GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

whats the prefered interior?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-04, 11:43 AM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your prefered interior color?

I was just wondering what color interior you prefer.
Black leather or beige?
what are the pros and cons?
pics to back up your statement would be great.
Im just looking for some input and some opinions.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dave

Last edited by nyczdave; 10-08-04 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-08-04, 12:23 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oy vey....Dave my homeboy...you'll never make up your mind....by the time you pick a GS, I'll have sold mine already

speaking of which, wanna buy it?
Old 10-08-04, 12:30 PM
nyczdave
Pole Position

yeh man i can't decide. im def pushing for the black interior now. but i just wanted some pics and some feedback. to secure my mind. ahhaha..
Old 10-08-04, 12:47 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IVORY all the way
Old 10-08-04, 12:49 PM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Why do u choose ivory interior over black?

Originally posted by chuckb
IVORY all the way
Old 10-08-04, 12:56 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the beige leather and interior on mine. I think it looks better in the GS than the black does, but many times I wish I had the black simply because the leather wouldn't show worn out dye and dirt as easily.

Usually I think black interiors look better, especially on cars that have aluminum trim and such. But the 2nd gen GS just looks too laid back and classy for black to really give it the "modern" look that it does for some other cars.
Old 10-08-04, 01:00 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by nyczdave
Why do u choose ivory interior over black?
I think Ivory looks clean & classier. Black looks tacky,IMO. Black also gets super hot here in FL if car is parked in sun for anytime.
Attached Thumbnails whats the prefered interior?-gs-int.jpg  
Old 10-08-04, 01:19 PM
MonStarr
Driver School Candidate

I think that the exterior color should weigh heavily on your interior color. For example, I couldn't imagine my Imperial Jade GS or the Spectra Blue w/ black leather interior. But then again the Alpine/millenium silver GS's just wouldn't look right with the tan leather.... IMHO. I think you should find a color combo that looks right to you. Also the heat factor. I wouldn't not want to sit on Black leather seats during a GA summer!

Last edited by MonStarr; 10-08-04 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-08-04, 01:51 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

I'm pretty sure silver only come w/grey or black int.
Old 10-08-04, 02:27 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by MonStarr
I think that the exterior color should weigh heavily on your interior color. For example, I couldn't imagine my Imperial Jade GS or the Spectra Blue w/ black leather interior. But then again the Alpine/millenium silver GS's just wouldn't look right with the tan leather.... IMHO. I think you should find a color combo that looks right to you. Also the heat factor. I wouldn't not want to sit on Black leather seats during a GA summer!
I agree, there is no "universal nice interior color". I have to disagree on the Imperial Jade/Black and Spectra Blue/Black though. Richie has green/black and iceplatinum has blue/black and both are hot! I think another thing that plays a part is rarity. Finding a Black/Black GS or SC is VERY hard, thus the black interiors are more desirable. I have never seen Cinnabar and Black I think that woud be a awesome combo.

For my car color, tan just "works" for others, its optional!
Old 10-08-04, 04:11 PM
MonStarr
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I agree, there is no "universal nice interior color". I have to disagree on the Imperial Jade/Black and Spectra Blue/Black though. Richie has green/black and iceplatinum has blue/black and both are hot! I think another thing that plays a part is rarity. Finding a Black/Black GS or SC is VERY hard, thus the black interiors are more desirable. I have never seen Cinnabar and Black I think that woud be a awesome combo.

Right. In the end it just ends up coming down to personal prefrence...go with what you thinks look good. After all you are going to be the one who has to look at it day in and day out. I feel the more you like your vehicle overall, the better you will take care of it.

I am not a huge fan of the black leather but I must agree that a black on black on black (wood) GS could very well be rawest combo...
Old 10-08-04, 04:18 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT

man, black interiors are easy to get here in FL, nobody want's them. Check out the inventory this place near tampa has. They always have tons of GSes and always at least one or two black on black
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/id...r_id=168640971
They have 3 blk/blk right now. one 2001 w/ 31kmiles for $24900 or something.

Last edited by chuckb; 10-08-04 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-08-04, 06:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i have black on my is3 and ivory on my gs4. after all the driving and stuff, honestly i probably would choose black over ivory. easy to keep clean!
Old 10-08-04, 07:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by chuckb
I think Ivory looks clean & classier. Black looks tacky,IMO. Black also gets super hot here in FL if car is parked in sun for anytime.
actually, ivory or black, if you put the car under the sun for a while, they are all just as hot. there was a study a while ago in some mag i read that the color of the leather don't really matter. since the car is all in closure, the overall temp inside the car get so hot everything is just as hot
Old 10-08-04, 07:15 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

My preference is black. In fact, I chose the interior color before I chose the exterior color. I really love the look of a black interior, and, here in Chicago, the heat is not too much of a factor. It is true that it is easier to keep clean and the leather doesn't show as much wear, but those are side benefits in my opinion. I just like the way it looks.

Once I chose black on the inside, my choices in exterior colors were limited to black and silver (I think you could special order a black interior with some other exterior colors like white diamond pearl or spectra blue mica, but it's a rare find). I ended up going with black interior/alpine silver exterior and I love the combination. I've seen a few alpine silver cars with the lighter leather (not sure if it's ivory or beige), and, in my opinion, it just doesn't look right. Here's a picture of my interior:
Attached Thumbnails whats the prefered interior?-111-1191_img-resized-.jpg  

Quick Reply: whats the prefered interior?