GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

NJ Englishtown Meet May 26th !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-01, 03:36 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all. It's time for an East Coast Meet!!!! Several of my friends and I are going to be in Englishtown on May 26th. The supra guys are also having a meet/dyno get together on that day. Can I get a show of hands who's interested?
Old 04-23-01, 04:54 AM
Ira Senoff
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very interested.

E-town is about 15 minutes from my house. Maybe, if you guys wants, and the wife doesn't kill me, we can use my driveway, garage, and surrounding parking area (townhouse) as the clean up and staging area for the ride to E-town. Nothing like a bunch of $50,000 luxo/performance cars going nose to tail down Route 18 in East Brunswick.

I may be able to get my local dealer in on it (we set my salesman up with my sister-in-law).

Also, don't worry about the local police officers, I am an attorney in East Brunswick, represent one of their officers in his divorce, grew up with most of the presently employed officers in my town and the surrounding towns, and, to top it off, am a former municipal prosecutor for one of NJ's busier municipal courts. Needless to say, we are covered and can get away with a mild assault on our public roadways.

Mariusz - aren't you the guy with great prices on some parts? I have been trying to find you, got a 2000 GS400 as a leftover in February and I want to start modifying it yesterday.

Call me at 732 266 1169 (cell phone). I will call you right back so you don't get stuck w/ the LD charges.

Last edited by Ira Senoff; 04-23-01 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-23-01, 05:11 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Ira Senoff, that is one of the best propositions I've heard in a while. It would be awesome if we can make it happen. I'm sure everyone would appreciate your kindness.

PS. Expect a phonecall from me this afternoon.

Old 04-23-01, 07:33 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Englishtown

mariusz,

I'm gonna be in Englishtown on Sunday at around 8am for the day. Gonna put my car in the show (not to compete, just to have parked w/ all the others) and for the races on Sunday.

Will you, Mo, and the others be around on Sunday too?

Ted920
Old 04-23-01, 08:32 AM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How was the meet?
Old 04-23-01, 08:32 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

ted, I'm not 100% sure that I will be there on Sunday. Also, I emailed Mo and are currently awaiting his response. I'm not sure if he will be able to get his setup all ready within 1 month. I know he is planning to unleash a bomb and you all will get to see that when the time is right. I'm not going to spoil a surprise, but how does a high 9sec or low 10sec 4000lbs GS400 w/ full interior sound? Ooops too late

Ira, I tried to contact you on your cell, however, you were away. I left you a message and my phone number, so whenever you get a chance, give me a buzz. If I'm away for any reason, just leave me a message and I will promptly return your call. Thanks.

Old 04-23-01, 11:49 AM
XbulldogOLD
Rookie

Thumbs up count me in!.....

Hey all, count me in for a May 26th meet in E-Town, I used to race my 12 second Supra there all the time.....its a good time thats only made better with more people with the same interests.....how many people plan on racing their GS'? Would it be worth it for me to race my GS400 with just a GReddy exhaust?......or maybe I'd be better off just displaying it and watching the 9-10 second monsters........
Old 04-23-01, 12:34 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Cool Bulldog

Bulldog,

are you coming to the CT meet this Saturday April 28 @ 1:00pm @ Roy Rodgers on the Berlin Turnpike in newington?

I'll be in Englishtown for the Car show/ Bikini Contest/ Drag Racing on Sunday. will you be there Sunday as well?

ted920
Old 04-25-01, 04:54 AM
Ira Senoff
Driver

Maruisz,

Looks like it is a "go" for saturday. Spoke to the wife last night and we have nothing planned for the daytime so she is interested in going too. After all, she drives the damned GS to the office during the week (she drives less miles than I do). Besides, I think she thinks that her attendance will keep me from driving likea maniac or buying stuff.

Call me. Will talk about head count, directions, and timing.

Also, at your earliest opportunity, please price out the RMM Intrax Sways, Strut Tower Brace, and Bilstein Shocks. It is about time I get to work on this sled.........

Thanks,

Ira
Old 04-25-01, 10:17 AM
XbulldogOLD
Rookie

Question about that CT meet

Hey Ted920, I really want to be there this Saturday, but a death in my family will be keeping me home for a while. I was fully planning on being there up until last week. However, by the time Englishtown rolls around, things should be OK and I will be there. Sorry about this Saturday.....but family comes first.....

is anybody planning on racing their GS' at E-town?....I look forward to meeting you all then!
Old 04-25-01, 04:16 PM
RonM
Driver School Candidate

Question

This is a stupid question, but is that Memorial Weekend? I'm just wondering because if it isn't then I'll definitely be able to go.

Sorry for the question, but I can't find a calendar right now.

Thanks.

Old 04-25-01, 07:56 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Ira, sorry I couldn't get in touch with you today. I will tomorrow afternoon.

RonM, I believe it is Memorial Day Weekend.

PS I'm also going to link this post to is300.net We'll see if we can get more people to go.
Old 04-26-01, 11:53 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Englishtown the 26th

Disregard my previous post, I screwed up the dates and thought you were talking about May5-6 in Englishtown, their SPRING NATIONALS.
I will make your event on the 26th. I sthis @ Raceway Park?

How many total attendees do you expect?

Ted
Old 05-03-01, 10:09 AM
GS400RTR
Driver School Candidate

Default Englishtown

You will def see me there at Englishtown on the 26th. Anyone coming from Northern NJ-Paramus Area contact me @ Roubian1@aol.com. Maybe we can all get together, and drive down together. Well hope to hear from everyone soon and looking realy foward to the 26th!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-01, 11:24 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

I've been in touch with Ira and as far as everything stand now, it's on! I would like to see a consensus as to what time you guys want to meet at Ira's house. I would suggest we start heading to the park around 11:30 am latest. There is probably going to be a line.

Quick Reply: NJ Englishtown Meet May 26th !!!