GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

lighted interior door handles

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-04, 07:58 PM
ESchris
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default lighted interior door handles

Does the GS300 have lighted interior door handles? I am referring to lights similar to those found on the Audi A6 and Mercedes E Class cars. By lighted door handles, I mean that there is a small strip of light on the upper inside plastic lining of the interior door pulls that illuminates the handles for easy exit at night.

Also, is the GS truly plagued by rattles and noises, or is it just victim to the reality that all cars have rattles and noises?

And finally, is the Nakamichi sound system that much better than the stock system that it warrants finding one with it?

Much appreciation

ESchris
Old 11-02-04, 08:19 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No the GS doesnt have interior door light handles.

If there are rattles and noises, they are very minimal and most them can be fixed by DIY or if still under warranty the dealer can fix.

I have the NAK sounds good to me, although I never heard a GS without NAK or ML. so I dont know about that one.

About the interior door light handle, I dont really think there is a need for one, there is a interior foot light on the lower portion of the door however, which is much more accomodating I think than a light on the door handle.
Old 11-02-04, 08:58 PM
melarainc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have experienced a little bit of a noise comming out the sunroof but other than that it is tight.

there is very little difference from the nkm sound but it will all depend on what kind of music you are into.
Old 11-02-04, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: lighted interior door handles

Originally posted by ESchris
Does the GS300 have lighted interior door handles? I am referring to lights similar to those found on the Audi A6 and Mercedes E Class cars. By lighted door handles, I mean that there is a small strip of light on the upper inside plastic lining of the interior door pulls that illuminates the handles for easy exit at night.

Also, is the GS truly plagued by rattles and noises, or is it just victim to the reality that all cars have rattles and noises?

And finally, is the Nakamichi sound system that much better than the stock system that it warrants finding one with it?

Much appreciation

ESchris
nop the GS doesn't have the strip of light for the door handles

well, my gs had rattles on the moonroof cover, now fixed. there is a little squeak in the front dash, no time to fix it now though. that's it

the nak is good, better than stock, but it's no match to the new ML imho
Old 11-02-04, 10:48 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother's harrier has the illuminated interior door handles. I am working with some LEDs to see if I can get this done to my door.