GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thoughts: LMW Remote Start and sense-o-shock alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-04 | 02:22 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Just to answer your questions reguarding the warranty. The dealer is correct in the fact most remote starters will void your warranty when related to the starter. Most remote starters require you to cut the ignition and starter wires when installing a remote starter. The LuxLink does not require you to cut any wires during the installation process. You can actually install the LuxLink and remove it and no one would ever know it was there. If something were to ever go wrong with the LuxLink you could actually unplug it in a matter of minutes and your warranty would be full again.
Old 10-18-04 | 02:38 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

The two biggest features that make people buy the LuxLink.
1. NO EXTRA REMOTES
a. you use your existing factory remote keys

2. NO WIRES ARE CUT IN THE INSTALLATION PROCESS.
b. maintain the integrity of the existing factory wiring harness
Old 10-18-04 | 02:52 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

any plan on coming back to NorCal for another group installation?
Old 10-18-04 | 02:56 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

If the interest was there and it was worth the trip we would definately do it. We had a great time meeting everyone and it was a good day for us.
Old 10-18-04 | 04:14 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by Luxury Motorworks
If the interest was there and it was worth the trip we would definately do it. We had a great time meeting everyone and it was a good day for us.
ok what about florida ???
Old 10-18-04 | 04:19 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by lexusondubs
ok what about florida ???
no siren ?? when the shock sensor is activated does the horn beep only ??
Old 10-18-04 | 04:36 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

no siren ?? when the shock sensor is activated does the horn beep only ??
The shock sensor is dual stage meaning that if someone hits your car, it will give off a horn beep first. If someone hits it again or with more force, the factory alarm will go off. The shock sensor is adjustable to your desire. If you want a super sensitive alarm, or not, you can do so...

One more thing. This alarm is not to compete with a Viper, Alpine, Clifford and so on. Those alarms cost way over $300 and have several more features added. However, you will also need a professional to install those alarms. The LMW LuxLink sense-o-shock alarm is an easy upgrade to add more security to your FACTORY alarm. It's a plug and play unit and doesn't require a professional to install...

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-18-04 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-18-04 | 04:47 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
The shock sensor is dual stage meaning that if someone hits your car, it will give off a horn beep first. If someone hits it again or with more force, the factory alarm will go off. The shock sensor is adjustable to your desire. If you want a super sensitive alarm, or not, you can do so...

One more thing. This alarm is not to compete with a Viper, Alpine, Clifford and so on. Those alarms cost way over $300 and have several more features added. However, you will also need a profesional to install those alarms. The LMW LuxLink sense-o-shock alarm is an easy upgrade to add more security to your FACTORY alarm. It's a plug and play unit and doesn't require a professional to install...
Ken....sounds cool...how much (un-installed) for just the shock sensor?

Does LMW know how to override the HID lowbeams from flashing when the alarm is triggered? Maybe switch to have High-beams flash instead of HID lowbeams. Just wondering.

Last edited by PHML; 10-18-04 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-18-04 | 05:24 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by PHML
Ken....sounds cool...how much (un-installed) for just the shock sensor?

Does LMW know how to override the HID lowbeams from flashing when the alarm is triggered? Maybe switch to have High-beams flash instead of HID lowbeams. Just wondering.
Pete, the GB price is going to be $125 for the sense-o-shock alarm. As for overriding the lowbeams, we did try one experiment however i lost all function of my headlights in general. Again, you have to remember that Lexus designed your alarm system. The whole point of the Lux-Link alarm is to tap into your factory alarm without modifications. In the long run, i'm sure it "can" be done but it would take a lot of research and trial& error to make it happen. Right now LMW does not have that time because they are working on bigger projects for the IS/GS cars...
Old 10-18-04 | 05:56 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by LXOGOOD

One more thing. This alarm is not to compete with a Viper, Alpine, Clifford and so on. Those alarms cost way over $300 and have several more features added. However, you will also need a profesional to install those alarms. The LMW LuxLink sense-o-shock alarm is an easy upgrade to add more security to your FACTORY alarm. It's a plug and play unit and doesn't require a professional to install...
thanks but when the factory alarm goes off will it continue to sound till the battery dies or will it sound for 60 seconds like some of the others ????
Old 10-18-04 | 06:43 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

thanks but when the factory alarm goes off will it continue to sound till the battery dies or will it sound for 60 seconds like some of the others ????

good question! ... i wanna know too
Old 10-18-04 | 07:35 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

The factory alarm works exactly the way it did from the factory. The only thing we are doing is minipulating the factory alarm so it goes off if someone tampers with your vehicle. The alarm will sound for 60 seconds then reset itself.
Old 10-18-04 | 08:42 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by Luxury Motorworks
The factory alarm works exactly the way it did from the factory. The only thing we are doing is minipulating the factory alarm so it goes off if someone tampers with your vehicle. The alarm will sound for 60 seconds then reset itself.
ok thanks for answering my questions iam pretty much sold on the idea when is the group buy ?? and how much is the starter with the shock sensor ???
Old 10-18-04 | 09:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

ok please tell me what makes your product better than say a full viper setup with the remote start and all the goodies iam very interested in your product but i would like to know what exactly makes it better than oter alarm systems ??? thanks shawn
to me the biggest (and also the one that triggered me) reason for the LMW setup is that there is no second remote, which i think is kinda stupid. right now still one remote, yay!
Old 10-18-04 | 09:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i forgot but i remember it sounds for a while and then stop

Quick Reply: Thoughts: LMW Remote Start and sense-o-shock alarm