GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pure Aristo Noob questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-04 | 11:56 AM
teamsaisok
Driver School Candidate

Default Pure Aristo Noob questions

sorry if im repeating the same questions, but i got my civic stollen, and i got 16,000 from the insurance company. im planning to get a gs300, and i wanna know...what is needed to make the gs300 into a aristo? jdm parts? thanks!
Old 10-31-04 | 12:05 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

welcome aboard

emblems?
Old 10-31-04 | 12:08 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

emblems, engine, sit in the passenger seat and try to drive j/k

smart choice in car by the way

J
Old 10-31-04 | 03:17 PM
teamsaisok
Driver School Candidate

thanks.

yeah i already have the motor. 2 jz and the tranny, ecu, i just gotta find the right GS300

wut year is the best? or do you recommend????

for the Aristo conversion?
Old 10-31-04 | 07:52 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by teamsaisok
thanks.

yeah i already have the motor. 2 jz and the tranny, ecu, i just gotta find the right GS300

wut year is the best? or do you recommend????

for the Aristo conversion?
welcome.

technically you already have an Aristo, regardless of them emblem.

Now if you're talking about the turbo V300 version, then that involves engine swap. But if you just want to claim to have an Aristo, you already got one.

It's like all the G35 guys saying they got a Skyline. True they do, it's just not a GT-R. Same with Aristo. We just don't have the V300 version. But ya it still is an Aristo.

Old 10-31-04 | 08:08 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Tsk tsk.....all these wannabe..... just kiddin!!!

Like globeclk said, you already have an Aristo, the S300 version, not the V300. The V300 is almost a completely different animal with 4WS steering, twin turbo engine, 4-sp auto with F1-style shifting. If you do succeed in completing the swap, you would need to get your car to understand the JDM ECU that comes with the V300 motor. This would mean the difference in gas, the difference between RHD and LHD steering and all the associated japanese differences between your car and that ECU.

No particular year would be better than other year since you are taking out all the motor and tranny anyway. If I were you I'd just go and find the oldest, cheapest car you can find. Heck, it doesn't even really need to run well coz you are trashing the engine to the bin anyway.

Hope this helped.
Old 11-01-04 | 12:26 AM
teamsaisok
Driver School Candidate

yeah it sure helped, thanks guys. im thinking of picking up a 99gs300 tomorrow. black.

sorry, i was a total civic freak before this, i had a JDM right hand drive civic hatchback.

i worked at mackin industries( volk racing wheels), and Bride(tees usa)

if anyone needs hook upz, let me know. =)

when do you guys usually have meets? and where?

oh, and uhh, will the 2jz fit in directly with stock motor mounts? for the gs300, or is there any difference in the motor mounts from the gs300-gs430?

sorry for all these noob questions.

last of all, what company makes a carbon fiber hood for it?
Old 11-01-04 | 12:42 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Hei.. welcome!

the stock motor for the GS300 is the 2jz... just not the V300's 2jzgte. what is in the 300 is the S300's 2jzge engine (without the turbos). I don't think it is a direct-bolt-on modification as the 2jzgte engine is meant for a right hand drive vehicle. The ECU, drive shaft, and a whole bunch of components are different. What some people who have done the engine swap have done is pair up the gte with a six speed manual and sorta bypassing some of the ECU (something like that)...

I too was thinking of this mod since I live only 3 hours away by plane from Jap and we dont have stringent emmission laws here on Guam. Hope you get to do it! It would be interesting. you would be one of a few! We actually have one RHD V300 here running around Guam. It's nice. I'd like to try it out some time.

oops.. i just read you do got the engine and tranny..... anyway... good luck with it!

Last edited by babyGS3; 11-01-04 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-01-04 | 12:42 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Spoken like a true JDM'er.

You can get cf hood at VIS Racing, Veilside, Tom's, Quest Power, AB Flug....plenty of choices, if you are willing to wait.
Old 11-01-04 | 12:48 AM
teamsaisok
Driver School Candidate

kool, thanks for the info...so its totally diff than civics ahhaha

so it is possible to do the swap right? even though i want to leave it RHD.

yeah i got the 2jzgte complete motor with ecu.
Old 11-01-04 | 03:49 AM
yoshi
Pole Position

I have a V300 - trust me, you don't want to turn a GS300 into a V300 if you can help it.

I would buy a second hand V300 Aristo from Japan - maybe for $20K. The 2JZ-GTE motor you have could be boosted heavily to 600-1000bhp then swopped into the Aristo. Of course you will have a spare 2JZ-GTE motor but that is worth lots of dollars.

The Aristo engine ECU is for the bin anyway - you want Blitz / TOMS Tec / Mines or Motec ECU.

The Aristo V300 F1 shift is ESSENTIAL, and you won't get that on a GS. It allows 'L' gear which is excellent for standing start launches and really does shave time off our 1/4. The F1 shift will also allow you to race track and put it in the right gear for each corner - the Aristo ECU will probably shift it into a 'safe' gear such as 3rd when you could get more power out of the corner in 2nd from using the F1 shift.
Old 11-01-04 | 05:26 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

yeah it sure helped, thanks guys. im thinking of picking up a 99gs300 tomorrow. black.

sorry, i was a total civic freak before this, i had a JDM right hand drive civic hatchback.

oh, and uhh, will the 2jz fit in directly with stock motor mounts? for the gs300, or is there any difference in the motor mounts from the gs300-gs430?

carbon fiber hood on a gs (since your getting black its not all that bad...but still)....imo its kind of "ricey"....on civics they are definitely really nice.....but the gs is a 4 door luxury sedan..idk bout that one...just my 2 cents.....but hey if you like the "ricey look" then thats all that matters...as other have said in other threads "mod your car for urself and to the way you like it." peace
Old 11-01-04 | 06:02 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by yoshi
I have a V300 - trust me, you don't want to turn a GS300 into a V300 if you can help it.

I would buy a second hand V300 Aristo from Japan - maybe for $20K. The 2JZ-GTE motor you have could be boosted heavily to 600-1000bhp then swopped into the Aristo. Of course you will have a spare 2JZ-GTE motor but that is worth lots of dollars.

The Aristo engine ECU is for the bin anyway - you want Blitz / TOMS Tec / Mines or Motec ECU.

The Aristo V300 F1 shift is ESSENTIAL, and you won't get that on a GS. It allows 'L' gear which is excellent for standing start launches and really does shave time off our 1/4. The F1 shift will also allow you to race track and put it in the right gear for each corner - the Aristo ECU will probably shift it into a 'safe' gear such as 3rd when you could get more power out of the corner in 2nd from using the F1 shift.
LOL, don't you think a lot more CL members would have done this if this was as easy as you said? Good luck trying to import a V300 and getting it approved by the MoT.
Old 11-01-04 | 07:50 PM
teamsaisok
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the information guys. it really heped me...although doing price checks...my jaws dropped....hahahha i gotta save more money....lot more money! =)
Old 11-01-04 | 07:56 PM
rodel
Advanced

The GS300 already has a 2JZ. Are you referring to installing a 2JZ-GTE? I believe that SP Engineering in SoCal has done this swap. Locally, you could get a VIS cf hood.

Last edited by rodel; 11-01-04 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Pure Aristo Noob questions