GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thoughts: LMW Remote Start and sense-o-shock alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-04 | 09:15 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

what was the price again ???
Old 10-16-04 | 12:20 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

The alarm takes no more then 20 mintues max to install. However, the remote start takes about an hour... Hope that helps
Old 10-16-04 | 06:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Default Re: alarm

Originally posted by Gs Dreams
is it really that hard to install a after market alarm since the factory one is installed through the ecu
rmmgs4 did his, he said it was very hard
Old 10-16-04 | 06:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Henry, let me get this straight... Sometimes when you do a remote start, your CD player does not come on? Does everything else power up like the AC and stuff? Maybe Steve over at LMW will have an answer for you. Hopfully your CD player isn't going bad.. All my audio equipment powers on just fine when i do a remote start. And you know I have a tun of stuff that has to power on...Let me know bro...
yup, when i use the auto start, the audio doesn't come on sometimes. but when i press the cd button it plays again. no idea why, i thought it's a common problem

if i use my key to start the car though, 100% of the time the audio will come up fine? @_@
Old 10-17-04 | 07:25 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by lexusondubs
what was the price again ???
for the remote start and the shock sensor ??
Old 10-17-04 | 07:30 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lexusondubs
for the remote start and the shock sensor ??
it will be announced next week in the vendor section. Keep you eyes posted. It's going to be one hell of a deal...
Old 10-17-04 | 07:46 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
it will be announced next week in the vendor section. Keep you eyes posted. It's going to be one hell of a deal...
thanks ken
Old 10-17-04 | 08:16 PM
93lscoupe
Rookie

I agree with you guys, the setup is really cool and works great. Hasn't failed yet. (Knock on wood. )But I did notice one thing about the remote start.

It seems to crank the engine a hair longer than I would usually do to start the car. When starting the car manually, I usually just give it just enough juice to start it. The remote start cranks it for quite a bit longer. I'm not sure if this is bad or not, but it's just something I noticed. Does anyone know if this is bad for anything? maybe the starter? Any thoughts?
Old 10-17-04 | 10:15 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 93lscoupe
I agree with you guys, the setup is really cool and works great. Hasn't failed yet. (Knock on wood. )But I did notice one thing about the remote start.

It seems to crank the engine a hair longer than I would usually do to start the car. When starting the car manually, I usually just give it just enough juice to start it. The remote start cranks it for quite a bit longer. I'm not sure if this is bad or not, but it's just something I noticed. Does anyone know if this is bad for anything? maybe the starter? Any thoughts?
All of the remote starts crank a fraction of a sec longer to assure engine startup. I know of some after market remote starts/alarms that do the same. One thing to remember is that all cars are different. Some cars may require more juice to start than others. IMO, It shouldn't be a problem in any way unless you are doing 10 remote starts a day. Since the LMW remote start is developed by Lexus Master Techs, I don't believe they would develop something that would hurt our cars. If you are still concerned, give Steve at Luxury Motor Works a call so he can talk to you. 626-256-4849. Being a Master Tech for over 10 years, he has tons of valuable info regarding our cars.
Old 10-17-04 | 11:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

yup i agree, as long as you don't crank it too much to the point that you hear those HORRIBLE sound it's all good
Old 10-18-04 | 01:49 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Post Longer cranking time.

Originally posted by 93lscoupe

If your car has a factory imobilizer. Your longer crank time when using the remote start may be due to this.
By the way guys, I've also been waiting for the GB for the Sense-O-Shock alarm with remote start. I've talked to Steve at LMW and he guaranteed me the GB price. Mine should be here by Mon. the 18th. I ordered the alarm and remote start for $380 including next day air and the $35 for the extra key, which is needed to get by the imobilizer. Hope this helps.

Will

P.S.
I forgot to mention that the longer crank time is not harmfull. It just takes a little longer for the ECU to recognize the code from the chip in the extra key I mentioned above.
Old 10-18-04 | 11:05 AM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

If the remote is manufactured by Lexus Master Techs, why is this "luxury" option not even an option from Lexus? If I go to the dealer they discourage me from using one and threaten warranty voiding (potential starter issues). I've heard various reasons that these cars, including at least BMW who put it in their actual manual, that long-term this isn't good for the engine. I had one on my Accord for a year and saw no issues but I'm not about to screw with a $40k vehicle just to stay warm.
Old 10-18-04 | 01:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by LexusPride
If the remote is manufactured by Lexus Master Techs, why is this "luxury" option not even an option from Lexus? If I go to the dealer they discourage me from using one and threaten warranty voiding (potential starter issues). I've heard various reasons that these cars, including at least BMW who put it in their actual manual, that long-term this isn't good for the engine. I had one on my Accord for a year and saw no issues but I'm not about to screw with a $40k vehicle just to stay warm.
if the dealership can prove that the start causes whatever problem, yes they can void THAT part of the warranty, otherwise they have to pay. meaning if the remote start causes the starter to go bad for whatever reason, yes, they can void that warranty. but if your tranny blows, they can't blame anything. tell them to go read the laws before coming in and threaten you.

whether something is an option for the car is totally up to manufacturer, so there is no reason why. from my memeory i dn't really recall cars with auto start from manufacturer?

and a lexus master tech developped the auto start on the side, that has nothing to do with lexus
Old 10-18-04 | 02:14 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

The remote starter simply simulates the ignition key being turned in the ignition cylinder. In many ways it is actually better than doing it with the key. We all know how weak the Lexus key base is and every time you go to start the car it weakens the key base. Eventually the base breaks and the keys are extremely expensive to replace. In no way shape or form is remotely starting your vehicle any different on the starter than actually starting it with the key.
Old 10-18-04 | 02:18 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by Luxury Motorworks
The remote starter simply simulates the ignition key being turned in the ignition cylinder. In many ways it is actually better than doing it with the key. We all know how weak the Lexus key base is and every time you go to start the car it weakens the key base. Eventually the base breaks and the keys are extremely expensive to replace. In no way shape or form is remotely starting your vehicle any different on the starter than actually starting it with the key.
ok please tell me what makes your product better than say a full viper setup with the remote start and all the goodies iam very interested in your product but i would like to know what exactly makes it better than oter alarm systems ??? thanks shawn

Quick Reply: Thoughts: LMW Remote Start and sense-o-shock alarm