GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Options besides Polarg M4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-04, 02:13 AM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Options besides Polarg M4?

Are there other options besides the Polarg M4 for the wedge lights for the GS? I found that they weren't quite as bright as I'd like, the colour match was so-so at best, and now after only 2 months, one of them has burnt out. I understand the M6 is brighter, but also burns out fairly quickly too. What are my options? Are there other brands that look better and last longer? Thanks alot!! ~R
Old 11-03-04, 06:01 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,297 Likes on 1,400 Posts

From the lighting forum courtsey PHML

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=127769

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-03-04 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-03-04, 06:09 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

I had the Polarg M6 in my car and they were bright as well as a great match to the HID and lasted over 2 years.
Old 11-03-04, 09:28 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Options besides Polarg M4?

Originally posted by RRocket
Are there other options besides the Polarg M4 for the wedge lights for the GS? I found that they weren't quite as bright as I'd like, the colour match was so-so at best, and now after only 2 months, one of them has burnt out. I understand the M6 is brighter, but also burns out fairly quickly too. What are my options? Are there other brands that look better and last longer? Thanks alot!! ~R
I'm surprised the M4s burned out already. Mine has been in almost a year and so far so good **knock on wood **. Depending on your HID color, the M6 will light more blue than the M4. The M6 will also run at a higher wattage than the M4 (and stock). It is probably personal tastes but I find the M4s a very good match for my 6000k HIDs.
Old 11-03-04, 10:09 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Options besides Polarg M4?

Originally posted by RRocket
Try the 9 LED 194 bulbs from warden_jp2002 on ebay. Very bright and there is no filament to burn out. Shipping from Hong Kong is only $1.80. Two bulbs only cost $7.00. I know he is not an approved vendor. But its another option for you to pursue if you preferr. Keep in mind that because these bulbs come from Hong Kong, it would take longer to get. They have to travel that far and also would have to go through Customs. I have these all over my car. And are very happy with them. I found out about them through another CL member. I was actually very suprized that the Polargs didn't last that long for you. Those are usually very good bulbs. I hope this helps you.

Will
Old 11-03-04, 10:22 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Re: Options besides Polarg M4?

Originally posted by TAMR_GUS98
Try the 9 LED 194 bulbs from warden_jp2002 on ebay. Very bright and there is no filament to burn out. Shipping from Hong Kong is only $1.80. Two bulbs only cost $7.00. I know he is not an approved vendor. But its another option for you to pursue if you preferr. Keep in mind that because these bulbs come from Hong Kong, it would take longer to get. They have to travel that far and also would have to go through Customs. I have these all over my car. And are very happy with them. I found out about them through another CL member. I was actually very suprized that the Polargs didn't last that long for you. Those are usually very good bulbs. I hope this helps you.

Will
LOL....i guess that was me who first bought from warden (CH Lau). Unfortunately, a couple of my 9-LEDs blown after a few months, and one was DOA....great while they lasted tho.

Im trying something else...its in transit....should get them next week.

Pete
Old 11-03-04, 01:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow i am surprised it burned out. maybe you touched the glass area? mine has been on for more than 2 yrs and still strong (knock on wood too)

read the thread created by phml, it has a lot of info
Old 11-03-04, 01:12 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Options besides Polarg M4?

Originally posted by PHML
LOL....i guess that was me who first bought from warden (CH Lau). Unfortunately, a couple of my 9-LEDs blown after a few months, and one was DOA....great while they lasted tho.

Im trying something else...its in transit....should get them next week.

Pete
Alright Pete,
What do you have up your sleeve now. Keep us posted with pics Buddy.
Will
Old 11-03-04, 06:33 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by alsilverbullet
I had the Polarg M6 in my car and they were bright as well as a great match to the HID and lasted over 2 years.
I have the M6 as well, still burning for over two years.
Old 11-03-04, 06:53 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the Philips Bluevision wedge bulbs and they match up nicely with my HIDS. May not be as bright as you like though.

Last edited by Dr.G; 11-03-04 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 11:45 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Here's a pic of my M6...only about a year old.....and its been in my reverse lights for abt 8 months.....looks like its abt ready to blow up.

Pete

Old 11-07-04, 11:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Here's a pic of my M6...only about a year old.....and its been in my reverse lights for abt 8 months.....looks like its abt ready to blow up.

Pete

i took out the m6 from my reverse the other day and it looks good. but from what i have read a lot of people with m6 in the front high beam housing all got blacked out underneath. i guess it's the heat?
Old 11-08-04, 09:41 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally posted by rominl
i took out the m6 from my reverse the other day and it looks good. but from what i have read a lot of people with m6 in the front high beam housing all got blacked out underneath. i guess it's the heat?
Henry...its definitely the heat.

I don't think the M6 was meant for constant use.....maybe as a signal bulb....but NOT as a wedge bulb.

Pete
Old 11-08-04, 09:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Henry...its definitely the heat.

I don't think the M6 was meant for constant use.....maybe as a signal bulb....but NOT as a wedge bulb.

Pete
that's true, very well could be the case
Old 11-08-04, 10:35 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's why when one burns out, I replace both with new bulbs, since the other one won't light up as bright. I like the M6's for wedge, match up well with the factory HIDs IMO.

Quick Reply: Options besides Polarg M4?