GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Selling the stang and getting GS430

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-01, 01:51 PM
GS430

Well, not yet, but in 6 months to a year i will be selling my beloved 91 mustang gt vert supercharged and mods up the *** for a gs430. I LOVE how they look, i am obsessed. And at the age of 18 i want speed to. But the only drawback of getting one is, iwant one so bad, and also getting it for the image(girls love luxury), but so many bmw and MB owners make fun of lexus, buti dont think that will stop me. Is tehre any websites with teh 2002 model of the gs430, what can be done to these cars, ive been to brucenomura.com and love what hes done to his car. How much HP can the trannys handle. What are some of you paying a month for insurance and for the car is you are leasing it I will be buying mine outright but just wondering. Any other info is great if you have it to provide, let me know-----ahh, and look at my mustang, i dont know if i want to seel it, might just keep it and get the GS430 to.

Attached Thumbnails Selling the stang and getting GS430-image007.jpg  
Old 04-22-01, 01:56 PM
Francis K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ummm

Lose the trash and get some class

(in other words get the LEX!)

Sorry about that
Old 04-22-01, 02:24 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default get the gs430

hello gs430,

there are toooo many mods and upgrades you can do to the gs. instaed of missing some goodies, i would recommend you take a few days and read through all the precious posts and info that many members have piled up over the past few months. we just had this new and improved site several months ago, and there are just too much info thta a member can tell you without losing some other details.

what are your budgets and priorities? suspensions, handling engine, breaking or looks along? tell us what you try top get out of your gs?

at your age, i had inform you the approx. ins ~$200-250/ month for full coverage in calif, depend on your record.

i see you are in calif. let me know if you need any info on the pricing of the gs430(i know people in high place for low price, just helped out a member in getting a rareml+nav 430). you can use the Private Message box.

i see you love your stang. but when it comes to "babe magnet", nothing beast the lex, especially the gs(no offense to other owners), trust me(i have been there and done that ). i am 33 and at my age, spped and luxury have go together, imho, one gs430 is all you need.
Old 04-22-01, 04:22 PM
GS430

well i will be working on the suspension, i hear that the gs's suspension/handling is good, but a bmw 5 series will take me in that area, so i will be upgrading that. The looks, well it looks great stock, but i want to add some 18 or 19 inh rims on tehre, i love that bruce nomura stuff, i was at his website and his car just looks awesome. For speed, taht will come later on, right now i want looks and suspension/handling so when i get the speed ill have the handeling. Right now i pay 220 a month for my mustang, and thats a 1991!!! i have full coverage on it, 100/p300 premiums as well. I want the navigation, but the sound system i dont know if i will be adding subwoofers/amps etc. Is the upgrade good, it looks expensive, just wondering if its worth all teh money, 10 speaker system??. Thanks, i hope your there for me in about 7 months gs4will so i can get that oustanding deal!
Old 04-22-01, 05:09 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up the way to go

IMHO, sell the stang and use the money for the gs430, no regret, i guarantee you-life will never be the same

the nav+ml system is ~$5k more. if you WANT the nav, AND have the budget, def go for it.

if you can live without the nav, AND want some aftermarket speakers and subs, just get the premium pkg.

the mods stage, you are on the right track-suspension first, then wheels. gs already has plenty power, how to tame them under control is more important.

which part of CAl are you? let me know when you are ready for some lex luxury. and performance.
Old 04-22-01, 05:24 PM
GS430

i live near sacramento