GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

JDM grey wood in gallery, Whose car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-01 | 09:30 AM
wcirksena
Rookie

I love that grey wood. Where did you get it, and how much. I have to have it.
Old 04-28-01 | 09:48 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

I love those Volk Racing AV3 wheels. Whoever owns this white GS, can you please tell me what size are your rims and tires(front and back). Can you please post some more pic of your car with both front and back wheels showing. Just curious, do you have a picture of your car with those wheels prior to lowering the car?
Sorry about all these questions, I also have a white GS and I really like those wheels.

Thanks
Old 04-28-01 | 10:31 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

From what I know, I saw it the grey wood setup off one of the links from Tom's website. It was all in japanese, so I was just clicking on links to look at pics. I came across the add for the grey wood setup. I have no idea how much it costs, but it's nice as hell.

Just my two cents
Old 04-28-01 | 11:52 AM
HKSpowerGS4
Driver

Default Owner of the white GS is....

The owner of the car is on the list and goes by "VeilSideGS3". He and I both have the JDM grey wood trim. It is comes on certain model Aristos in Japan. I got it from a different source in Japan than he did, you might want to ask him where he got his. He should see the posts soon and reply himself.

Will
Old 04-28-01 | 12:05 PM
ARIST
Rookie

Default how to get grey wood:

... UK market offer grey word interior with their Active Sport package. You can order it from there if you can locate source.

Best,

- ARIST
Old 04-28-01 | 02:37 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Owner of the white GS is....

Originally posted by HKSpowerGS4
The owner of the car is on the list and goes by "VeilSideGS3". He and I both have the JDM grey wood trim. It is comes on certain model Aristos in Japan. I got it from a different source in Japan than he did, you might want to ask him where he got his. He should see the posts soon and reply himself.

Will
HKSpowerGS4:

It's actually a JDM piece? I thought the entire wood piece in the middle isn't symmetrical?!

And the cupholder location, JDMs on the left side. Did you take the plastic apart from the wood to make it fit?
Old 04-28-01 | 11:54 PM
kodai
Driver

As James Brown said "Please, Please, Please. I need to know where to get that gray wood kit. That is a MUST have. If anyone can tell me where or how that would be cool. i have looked all over and asked just about every performance shop around. Not Rod Millen motorsports knows anything. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-01 | 11:24 PM
GSAristo
Driver

Exclamation I know that car!

Hi All,

Yep, that white GS is definitely "VeilSideGS3". He's a good friend of mine. I helped him install the grey wood trim one Saturday. I believe he got it special order from Dave at www.gtautosports.com. Though I don't remember the price exactly.

In regards to his wheels/tires... he's rolling 19inch Volk AV3's with 245-35R19 and 275-30R19 Yokohama AVS Sports. We both got our tires from Sander at www.thewheelsupply.com.

Hope that helps answer some questions. I just sent him an email, so he should post other answers soon.

Old 04-30-01 | 12:43 AM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Default Sup bros...

Will, Al and HKS WILL....what up my fellow gs bros.... Will (from east coast) the white car with the grey wood from japan is mine and thanks again Al for helping me that saturday bro I hope that Both Al and HKS Will have answered you guys questions...if you guys have anymore question just post them here or ask one of my buddies Al and HKS WILL

Kirby
Old 04-30-01 | 01:01 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Sup bros...

Originally posted by VeilSideGS3
Will, Al and HKS WILL....what up my fellow gs bros.... Will (from east coast) the white car with the grey wood from japan is mine and thanks again Al for helping me that saturday bro I hope that Both Al and HKS Will have answered you guys questions...if you guys have anymore question just post them here or ask one of my buddies Al and HKS WILL

Kirby

first of all thanks to all you guys for the info.

Did you guys find that buying the wood in Japan is alot cheaper than here? Or are there any places we can order wood from? (like Dave at GTA)

How did you guys separate the plastic part from the wood? HKS mentioned that the wood is symmetric but the cupholder and the shift opening part is the exact opposite. So you guys used the stock cupholder and the shift part plastic with the JDM grey wood? Did you guys just cut the pieces and then glue them back somehow?
Old 04-30-01 | 01:16 AM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Default Globe

Sup bro...

There are I believe....6-8? screws? You have to take off the cupholder piece from both the jdm piece and the usdm. The center piece is not a perfect fit. I noticed that you are from the irvine area...if you would like maybe we oculd meet up and I could show you the grey wood upclose...let me know what ocmes up ...hope this helped bro.
Old 04-30-01 | 01:24 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Globe

Originally posted by VeilSideGS3
Sup bro...

There are I believe....6-8? screws? You have to take off the cupholder piece from both the jdm piece and the usdm. The center piece is not a perfect fit. I noticed that you are from the irvine area...if you would like maybe we oculd meet up and I could show you the grey wood upclose...let me know what ocmes up ...hope this helped bro.

Cool. Are there any cutting or glueing?
Old 04-30-01 | 01:26 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Veilside,

Just wanted to say the wood looks DOPE!! Looks great with your interior. The rims and kit are the ish too!!

==Justin==
Old 04-30-01 | 01:55 AM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks bro
Old 04-30-01 | 02:06 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Veilside,

What kinda springs do you have on your car?? The car looks SICK w/o that UGLY wheel well gap!! What did you use to get rid of it??

==Justin==

Quick Reply: JDM grey wood in gallery, Whose car?