GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Well, on second thought...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-04, 03:14 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kaju...

cool.. i have a kaju-CAB? cold air box? coolio!
Old 11-08-04, 09:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by KevinGS
Yes, the color was a little feminine to me at first. But people love it. I get lots of questions about the color, especially at night for some reason. And with the grill painted, and the badges off, I am starting to like it more and more myself.

As for lowering more, I'm already rubbing a little because I have an aggressive offset up front (+37).

And I know if I crank it down a little more, my ride will be affected a bit too. I traverse alot of bumpy roads, and I am riding on 19s (albeit, with the fat setup)...so I need as much compliance as possible. For me, this is low enough. Some people wonder if it's lowered at all, and I like that. I like for things to be as understated as possible.
yeah the car would look a lot better if you lower it more, but as long as it's not rubbing and you like it, it's all good

so did you get to push the car a bit hard yet? i remember you said you are all about performance and handling
Old 11-08-04, 10:53 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
yeah the car would look a lot better if you lower it more, but as long as it's not rubbing and you like it, it's all good

so did you get to push the car a bit hard yet? i remember you said you are all about performance and handling
No can do on the lowering. Already rubbing a little, and the ride is stiff enough. Any lower will probably cause more rubbing and a firmer ride...no can do on both counts.

To my eyes, the lowering is perfect. I like a little space between the tire and body. But that's just me. Tires tucked under the wheel well is not my kinda look.

Have I pushed it? With a torque converter, SRT intake and Teins???? Are you kidding me???? I am trying to push it LESS? It just rides so well, so controllable in turns, and so damn fast...and when you match the speed with that WOT SRT roar...man, it's like auto-heaven. Once I get the roar calmed down a bit, it will be truly perfect. Even my girlfriend is starting to like the roar, still not as much as me though. But she loves the speed, and she is an excellent driver. She has a 1995 Twin Turbo Z modded up to 375 hp (a quiet 375 hp though), and she really pushes that thing sometimes. But she is a very safe driver, even when speeding. Very attentive to the road conditions and surrounding traffic. She is actually a better driver than me in terms of overall awareness and usage of mirrors. And that's saying something.

Again though, tthere's nothing like the combo of that intake roar and the car surging forward at WOT...I swear it's like you're in a jet or something.

I see right now I will need a Valentine One soon (to match the g/f's). I am putting it on the Xmas list.

Right now, I am loving that car. But I still need my TTE lip and a muted roar from the intake (at anything less than WOT)...then it's time for a road trip...destination: ANYWHERE.

Last edited by KevinGS; 11-08-04 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-08-04, 11:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i am so glad you are loving the car kevin, that's great! and yeah, get teh V1. i have it and you have no idea how many times it saved my *** before. and the total amount for the tickets, i can now get a lot of other stuff

and yup, with the tc (you don't have the lsd yet, just imagine it's even faster), the car is insanely fast. it's just fast. at highway speed i can floor the car any time and i will literally fly by all the people. some people they are amzed how fast my car walks away from them
Old 11-09-04, 07:19 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
i am so glad you are loving the car kevin, that's great! and yeah, get teh V1. i have it and you have no idea how many times it saved my *** before. and the total amount for the tickets, i can now get a lot of other stuff

and yup, with the tc (you don't have the lsd yet, just imagine it's even faster), the car is insanely fast. it's just fast. at highway speed i can floor the car any time and i will literally fly by all the people. some people they are amzed how fast my car walks away from them
I have recently been in a GS with TC and LSD. Loved the quickness, didn't like the higher RPM cruising speeds though. And I want my Lex to have the 150 mph top speed option, because at times, on an open highway in the middle of nowhere...I will creep up beyond 140.

And I didn't like the fact that his rear end doesn't slide at all around turns. The rear end instead came around pretty quickly once it reached that breakaway point. I'd rather my big Lex slide a bit, as opposed to coming around on me if I give it some gas mid-corner. I hate that sensation of the rear end possibly coming around on me...gives me less confidence so I actually drive slower. With the LSD, the VSC needs to definitely stay on when really boogying unless you are very experienced at catching that tail whipping around on you.

And the shifting was a little more abrupt with the LSD too, even when I was babying the gas pedal. I didn't like that.

And, really, my Lex with the sticky Goodyear Eagle GSD3s latch to the tarmac pretty quickly, so I rarely spend much time burning rubber...they put the power down quickly and I am gone.

The LSD is probably not for me, not right now. But straight line, that LSD mod is quick as he11 with the torque converter.

But my car is fast enough...for now.

Last edited by KevinGS; 11-09-04 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-09-04, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by KevinGS
I have recently been in a GS with TC and LSD. Loved the quickness, didn't like the higher RPM cruising speeds though. And I want my Lex to have the 150 mph top speed option, because at times, on an open highway in the middle of nowhere...I will creep up beyond 140.

And I didn't like the fact that his rear end doesn't slide at all around turns. The rear end instead came around pretty quickly once it reached that breakaway point. I'd rather my big Lex slide a bit, as opposed to coming around on me if I give it some gas mid-corner. I hate that sensation of the rear end possibly coming around on me...gives me less confidence so I actually drive slower. With the LSD, the VSC needs to definitely stay on when really boogying unless you are very experienced at catching that tail whipping around on you.

And the shifting was a little more abrupt with the LSD too, even when I was babying the gas pedal. I didn't like that.

And, really, my Lex with the sticky Goodyear Eagle GSD3s latch to the tarmac pretty quickly, so I rarely spend much time burning rubber...they put the power down quickly and I am gone.

The LSD is probably not for me, not right now. But straight line, that LSD mod is quick as he11 with the torque converter.

But my car is fast enough...for now.
ah that's good. at lesat you got the chance to do the comparison with the lsd, so you know what you want and what you don't