GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New 2006 GS(Flint Mica) Spotted at Nürburgring! Very encouraging!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-04, 12:57 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hey, it seems fun to be in...I like it!
Attached Thumbnails -img_0302.jpg  

Last edited by SecPole14; 10-21-04 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-21-04, 01:36 PM
LexFather

Default Re: New GS(Flint Mica) Spotted at Nürburgring!

THAT IS SO GORGOUS!!! THIS IS VERY ENCOURAGING!!!!
Old 10-21-04, 01:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm ok, i like mine more...

and the tails.... somehow it tells me corolla...
Old 10-21-04, 01:48 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Cadd
How can you say that? The wheels look pretty good for OEM. I think they look like they're 18s with low-profile tires. IMO, that's not bad at all for OEM.
LOL. I'm just used to seeing my car with 20s now. I just said they look small. I made no judgement on whether or not it was good for a set of OEMs.

Last edited by Neo; 10-21-04 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-21-04, 01:51 PM
LexFather

BTW, is that color like a graphite grey?
Old 10-21-04, 02:27 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bleh...

the 3rd gen. is just wutever to me.... when i first saw pictures of it i got really excited... but as i look at it more and more... it just doesn't work with me... like alot of us have already said... maxima rear, and avalon front.... i expected more from Lexus, but hey... i got my 2nd generation and she's a thing of beauty.. we'll just have to wait and see what the 3rd gen. can do... but as of now... my 2nd gen. tops the 3rd...
Old 10-21-04, 03:10 PM
2KGS400
Driver

I like mine more too. The 2nd gen came out with ground breaking design and everyone from Ford to Hyundai ripped it off......now Lexus is doing what they did to others. This car has the stance of a G35 with an Avalon front end, Maxima profile and Corolla tail lights.....I'm kinda glad I won't be fiending to spend that much more money....more for mods!
Old 10-21-04, 03:41 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default This car looks like CRAP!!

I HATE IT. Whole car looks cheap. Altima all the way. The rear tail lights are plain and even though the badges aren't on it now, they have cheesy placement. The headlights are also WAY WEAKER LOOKING than a 98-05.The biggest compliment I have is that the front looks like an IS in the straight on shot.

Lexus messed up bigtime and took a step backwards in styling.

Car looks like it should be in same price range with Corrolas and Altimas. How could they think this GENERIC, ROUND, UGLY styling is an improvement, C'MON.

Sorry, But I have been waiting to get that out of my system
Old 10-21-04, 04:01 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

its ok.. but some reason if u covered up the taillights and just look at the rear it reminds me of the altima

the contour of the roof from behind resembles a passat

Last edited by joshoowa; 10-21-04 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-21-04, 04:05 PM
LexFather

I don't think most understand what has happened here.
The 1st gen GS was Giugario designed, how many sedans can say that?
The 2nd gen GS was to meet and beat the Germans and mimicked their size. Along with the Passat, it brought the now IMITATED BY EVERYONE curved roofline. Even the new Mazda 3 has that now.
The GS was the first car to put the turn signal inside the headlights. Now look at all the other cars that have coppied this. Altima, the new Benz's. Etc Etc
Even inside, how many have copied the gauge panel? The optitron gauges are 1 of a kind. No OTHER CAR has this.
The GS was the first car with the wood going up the sides of the console. This was copied by the TL and now the new Suburu Legacy.

The GS in 1997/1998 and until the $#^%&*&& NISSAN KNOCK-OFFS CAME was possibly the most daring SEDAN in styling.
The GS has split rear lamps! Only the IS has that as well.

The GS has been out almost 8 years. The design is now familar. You can thank those Nissan rip-offs for making you feel the new GS is nothing special.

But we should know, LEXUS is in the details. There are design cues on the 2nd Gen GS u really have to look and see.

There is not much else a sedan can do to look different. It's pretty much all been done.
Think about it. Lexus sold MAYBE 100k GSs in the USA in 8 years.
That knockoff Altima sells near 300k a year. We see em everywhere.
That knockoff Maxima sells near 100k a year.
The G35 sedan less so but I've heard the GS looking comment.
For those that travel, you might have gotten one of the above as a Rental.

The FACT is Lexus cannot control what OTHERS have done to mimic the GS. So when Lexus went evolutionary, with the 3rd gen, it was going to look like the others that copied the 2nd gen.

And besides, the LS has always looked, like a Benz. Maybe this is how some of them feel?
Old 10-21-04, 05:10 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 'Hey, Nice Altima"

Sicklex-I respect your opinion and agree with what you said about the GS being copied. And the LS definately looks like a Benz.
But, the looks of this car are FAR from evolutionary. C'mon, we all know Lex could have done much better. If nothin else, they should have just done minor tweaks on the 2nd gen or LEFT IT ALONE.

Oh yeah, and the dumbasses got rid of the optitron gauges for the ES looking style

Did someone different design this one than other gens or what?!
Old 10-21-04, 05:26 PM
LexFather

Default Re: 'Hey, Nice Altima"

Originally posted by chuckb
Sicklex-I respect your opinion and agree with what you said about the GS being copied. And the LS definately looks like a Benz.
But, the looks of this car are FAR from evolutionary. C'mon, we all know Lex could have done much better. If nothin else, they should have just done minor tweaks on the 2nd gen or LEFT IT ALONE.

Oh yeah, and the dumbasses got rid of the optitron gauges for the ES looking style

Did someone different design this one than other gens or what?!
I didn't mean revolutionary. That would be like 1st gen to 2nd gen styling. Huge difference. This 3rd gen extends on 2nd gen traits and styling. You may disagree, cool
Old 10-21-04, 05:49 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can live with it...bring it on ...i want an AWD version NOW!

oh..MATADOR RED too...
Old 10-21-04, 05:57 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I don't think most understand what has happened here.
The 1st gen GS was Giugario designed, how many sedans can say that?
The 2nd gen GS was to meet and beat the Germans and mimicked their size. Along with the Passat, it brought the now IMITATED BY EVERYONE curved roofline. Even the new Mazda 3 has that now.
The GS was the first car to put the turn signal inside the headlights. Now look at all the other cars that have coppied this. Altima, the new Benz's. Etc Etc
Even inside, how many have copied the gauge panel? The optitron gauges are 1 of a kind. No OTHER CAR has this.
The GS was the first car with the wood going up the sides of the console. This was copied by the TL and now the new Suburu Legacy.

The GS in 1997/1998 and until the $#^%&*&& NISSAN KNOCK-OFFS CAME was possibly the most daring SEDAN in styling.
The GS has split rear lamps! Only the IS has that as well.

The GS has been out almost 8 years. The design is now familar. You can thank those Nissan rip-offs for making you feel the new GS is nothing special.

But we should know, LEXUS is in the details. There are design cues on the 2nd Gen GS u really have to look and see.

There is not much else a sedan can do to look different. It's pretty much all been done.
Think about it. Lexus sold MAYBE 100k GSs in the USA in 8 years.
That knockoff Altima sells near 300k a year. We see em everywhere.
That knockoff Maxima sells near 100k a year.
The G35 sedan less so but I've heard the GS looking comment.
For those that travel, you might have gotten one of the above as a Rental.

The FACT is Lexus cannot control what OTHERS have done to mimic the GS. So when Lexus went evolutionary, with the 3rd gen, it was going to look like the others that copied the 2nd gen.

And besides, the LS has always looked, like a Benz. Maybe this is how some of them feel?
Can this be the set response to all the nissan ...corolla comments

Old 10-21-04, 05:57 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Ehh...

its alright... nothing too speciall that makes u go "WOW"

too bad its no comparison to What The new BMW's or the new Benz's are looking like...

Has Lexus Lost it ?

Quick Reply: New 2006 GS(Flint Mica) Spotted at Nürburgring! Very encouraging!