would love to hear!!

--JJ--
Old 04-21-01, 11:34 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Lex Driver 18, I am going to have a complete L-Sportline setup on my car pretty soon. I already have all the L-Sportline parts and they should be getting and installed Wednesday next week. It will cost me around ~$800 to have everything painted and installed.

There are several things I can tell you about the L-Sportline Kit. First, I can see it is made of very flexible material. However, there is usually a trade-off associated with that. The trade-off I'm talking about here is the paint quality vs. flexibility. The more flexible the material (like polyurethane) the harder it will be to get the paint done "right."
Second, the kit is pretty expensive. You will probably have to put out an extra $800-$1000 for it.
Third, I have seen the kit in person (already painted and mounted on a GS) and I must say it practically REQUIRES (figure of speech) the L-Sportline Exhaust. If I had to guess, the rear bumper adds 2-4 extra inches (I didn't measure this) to the overall length of the car and the L-Sportline exhaust tips fit PERFECTLY. They are especially elongated to accomodate this. I have not seen any other exhausts with this kit, but I can't imagine as great of a fit as the L-Sportline Exhaust.
Not to mention the whole exhaust is chromed and looking amazing.
Third, the one thing that I like (some of you might not take this as very practical) are the additional brake ducts (in the front bumper) used to increase air flow and provide increased brake cooling. With my driving, this will definitely be an asset.
Last, although everyone has heard of L-Sportline, not that many people seem to have it on their GS (except in NJ of course where every other shop on rt 22 offers it as their top pick ). I don't even know of anyone on Club Lexus that has one. If anyone does, speak up now!
Also, although I can't actually confirm this, I know Tyrese (sorry if I misspelled his name) has it installed on his GS4.

Whatever kit you decide to get, it will definitely enchance the overall appearance of your car. Both the RMM (which was my first choice) and the L-Sportline are great looking aero packages and you can't go wrong.

When you're ready, give me a buzz or drop me an email. I'll try to get you an excellent deal on these.

Erick, if you're out there, you better come in here and back me up or no Veilside kit for you. Just kidding.

BTW, I definitely want to see Erick's car when it;s done. He's getting the FULL Veilside outfit. Damn, she's going to have one fine ***....

Old 04-21-01, 11:42 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Lexdriver18 - I am 90 % sure they are the same material. I was in the same situation as you . Those were the 2 kits i was going to buy because they were made from urethane. And if i were to buy a fiberglass kit it would be a genuine WIN Racing Kit.

RMM was kinda plain looking to me and the L-sportline was a little bit more showy. So i was going to get the L-sportline kit. But i have decided to get rims instead .My dad threatened to sell my car if i were to put a body kit on it.

My dad goes to N.O. alot and sees alot of riced out hondas and thinks if i were to get a bodykit i would become a ricer. But i personally would go with either of the kits mentioned . There both classy IMHO .
Old 04-21-01, 11:49 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must agree

Mariusz has AWESOME PRICES!

Cant wait to get my kit
hope the boat speeds up lol

Erick G
Old 04-21-01, 11:49 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Mariusz - I will back you up . I've ordered from Mariusz and would again if i needed anything.

Mariusz if your reading this Private Message TN3 or see the thread in the RX 300 section. He is interested in a RMM grill for his RX 300.

Oh yeah, Mariusz you know anywhere i can get some Volkracing wheels?
Old 04-22-01, 12:41 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

urethane or poly-urethane should be the same. Very flexible, I like it.

The kits I know of that's made from urethane are RMM, L-Sportline, and GReddy front lip.
Old 04-22-01, 01:22 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

1niceride, in exactly 3 days I will be getting my 19" Volk Racing AV3's back in PERFECT condition. I had their lip repolished and paid premium $$ so that I will be able to sell them as brand new. Email me personally and maybe we can work something out.

BTW, I appreciate everyone's support. Thanks.
Old 04-22-01, 02:44 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Mariusz,
Thanks for the post!! You'll have to put up some pics on the site when you get your ride done!! I know you have a silver GS like mine, (I remember seeing a video of you doing burnouts) so I'd like to see how the L-Sportline Kit turns out!! I think I'm going to get that, but I'm not sure when... First on my list of goodies is rims, and then finish my system... Then I'll be lookin at body kits. When I"m ready, I definately will hit you up though!!
Thanx again for the info and good luck with your TIGHT *** RIDE!!

"Jumpin out LEXUS' and humma's show off for my people"
Lil Wayne (Big Tymers)
#1 Stunna
Old 04-22-01, 10:38 AM
lecs001
Driver School Candidate

Cool GS Body Kit Selection

How about the genuine factory GS body kit made by Toyota, imported from Japan ?
The kit comes pre-painted to the factory color and fits perfectly and firmly onto the original attachment points already marked by Toyota on the back of the original bumper cover even though it requires drilling holes. No better fitment can be sought out. When the original paint of your car is somewhat faded due to the sun heat or something, you may see a little difference in color match. It is made of PP, which is the same material as the original bumper cover, very light and results in so sagging in any conditions. As for the rear, the kit comes with the exhaust tip extension, which is as same as the original tip in style but longer. The professionally considered yet stylish design is well accustomed to Aristo and to its brother GS.
At any rate, check out the picture in the Gallery section or visit the website at http://store.yahoo.com/lexusparts for your reference.

Old 04-22-01, 05:17 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default to LECS001

thanks for the link to store.yahoo, very nice site. and the gs pictured in the gallery is cool. a few questions:

1.the REVOLVER 2 pcs.wheel is made by RAYS? what is the actual brand? so all the wheels that are available are on the site?

you said the kit arrives painted in factory color, so i assume this is a special order?

2.i saw the weekly special on the IS pkg. do you know if they ever run the same special (kit + wheels) for the GS?

thanks for your input.

will
Old 04-22-01, 05:46 PM
lecs001
Driver School Candidate

Cool GS Body Kit Selection

Revolver is manufactured by Rays Engineering in Japan, and marketed under its subsidiary company.
Other wheels in the website are made by Enkei and Arrow Enterprise, and sold under each different brand names such as Gewalt.
The GS body kit comes with pre-painted and available in Silver, White, Black and other colors for special order.
Yes we ran a special on the package of GS body kit & wheel, which just ended today. However, if you are interested, we can still work it out. Please contact me directly at wavy@attglobal.net Thanks.