GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Bird crap from hell: Begone and never come back!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-04, 03:24 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bird crap from hell: Begone and never come back!

So I come out of the house one day to discover a huge bird crap stuck to my front hood and has apparently been baking out in the sun for a few hours. I wash it off quickly and I'm afraid its been a bit too late. The intoxicating dung had eaten through my paint and has left an impeccable stain.

The next day I washed the whole car, claybar'd, wax'd.... the whole 9 yards!!! NOthing!!! the stain looked as if it left an imprint into my car in the shape of the original abstract peice of dung art. Keep in mind I've had approximately 8 coats of Zaino on my car at this point. I tried to zaino 2 more coats over it and it still did not work, infact the Zaino worked so well it magnified the Dung piece as if Andy Warhol had decided to play a nasty trick on me. So I figure I'm gonna have to repaint my hood.

Since Lonely Toothbrush has that hood for sale I figured I'd drop by next week to pick it up so lets work on my hood for the hell of it. I figure I can mess it up and it'll be ok. I'll just get a new hood or something.

So I begin to work.

1st I washed my car w/ Dawn stripping down everything, getting in between all the nooks n crannies w/ a Qtip. I took 1500 grit sandpaper and wraped it around the eraser side of a pencil. Took a small stool and placed it infront of my hood along w/ a sponge soaked w/ water/detergent. I began to wet sand the area w/ the bird crap carefully rubbing lightly at the dung indented parts.

I followed by Clay bar'ing the whole car including that spot.

As I finished and dried that part up the paint obviously looks all dull and scratched up at this point. I grab my 3m Rubbing compound specifically designed for 1200 and finer grit scratches. I use a Tshirt and work the rubbing compound in w/ approximately 4 coats. Putting 1 coat on.... polishing it out. then on to the next so on and so on. What I kinda messed up on was I applied the rubbing compound while out in the hot sun. I think this would work better if you were in the shade or in the garage.

I was amazed by the 3-4 coat. The scratches were significantly gone. No dull look unless you were in close inspection w/ that area.

So now after the whole car is clean and the buffing compound has been applied. I go on to wax the whole car. I have read many great reviews on Meguiars NXT wax. So I decided to give it a try since my car is bare as ever. Let me tell you... this thing smells great! (mind you I am in the garage at this point). The aroma makes me want to keep waxing my car more often.

It glides on so easily. The applicator pad that comes w/ it kinda sucks but it works. I ended up waxing the whole car, windows included. After I got my wax on I pulled my car out to bake in the sun a bit. Buffed the hood out a bit and applied another coat of wax.

After all said and done, I took off the wax and OMG I am amazed how well the Meguiars NXT works. I actually went wow and was impressed. Here is my overview.... keep in mind that I've been using Zaino in the past.

On a black car the Zaino doesn't really do it for me. It gives an awesome shine like no other. A nice mirrored sexy finish but it totally lacks depth. To me it seems as if it enhances some of the flaws in my paint. Perhaps that is me being **** but thats just me. While I was using Zaino I definitely liked it. and would vouche it to anyone. Its definitely worth its money and it works WAYYYYY better when I had my IS300 in GGP. But on a black car it just give the same effect. Since our black cars look very thin and lack depth all the Zaino does is just make it gloss like hell!!!

Now after I used the Meguiars NXT, I think it totally changes the way my car looks. Not only do I achieve a nice mirrored look but it has depth. The word that comes to mind now when I look at my car is it has a nice luster to it. Lexus has awesome pearl paint but unfortunately Black Onyx just doesn't get it. NXT provides that luster to give it sort of a pearlish look. Does it reflect as much as zaino? I doubt it but I wasn't able to tell... maybe a side by side comparison would surely point Zaino as the winner. But the fact that I got a nice deep textured look really impressed me. I give it 2 thumbs up and would recommend it over Zaino for any Black cars. On my GGP I would have to say that Zaino OwnZ!!!!

PS I used the NXT on my powdercoated wheels and they are BLINGIN!!! THey really make the wheels standout!!! highly recommended it... I also used Blue Magic polishing cream on my wheels lip to get em to stand out.... it takes a bit of work but highly worth it. Just alot of elbow grease and effort to get those lips to *pooof*

all in all... I am very happy w/ today's results. I apologize I do not have any photos to back this up. I'm too lazy and I dont want to just take a photo just anywhere...I will take a nice drive up to a decent scenic place once i get my car finished. I plan on stripping my car bare to take care of all the scratches and imperfections on my car. I will show a comparison picture of Zaino and NXT when I get the chance to do it.

Have a nice day!
Old 10-22-04, 09:01 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, that happend to me and now i never park under trees anymore. I tell you, they must be eating acid or something because in a matter of 3 hours it was to the metal. Now i have to repaint my roof in front of my rear glass and a spot on my hood (paint started to crackle there, but didnt get to the metal)

I wonder if you can claim that under insurance???

NXT is the Ish by the way... any it doesnt cost anywhere close to what Ziano does! another satisfied customer!

Last edited by Stage3; 10-22-04 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-25-04, 01:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha so now you know when i spend all the time washing and waxing my car all the time? that's all for a reason man

post some pics of your car! too bad there is no before and after, otherwise it would be cool

Last edited by rominl; 10-25-04 at 01:35 AM.