GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The unimaginable has happened... (car broken into last night)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 09:53 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: The unimaginable has happened!!!

Early this morning i was rudely awakened by my roommate to find out that there are 3 police cars by my car. I get up to find out how my car rolled into the middle of the street, and i find that my car has been broken into. I give the officers my information, and go to look into my car. When i stepped through the glass all i could see was a destroyed car. My DVD player was taken out, and my cd reciever was taken also. The dvd player was in the same place the ashtray was, therefore the gear shifter had to be put into neutral, which it forcefully was, and my car rolled back into the middle of the street. My radar detector was stolen along with the DVD player and the CD Reciever. Thankfully my navigation wasn't broken, although they ran into the rear of my car pulling away, chipping the paint, and dented the black frame around the window right beneath the chrome stipping around the window. The factory wood around the center console was dented on the inside area by the ashtray, my headliner was torn slightly and my shifter **** (on the leather) was destroyed). My car seemed to drive fine even though they yanked it from park to neutral, but i am going to have that checked out. That's all i can remember being messed up off the top of my head, but i have a list of 11 things that were messed up and/or stolen from the car.

Thankfully, they didn't take the monitors out of my headrests or visors (although they wouldn't have been hard to get) and they even stole a bottle of CK cologne! WTF! Anyway, thought i would vent. Will have pics of the car soon, hopefully i will be able to upload.

John

Last edited by JohnGS4; 11-26-04 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 10:05 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

oh man . dude i'm so sorry to read about this. any cameras out there? i hope the insurance takes carse of you. best of luck tp you man..
Old 11-07-04, 10:10 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry bro this sux i hate thieves
Old 11-07-04, 10:16 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

BlueLex: No, unfortunately there are no cameras around. They fingerprinted but found nothing. Thinking of getting the camera in the trunk lid. I have AAA as my insurance, so hopefully they will take care of the items stolen and the stuff messed up.

LexusonDubs: I hate thieves also. Just haters!!!! Since they can't have anything nice on their own, they decied to take someone elses nice stuff!

If nothing else, maybe my insurance will cut me a fat *** check and i can do a few more mods i wanted to do! That's just looking on the bright side. But, i'm not gonna go the ghetto route and drive with the plastic in the window, so i got it parked right now at my girls house, till i get the glass fixed. Also, looking to get another alarm, one that shows the car on the remote for your keychain, and shows the damage and where it's at.

John

Last edited by JohnGS4; 11-07-04 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 11:07 PM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Thats why my car / bike is ALWAYS in the garage.
Old 11-07-04, 11:10 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That freakin' stinks man. These people should be caned, singapore style. Grrr...
Old 11-07-04, 11:19 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dayam thieves!!! Hmmmmmm....caining is too lenient....i say an eye-for-an-eye.....in this case....just chop off them hands....LOL!!!
Old 11-07-04, 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh man this completely sux dude..... sorry to hear that i really hate those cowards.....
Old 11-07-04, 11:32 PM
Samchu329
Pole Position

Unhappy

man I am really sorry to hear that. those MF should be hanged.

hope everything goes fine.
Old 11-07-04, 11:34 PM
LexFather

Damn this sucks. Do u drive around with the windows down? B/C if they stole the DVD player and not the T.Vs, they specifically went for that. The T.Vs are usually if not always the 1st to go with thieves since they are so visible.
Old 11-07-04, 11:40 PM
kingkong5
Lead Lap

That totally sucks, sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 11-07-04, 11:46 PM
daveyB14
Rookie

When I was 15, my bike was stolen when I went to the store. I was pissed off for a few days, considering that was my main source of transportation. I can't even begin to imagine the horrible feeling you got when you found your car laying in the middle of the street like that. Hopefully, those asshats will caught in the act and the owner wont hesitate to end their pathetic lives.
Old 11-08-04, 03:57 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

sorry to hear the bad news man. that really sucks. hopefully things will work out favorably with your insurance company.
Old 11-08-04, 06:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Sorry to read about this John. When my LS was broken into, they paid for the damage to the wood, cuts in the seat with the leather, glass, etc but didn't covert the stolen radar detector which sucked.
Old 11-08-04, 06:45 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Damn man sorry to hear of this, I had some stuff stolen out of my car earlier this year and the feeling on anger is just awful. I hope everything works out for ya man.

Quick Reply: The unimaginable has happened... (car broken into last night)